The Ultimate Move! Now May 16, 2012

About ourselves.

Moderators: tuttiflutes, chillers2, Balou

Balou

Re: The Ultimate Move! JUNE 1, 2011

Post by Balou »

Puffin13 wrote:
balou1999 wrote:So after years of trying to figure out how to make the move to A'dam, I have finally set a date. June 1, 2011 I will make the Ultimate Move :!: I have just about everything in order, just need to save more money and find a flat to rent. I'll post a link to my blog when the wheels really get to turning.

Peace,
Balou
I made the "ultimate move" about ten years ago. What a trip was!:lol: I wish you all the best, for your move, balou!

I would like to make a suggestion; make sure you have all the paper work you will need for your move: birth certificates, marriages, divorces, children's BC's, education documents, and the list goes on n on. All the paperwork also needs to notarized and some documents require an Apostille. All documents must be originals and not just copies. Peace and good luck to you!
Thanks Puffin. I have my degree, transcripts, certifications, business plan, health insurance and apostille birth certificate all ready to go. Since it's just me, hopefully that'll make things a bit easier.

Peace,
Balou

Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

good luck man hope everything works out for ya :wink:
-
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

With the prices of rents in amsterdam i wish you the very best of luck.
DanFromUk

Post by DanFromUk »

Pompeys a nice place. Only 50 mins to the dam and about a hour to an hour and a half to london!!
Hunting for crystals
evergrey1968

Post by evergrey1968 »

Puffin13 wrote:some documents require an Apostille.
Tell me about it ! Just got a load of stuff back that's been Apostilled by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office so that we can book the wedding for next year, cost £100 for three documents..if you do need to get this done, send them all off in one batch as they charge £6.00 postage per batch.
Dava

Post by Dava »

DanFromUk wrote:Pompeys a nice place. Only 50 mins to the dam and about a hour to an hour and a half to london!!

is it? all you sailor boys! :P
DanFromUk

Post by DanFromUk »

Dava not everyone from portsmouth is in the navy

8)
Hunting for crystals
Dava

Post by Dava »

DanFromUk wrote:Dava not everyone from portsmouth is in the navy

8)
haha i was playing with ya!

leeds is better anyhow! :P
DanFromUk

Post by DanFromUk »

Maybe he doesn't fancy eating pies all day long.
Hunting for crystals
Boner

Post by Boner »

Chris Moyles comes from Leeds, more than enough proof it's a shithole. ;) :lol:
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Dava

Post by Dava »

Boner wrote:Chris Moyles comes from Leeds, more than enough proof it's a shithole. ;) :lol:

Lol and where is it u live may I ask?? Pies?? Better than jellied eels in London haha!!
Boner

Post by Boner »

Dava wrote:
Boner wrote:Chris Moyles comes from Leeds, more than enough proof it's a shithole. ;) :lol:

Lol and where is it u live may I ask?? Pies?? Better than jellied eels in London haha!!
I admit where I live is a pure shithole, Telford btw or as I like to call it Hellford, in general Telfords a fucking dump (I reckon we have more chavs per square mile than anywhere else) but I'm fortunate enough to live in a decent part.

I'm a yam yam (Wolverhampton) originally and yes thats a shithole as well, saying that I'm actually from a little village a few miles outside of Wolves which was half and half & luckily I lived in the nicer half. ;)
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Balou

Post by Balou »

I just signed a contract that will keep me in the US until September 23. The good, I get to save more money. The bad, I have to stay here longer. At least I can make it Mokum before Winter has a chance to really set in.

Peace,
Balou
Balou

Re: The Ultimate Move! October 1, 2011

Post by Balou »

Well I just got out of a meeting and they want me to stay on for an additional 2 months :shock: So now my last day will be November 18th. I wanted to be settled in before Winter rolled around but it looks like I'll be moving in the middle of it. One good thing that came out of all this, I'm moving three years to the day that I started planning :!: Now to get my flight booked and sort out temporary accommodation.

Peace,
Balou
YourGuru

Re: The Ultimate Move! October 1, 2011

Post by YourGuru »

balou1999 wrote:Well I just got out of a meeting and they want me to stay on for an additional 2 months :shock: So now my last day will be November 18th. I wanted to be settled in before Winter rolled around but it looks like I'll be moving in the middle of it. One good thing that came out of all this, I'm moving three years to the day that I started planning :!: Now to get my flight booked and sort out temporary accommodation.

Peace,
Balou
I'm planning my move too. I've been jumping through the hoops, and will gladly share any info. I'll be looking for places, signing my lease at the beginning of December. We should make a crawl looking for flats, go to a couple bars, and a few CSs. Check my "in town" dates and Let me know!
Bad artists imitate, Great artists steal..