My City !

About ourselves.

Moderators: tuttiflutes, chillers2, Balou

Cisco

My City !

Post by Cisco »

Well i went into town today it was scorchio in the Burgh today , i thought i would go take some pics ! so....................

Arthurs Seat
Some snaps from Calton Hill
the Castle
Scots Monument
Scottish Parliament from Calton Hill
North Bridge , Castle etc from Calton Hill

Thats all for now folks...................

-
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

looks beautiful, never been 2edinburgh, in fact never been further north than manchester :oops: i want2 travel all oper the uk, &edinburgh is 1st on my list 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXbNLkNh ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Well im sure my man Twitch and i would give you a warm welcome :wink: it is really a beautiful city but when your caught up in life you some times dont really take in your surroundings i feel !?

It was good today just standing soaking it all up ! Eh a nice fatty of Boerjack , and another of ye ol faithfull Double 0 may have helped with that :lol:
-
Twichaldinho

Post by Twichaldinho »

Love my City. Cool pics mate.
Endure
Sky

Post by Sky »

Very beautiful!
Look like a very pleasant place to live.
Ingwey Gooblebogger

Post by Ingwey Gooblebogger »

looks beautiful, never been 2edinburgh, in fact never been further north than manchester i want2 travel all oper the uk, &edinburgh is 1st on my list
Edinburgh is a beautiful city.

It also has some good cultural things to see. Do they still have the fringe festival?

I also remember that some of the lasses there were spectacular!
(But I was a "girl-crazy" young man in those days :wink: )
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

i gotta make it to edinburgh. iv been to glasgow and another town which i will not name but i did not make it to edinburgh. im thinking sometime in 2011.
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

cantona7 wrote:i gotta make it to edinburgh. iv been to glasgow and another town which i will not name but i did not make it to edinburgh. im thinking sometime in 2011.
We are renowned for our hospitality :wink: there would be a warm welcome !
-
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

cisco wrote:
cantona7 wrote:i gotta make it to edinburgh. iv been to glasgow and another town which i will not name but i did not make it to edinburgh. im thinking sometime in 2011.
We are renowned for our hospitality :wink: there would be a warm welcome !
thanks dude i'm def gonna try and make it. same goes for you guys always welcome in seattle. great city as long as u dont mind the rain we get from october-april.
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Ingwey Gooblebogger wrote:
looks beautiful, never been 2edinburgh, in fact never been further north than manchester i want2 travel all oper the uk, &edinburgh is 1st on my list
Edinburgh is a beautiful city.

It also has some good cultural things to see. Do they still have the fringe festival?

I also remember that some of the lasses there were spectacular!
(But I was a "girl-crazy" young man in those days :wink: )
Yessir still got the Fringe , the whole city more or less comes to a standstill !!

So cmon then peeps lets see some pics of your City ?
-
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

I'd love to visit Edinburgh some day.
cantona7

Post by cantona7 »

well i live in what people in america call "suburbia" pretty quiet, lots of mini vans,kids, schools, etc. alot of hiking trails and being that we're at sealevel some beaches. i live smack in the middle of the seattle tacoma metro area home to about 5-7m people so i guess i'll show pics of both.

first off i didn't take these pics but i didn't want to steal anyone bandwith by taking them and linking from their site.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

seattle from kerry park on queen anne hill

seattle taken from the puget sound

gasworks park. a very popular park in seattle esp during summer

the emp(experience music project) a music museum. its imo quite the eyesore but they supposedly have a huge music memorabilia collection. its been open since like 2000 and i havent been haha.

sometimes when im in fremont(part of seattle) i like to visit my friend lenin. this is a 16 foot statue of him near a dispensary i use

if you drive under the aurora bridge look out for the fremont troll. obviously the guy in that vw missed him. fremont is one of my fave parts of seattle..its really quirky in a good way. also a ton of football/soccer pubs.

husky stadium home of the u of washington football and track teams. with standing room holds close to 80,000

qwest field home of the seattle seahawks, sounders fc, concerts, etc. capacity 68,000

safeco field home of the mariners capacity 47,000

pike place market. big tourist attraction. tons of cool shops

pioneer square. one of the older parts of seattle left. the original city was burned down in the great fire in like 1889. they built over it but you can still tour the old underground city.

mt rainer

eat your heart out iceland we've got a volcano too.. mt St. Helens

tacoma narrows bridge

the wash state capitol building

our light rail system brand new

so yea in a nutshell thats seattle-tacoma . didn't post pics of he boeing plant or anything. although i may move in the next few years im very proud to have been born and raised here and i rep my city to the fullest. love being a seattleite
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

Nice Cantona. I've visited Lenin in Fremont before. Fremont seems like a good spot for a dispensary. I think I hit a music shop and a Thai restaurant when I was up there. Great neighborhood.
cantona7

Post by cantona7 »

geoffk wrote:Nice Cantona. I've visited Lenin in Fremont before. Fremont seems like a good spot for a dispensary. I think I hit a music shop and a Thai restaurant when I was up there. Great neighborhood.
the dispensary i use is in between a thai curry house and an indian curry house. you may have eaten right by my spot haha. its in the middle of a very narrow alley.

the people of fremont dress up lenin too. in drag, costumes, etc. for Christmas they put a bright red star over him.
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

I too nicked this pic of where I live. Image