purchase train ticket

Dutch language.
miguel

purchase train ticket

Post by miguel »

I see that in Holland to buy a train ticket if you buy it at the desk you must pay more.
If you buy it on the automatic machine the only language is Dutch...
can someone explain the process to take a ticket?
Enkelreis???? dag-retour????
a small dictionary of dutch for train :lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks

Boner

Post by Boner »

If you go here - http://webdemo.ns.nl/e2000.html then click the language of choice (English, German, French or Dutch) this shows you how to use the machine.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Valo

Post by Valo »

Nice link Boner - I not seen that demo before. But I thought the machines did have an option for English language...or maybe I can understand Dutch after some heavy smoking!
~ Is that a grinder in your pocket? ~
miguel

Post by miguel »

yes I see this site but in some site I learn that there are two kinds of ticket machine:
1 - the touch screen machine that has some language but You can pay only with credit card or similar
2 - the normal machine that have a little screen (you put the number of the station for ex. ams is 1000, schipol 1017) and this machine is only in dutch and accept only money
Boner

Post by Boner »

miguel wrote:yes I see this site but in some site I learn that there are two kinds of ticket machine:
1 - the touch screen machine that has some language but You can pay only with credit card or similar
2 - the normal machine that have a little screen (you put the number of the station for ex. ams is 1000, schipol 1017) and this machine is only in dutch and accept only money
yeah the 2nd machine is different but the buttons you need to press say the same thing so practise on the one in the link and when you get to the others you should know your way around.

To use the manned ticket office only costs 1 euro extra so if your in too much doubt dont worry about it!
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
claudandus

Post by claudandus »

the dutch railways think that if you ask €0,50 extra to use a person instead of a machine less people would use the counter (they say)

and persononally i use mostl;y the digital machines coz the are more easy to use :wink:
Owner of Karina IRC-Bot and #Coffeeshop@P2P-NET
the happy hacker

Post by the happy hacker »

here goes to ask for a single ticket to say amsterdam say " ik wil graag een enkeltje naar Amsterdam " or for a return " ik wil graag een retourtje naar amsterdam " hope this helps :D
Last edited by the happy hacker on Wed 29th Jul 2009 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boognish............
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

the happy hacker wrote:here goes to ask for a single ticket to say amsterdam say " ik wil graag een enkeltje naar Amsterdam " or for a return " ik wil graag enn retourtje naar amsterdam " hope this helps :D
Or ask in English like myself. As for the machine i only use the ones that have the English option. If your stuck get a friendly looking dutch person to help there are many of these around.
Nice1 :)
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

The machines don't give change, if I remember right.
Ash333

Re: purchase train ticket

Post by Ash333 »

miguel wrote:I see that in Holland to buy a train ticket if you buy it at the desk you must pay more.
If you buy it on the automatic machine the only language is Dutch...
can someone explain the process to take a ticket?
Enkelreis???? dag-retour????
a small dictionary of dutch for train :lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks
Enkelreis - one way
dagretour - day return
weekendretour - weekend return

the machines usually have the option of english though, shown by pressing the Union Jack flag.
No Victim? No Crime.
Puffin13

Post by Puffin13 »

This link may help in trying to understand the ticket machines. They can be confusing. Peace.
Cannabis is The Tree of Life
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Boner wrote:If you go here - http://webdemo.ns.nl/e2000.html then click the language of choice (English, German, French or Dutch) this shows you how to use the machine.
Puffin13 wrote:This link may help in trying to understand the ticket machines. They can be confusing. Peace.
you gotta love these links :D

Just 1 question. Are the prices the machine gives for tickets correct?
Nice1 :D
[/quote]
Puffin13

Post by Puffin13 »

Kermit wrote:Just 1 question. Are the prices the machine gives for tickets correct?
I believe they are. I just did a test trip from Amsterdam CS to Utrecht CS and it was the correct price. Peace.
Cannabis is The Tree of Life
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Puffin13 wrote:
Kermit wrote:Just 1 question. Are the prices the machine gives for tickets correct?
I believe they are. I just did a test trip from Amsterdam CS to Utrecht CS and it was the correct price. Peace.
thats cool
cheer m8
TheGinSoakedGirl

Post by TheGinSoakedGirl »

Boner wrote:If you go here - http://webdemo.ns.nl/e2000.html then click the language of choice (English, German, French or Dutch) this shows you how to use the machine.
Thanks for the links :) pretty easy to work out. Do the real machines automatically default to Rotterdam like the demo or am I having a blonde moment? :oops:
Hasta la Victoria Siempre