vivid dreams from not smoking

About ourselves.

Moderators: chillers2, tuttiflutes, Balou

Fat Dro

vivid dreams from not smoking

Post by Fat Dro »

So I stopped smoking everyday and just smoke every other day or every other couple of days. Now I am having some vivid dreams and most nights dream all night long. What's up with that :? :(

I don't like dreaming like that. Even if they aren't bad dreams, I still dream all night long and feel as though I haven't gotten any rest :( Have any of had any similar experiences?

TwoCanucks

Re: vivid dreams from not smoking

Post by TwoCanucks »

The good thing about dreams is the rem sleep, giving ypur body and more importantly ypur mind a chance to recharge fully. Its healthy.

Im actually a little jealous, Ive had three dreams in last ten years, none of them good.
Amsterdam dreaming.............

Taylor

Post by Taylor »

I'm on about 2 and a half weeks T-Break atm, my dreams are insane. I remember then about an hour after I wake up.

George Hanson

Post by George Hanson »

Yip, dreams can be a bit mad after cutting back or stop smoking weed....

Embrace and enjoy them cos you'll be back to no dreaming when you hit back on the weed.. :mrgreen:

I like a good old vivid dream me..

Before my last trip to the dam in 2011 I had the most fooking vivid dream about a plane crash ever, freaked me reet out did that.... :shock:
Life is short, don't hang around waiting for others...

dude65

Post by dude65 »

Don't worry, you're not dreaming all night long. You're only dreaming during REM phases, and even then dreams usually take only a few seconds. It's pretty amazing stuff.

So why have most tokers forgotten that dreams even exist? Because the herb prevents the REM phases. Which means no dreams but also none of the most useful form of sleep.

I really enjoy the dreams during my toke breaks.

Cerebral

Post by Cerebral »

Standuuuuuurd! :)

Bifton

Post by Bifton »

George Hanson wrote:Embrace and enjoy them cos you'll be back to no dreaming when you hit back on the weed.. :mrgreen:

I like a good old vivid dream me..
Yip I enjoy the freakyness of some of them. The other night I was just falling asleep when I dreamt that something like a bird hit my windscreen. Complete wtf wake up moment, also had a dream where I was teaching the missus how to fly a helicopter. I was talking in my sleep and was cross because she couldn't keep it straight. Definitely her fault that one though, she was relying too heavily on the cyclic and not using the anti-torque pedals enough. Women flyers hey :lol: :mrgreen:

Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

I struggle to sleep at night, and if I haven't smoked the majority of the time it will take me at least 90mins with no TV, pitch black before sleep has a chance to even become a possibility. So I tend to smoke a nice indica joint before bed, which obviously kills my dreaming but on the plus side gets me to sleep alot quicker. I have heard alot about dreams becoming very vivid when not smoking, but haven't yet experienced this. Going back to the UK for about 3 weeks in December so I imagine there will be some jointless nights to come soon.....

Fat Dro

Post by Fat Dro »

good stuff guys thank you.

luvtick

Post by luvtick »

...I dream every night...and smoke all day/every day....huh...I feel lucky...glad too, cuz I personally LUV to dream...

Bifton...luv the helicopter dream...lol...
Stoner chicks RULE

Slip & Sal

Post by Slip & Sal »

Smoke mugwort for crazy dreams and put some under pillow. Safe unless your pregnant.
I don't take drugs, I am Drugs.

bakedlays

Post by bakedlays »

dude65 wrote: So why have most tokers forgotten that dreams even exist? Because the herb prevents the REM phases. Which means no dreams but also none of the most useful form of sleep.
I'm curious about this. I've heard it speculated before. Does anyone know if there are published reports about this? I feel like I've always heard that without REM sleep, we'd physically go insane and eventually die. Not all smokers go insane. Many smokers report enjoying the weed before bed as a sleep aid.

Is it possible smoking produces brain wave function similar to REM - a waking dream state?

When I stop smoking I too get incredibly vivid, yet always horrible, dreams. Really horrible - the dreams when I don't smoke are enough to never want to stop smoking. If I get too rattled from a dream, guess what's a good way to calm the nerves, and stop the nightmares!

That reminds me, one plot device in Nightmare On Elm St pt 3 is a fictional drug called Hypnocil - it supposedly prevents dreams. I'll be waiting for the Elm St sequel where the people who survive Freddy are the town stoners.

treetop

Post by treetop »

The thing about dreams is YMMV

Only get dreams when not smoking anything. When I'm on a break my dreams sometimes wake me up. Seeing that I find it hard to go to sleep in the first place......

night time indica and all is well.
How much did you produce?

RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

While smoking weed your brain MIGHT BE too much busy using the endocannabinoid system .
Now that it doesn't anymore , your third eye is trying to break free from its prison .
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke

templeball

Post by templeball »

bakedlays wrote:
dude65 wrote: So why have most tokers forgotten that dreams even exist? Because the herb prevents the REM phases. Which means no dreams but also none of the most useful form of sleep.

When I stop smoking I too get incredibly vivid, yet always horrible, dreams. Really horrible - the dreams when I don't smoke are enough to never want to stop smoking. If I get too rattled from a dream, guess what's a good way to calm the nerves, and stop the nightmares!

Yep, thats me too, as vivid as you like, and crystal clear recall when I wake, thats not a good thing though because just like you say they are all bad dreams, or nearly all of them, nasty nasty people chasing me, people from my real past, bullies, abusive dads of my real life friends, authority figures imprisoning me, car chases, loads of perverts, it goes on and on, seemingly all night. I can accept that its not actually all night, but christ it feels like it. :evil: :evil:
And I wake every hour or two which doesnt help. Three weeks of no weed now, after more than 3 decades of nightly weed induced sleep comas. What I want to know is when will they cease, or at least becoming less nasty, and will I ever get a normal sleep-through-the-whole-night experience ever again..oh god its draining me. Ive stopped gaming, stopped reading nasty horror and graphic novels at night, try to think of nice things, but the last two nights were the worst yet, i avoided going back to sleep at one point last night in case it carried on. As you so rightly mention, Nighmare on elm st in London.. :cry:
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King

Return to “Personal”