True Detective

Moderators: Balou, cattales1960

Bas

True Detective

Post by Bas »

Quite simply this has sky rocketed into my top 3 all time shows alongside The Wire and Sopranos. Its an anthology so season 2 will have an entirely different story and cast. This season stars Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughy who are simply sublime, especially McConaughy cast as Rust Cole.

Spark a number and delve into a dark, captivating and supremely written short tale. You will not regret it!

One Spliff a day keeps the evil away..
Animal

Re: True Detective

Post by Animal »

Can't get into it
Love both actors just can't sit and watch it :|
treetop

Post by treetop »

Bas wrote:Quite simply this has sky rocketed into my top 3 all time shows alongside The Wire and Sopranos. Its an anthology so season 2 will have an entirely different story and cast. This season stars Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughy who are simply sublime, especially McConaughy cast as Rust Cole.

Spark a number and delve into a dark, captivating and supremely written short tale. You will not regret it!
Agreed.
Last edited by treetop on Tue 11th Oct 2016 09:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
How much did you produce?
Bas

Post by Bas »

Animal how many episodes have you seen? Personally it had me at the opening credits (HBO shows never fail in that regards :D) It's definitely a slow burner, the first few episodes set the scene nicely and it explodes into life thereafter, highly recommend persevering!

Treetop I agree, Rust > Marty. However I though Harrelson in the last two episodes has really upped his game. But for sure, Matthew McConnaughy has delivered a performance of a lifetime here. I swear a few years ago all this dude was good for was chick flicks and low rent action movies? What a turn around! It's all the more impressive due to the short time frame in which to build the character and leave a lasting impression, most contemporary series have several seasons worth of episodes in which to do this.

Kind of makes me almost dread tomorrows finale as we know with certainty this is where the road ends for this story and these characters. And I agree it blows TWD out of the water, that's actually the only other show currently airing that i'm following. It's a good show but doesn't compare. Rick Grimes ftw all the same :mrgreen:
One Spliff a day keeps the evil away..