The highs and lows of 2011 and the positives of 2012

About ourselves.

Moderators: tuttiflutes, chillers2, Balou

steven

The highs and lows of 2011 and the positives of 2012

Post by steven »

Well 2011 is nearly over and 2012 is just around the corner... What a year it's been, so many highs and lows throughout the year with 5 family deaths, a marriage break up, the death of a baby, a house move.. It's not been the greatest year of my life and you'd actually think I'm cursed with doom:-/ but we can only look forward to 2012 with a positive attitude, not let the gloom from 2011 continue into a new yr, move forward and let bygones be bygones, I've not posted for a while for many reasons, stopping smoking and distancing myself was the main one but like any addiction the smell of green and trips to Amsterdam always win!!!

Some of my highs of 2011 was my trips to Amsterdam 420 being my first, then again in July/august and my latest one for the cup last month, and meeting Rufus over there always did brighten my trip reports up. Unfortunately there isn't one for cup week, kept myself to myself and just did the usual coffeeshops, easytimes rokerij, and rookies.. Went on a budget and only spent 7€ the whole time I was there on weed... I think the fact I had stopped for about 3 full week before had it's impact, but overall it was the worst decision I've ever made and I shouldn't have put that smoke of Amsterdams finest to my lips as it did what I didn't want it to, give me the taste of what's missing and I'm back to square one lining the pockets of scumbags who don't care if 2g weighs 1g! 
So what's 2012 going to be like? well for me.. Weed and hash free, no more trips to Amsterdam, no lining the pockets of scummy dealers, hopefully a death free year, and no more hits on ACD, thats right I'm off folks and I'll be very surprised if I ever come back on, I'm breaking free as I've so much hatred for the drug and after 23yr smoking it's no longer enjoyable. It's been a great site for meeting folk and some will always be close to my heart, it's great for gatherings etc and great for off the topic sections for banter, well done to lemming & co for coming up with the site because without the wealth of info on it, folk like me wouldn't have a clue about coffeeshops in lieden, rotterdam etc. But I've had enough and think there's so many changes needing done for 2012 and with my 3 week fast I seen someone I've never seen in the last 23yrs.... Me, the Steven I never knew existed, the one who had time for people, the one who could be wound up without snapping and enjoy having a laugh... With weed I'm none of that person so that's my first change, the rest is well who knows what will follow maybe one day in the future I'll come back and give you all a trip report from the costa del solway drug free.. But until the yr 2020 enjoy life, enjoy your trips, enjoy your cannabis, I've no disrespect for anyone on here including twich for being a hearts fan, but I'll enjoy this next year the best I can and will hopefully have the next 23yr drug free when ironically I'll be 64 lol I should maybe update my post in that thread lol, I think not... I'm offski ;-)

artymac

Re: The highs and lows of 2011 and the positives of 2012

Post by artymac »

Well the best of luck "steven", it sounds as though you're certainly thought it through and i understand fully that it can be one or the other for many people, on or off, with no cutting down as an option. In that case, you can fool some people but you should never fool yourself.
The world will be a different place, not necessarily for the worse. Take care......got to go smoke a bit of 'topboot' :oops: :oops:
Mind and still enjoy yourself... :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8)
chillers2

Post by chillers2 »

steven, i wish you all the luck in the world for "2012"

you have had a rough time of it, but remember, now things can only get better for you,

life sucks but stay positive, and if ever you want a rant you can always PM me, but you already know that..... :)

good luck with giving up,
you take good care now

jen... :)
just chilling .....
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I have much respect for you Steven and I genuinely wish you the very best :wink:
Sue Narmy

Post by Sue Narmy »

Good luck for the future.
I is female
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Keep on keeping on matey :D.
What a long strange trip it is.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

edited
Last edited by Rufus on Fri 31st Aug 2012 03:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vandaag is het begin van de rest van je leven
gixxer

Post by gixxer »

:cry: :cry: boo hoo :cry: :cry:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RIP Lee Rigby

a fallen brother