4 month break

About ourselves.

Moderators: tuttiflutes, chillers2, Balou

Sailor59

Re: 4 month break

Post by Sailor59 »

Also marvellous for long night flights. Melatonin is naturally released in the body to initiate the sleep process so taking it before you want to sleep helps a lot.

Matroos negenenvijftig
treetop

Post by treetop »

hawk77442 wrote:Hi Treetop.

I just want to say thanks.
For weeks I've been procrastinating ( if that's the right word ) about giving the weed a break.

Your posts have helped me relate and helped me gain the strength to say F&$k it. enough is enough!!

I don't need this shit. I have to clear my head. My chest is taking a beating, I'm tired all the time and It's just not doing it for me any more.

The main reason I need to stop is that in 43 days I'm off to Amsterdam for 10 days and I'm going have to be clear headed to decide what amazing, sweet, resin coated buds I want to smoke first!

But seriously. If I can find some way of controlling myself and moderating my use then I'll be a happy man.

Keep up the good work Treetop.

I know synthetic weed is probably worse for you than weed, but when I last quit I found that stuff an absolute godsend to take the edge off my moods, helps with appetite, and great for getting to sleep. Highly recommended.

Peace out.
you are welcome. 8)

Three weeks and not consuming will become a habit just as the reverse is true.

That said I'm looking forward to the cup. A lot. :lol:
How much did you produce?
treetop

Post by treetop »

TwoCanucks wrote:
treetop wrote:
billyriz wrote:have you tried herbal sleeping tablets? they help me relax and sleep well when i have detox weeks
Not easily available in my location but seeing as I'm moving in the next 6 months it is something I'll look into. Thanks for the tip. :D

ps.... 8) continues
Try melatonin, its available otc without a prescription, wont leave you drowsy in the morning.

Hope it will help me sleep on the long flight to the dam. 8)

Thanks for the tip guys. :D

ps - 8)
treetop

Post by treetop »

Sailor59 wrote:Also marvellous for long night flights. Melatonin is naturally released in the body to initiate the sleep process so taking it before you want to sleep helps a lot.
With a long flight coming soon I'll be scouring the local chemists/pharmacies for this 'Melatonin' Hoping that it will cut my consciousness in half for the trip. :lol:
treetop

Post by treetop »

8) continues
Last edited by treetop on Tue 11th Oct 2016 02:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Keep it up, cheapest dam trip for weed spending you would ever have had, I have had a big detox aswell, got weed last week and still sat on 4gs of the 5gs I got, less is more 8)
treetop

Post by treetop »

Kermit wrote:Keep it up, cheapest dam trip for weed spending you would ever have had, I have had a big detox aswell, got weed last week and still sat on 4gs of the 5gs I got, less is more 8)
Last edited by treetop on Tue 11th Oct 2016 02:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
treetop

Post by treetop »

Almost
Last edited by treetop on Tue 11th Oct 2016 02:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lemon Haze

Post by Lemon Haze »

Just saw this thread, good for you for making a tough choice like this mate!

This is something I've thought a lot about in my own life and took years to work out. I used to be a regular smoker, 2-3 grams of weed-hash-oil per day for about 12 years or so, more on the weekend.

After taking a break for about a decade I've come back to smoking, but I only do it about 4-5 weeks per year. So every 2 or so months I give myself 5 days to chill out, destress and smoke as much as I want. Then I go back to not smoking in between.

For me it's the best balance I could find. My tolerance is still fairly high after a day of smoking again, but man that first day of smoking after 2 months off is worth the wait. It's like being a kid again. So fun to get high like that and really have it feel fresh.

It's not for everyone, we each have our own approach to weed in our lives, and we should. But smoking only every few months has turned out to be great for me. I really look forward to it rather than take it for granted that it'll be there each day, and I think I appreciate it more when I do decide to smoke.

Just wanted to chime in and say good for you man. Whatever works best for each of us is cool. Whether it's everyday, or once per year, as long as we enjoy it at our own pace then weed is a great thing to have in our lives.
"Drugs induce paranoia and psychosis in people who have never taken any." Terence McKenna
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer »

I too have stopped smoking.
Now I only smoke when in Amsterdam.
Luckily for me that is 5 or 6 times a year, each time for minimum of 5 days.
The first smoke each visit is so nice!
Lemon Haze

Post by Lemon Haze »

Yeah, that's what I've done. I only smoke when I travel to Ams, Spain or Colorado for work. Stopping smoking at home has really helped, and all the money I've saved allows me to splurge when I go to Ams! :)
"Drugs induce paranoia and psychosis in people who have never taken any." Terence McKenna
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

Yeah ,I'm taking a break too...got a dentist appt this morning...gonna be hard to smoke during the visit so a couple hours ...I hope I'm ok :lol:
rockin into the night
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

/\/\ :lol: :lol:

When I go to the opticians they can never find my pupils :roll: I usually have to go for a walk round the Mall and have a coffee for an hour then go back :D
What a long strange trip it is.
treetop

Post by treetop »

[quote="Lemon Haze"]Just saw this thread, good for you for making a tough choice like this mate!
Last edited by treetop on Tue 11th Oct 2016 02:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

Boundaries and control

wake and bake weekends only
Weekdays..one or two bowls after 9 if needed
: >