ACD's Fallen Heroes

About ourselves.

Moderators: tuttiflutes, chillers2, Balou

Lemming
Site Admin

ACD's Fallen Heroes

Post by Lemming »

As the ACD approaches its 20th birthday, it seemed like a good time to remember those we've lost over that time.

"slimline" Peter

brian-uk

These two were not high profile; their contribution was behind the scenes rather than as active posters.

Brian was a good friend to me for decades. He was generous and good to everyone. It was him that introduced me to "slimline" Peter.

Peter set up this forum for me and hosted it on his server for many years. We wouldn't be here without him.

cattales1960 (2976 posts June 2006 to October 2012)

Carla was a big star of our 4/20 Gatherings from 2007 to 2011, along with her partner DHBlues. Her massive ACD banner stopped a tram in 2011!

spidergawd (4462 posts May 2008 to October 2017)

A lovely guy with a wonderfully positive attitude to life. Another regular at our 4/20 Gatherings.

BigRigRob (1625 posts August 2007 to April 2015)

Responsible for some of the funniest posts on the forum.

Adamster (2855 posts October 2007 to July 2015)

travelling high (678 posts April 2006 to January 2012)

There are probably more. If you know of any others, have corrections or memories of these good folks, please post here.

ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Re: ACD's Fallen Heroes

Post by ed the head »

Nice Lemming, very classy.
He who tries to shine dims his own light
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Been blessed to meet some of these nice people. All will be missed, but won't be forgotten.

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Back in September of 2011 we got hit with a major flood wiped out my building :shock: I was devastated and depressed :cry: in the process of cleaning up "Big Rig Rob" parked his rig and walked in my shoes for an afternoon :) his company, whit and his sense of humor :D and this forum :mrgreen: helped me through a tough time :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I first met Spidergawd at a T&T set up buy Cisco at the 420 cafe back when I first started with this forum :) we kept in touch ever since meeting at a couple more T&T"s and a 420
Last year (2017) Spidergawd left Amsterdam on the 19th so he could meet Robyn and I at speakers Corner at Hyde Park on 420 at 4:20, now we are a couple of old retired guys who thought that it would be easy to find each other in a park on a work day in the afternoon :D but on that afternoon thousands of people had the same idea we had :lol: we both walked around looking for each other :lol: the next day we did get to meet at the Diana memorial and had a lovely time and tea in the park :D

Thanks for the memories Lemming and for the forum for some of us it's more than just a chat room :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
matty223

Post by matty223 »

Andy from Andys tours , his name here was Oracle, passed away the other day ,,,,,, R.I.P.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

@matty223 - sorry to hear that.
Are you sure about that user name? There was a member called Oracle who disappeared after a day and never posted anything. There was also a DjOracle who made 11 posts in 2011/12.
gapie

Post by gapie »

I think djoracle he was a dj If i m correct also shame condolences
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
Freshprince86

Post by Freshprince86 »

may their souls rest in peace..
- as wars come and go, my soldier stays eternal -
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

RIP to the fallen massive , particularly Spidergawd , gutted to hear of his departure , wish I had known sooner .

RIP mate , always have the memories of our times in Amsterdam/Eindhoven , see you again , hope your blowing giant clouds up there
-
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Lemming wrote: Thu 1st Nov 2018 01:49 pm @matty223 - sorry to hear that.
Are you sure about that user name? There was a member called Oracle who disappeared after a day and never posted anything. There was also a DjOracle who made 11 posts in 2011/12.
The Andy I knew was a UK guy who had the name Oracle on forums , He lived in Amsterdam . Was a trance DJ and married a French Gal .I met them at a house boat party given by TED . on his boat Asoka . Very nice people ,
Wag More - Bark Less
matty223

Post by matty223 »

Hobie wrote: Tue 17th Jan 2023 08:22 pm
Lemming wrote: Thu 1st Nov 2018 01:49 pm @matty223 - sorry to hear that.
The Andy I knew was a UK guy who had the name Oracle on forums , He lived in Amsterdam . Was a trance DJ and married a French Gal .I met them at a house boat party given by TED . on his boat Asoka . Very nice people ,
one in the same
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

The DjOracle here introduced themself as Ross from Kansas, not Andy from UK. Doesn't sound like the same person?