Dutch aint easy to learn but easy to forget!

Dutch language.
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Ok now thats theres interest i will post all ive used to help me out,I will post the stuff in my "dutch for learners" thread.

mobstar

ok,but...

Post by mobstar »

on last trip in dam,i was able to hear on many native dutch,englidutchdeutsh i think:).is a mix of word from english dutch and german`s......is correct or i am crazy??:D
Kingdoc

Re: ok,but...

Post by Kingdoc »

mobstar wrote:on last trip in dam,i was able to hear on many native dutch,englidutchdeutsh i think:).is a mix of word from english dutch and german`s......is correct or i am crazy??:D

Yes dutch is "germanic" in its origin,English is kinda a germanic relation as well i read somewhere just the other day,Thats how its a little easier for german/english speaking people to learn dutch than say italian or spanish people 8).
LadyJane

Post by LadyJane »

Dutch seems so difficult.

So I tried to learn a few travel phrases in Dutch for my upcoming trip in December. IMPOSSIBLE.

They say that it is closely related to English, and I can see some similarities, but I cannot make my mouth and tongue move to form the words. Perhaps it's the four + years of studying Japanese, but my mind seems resistant to it.

But I'm trying....
mobstar

Post by mobstar »

ladyjane you are 100% right,its a breaktongue language:)
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

LadyJane wrote:Dutch seems so difficult.

So I tried to learn a few travel phrases in Dutch for my upcoming trip in December. IMPOSSIBLE.

They say that it is closely related to English, and I can see some similarities, but I cannot make my mouth and tongue move to form the words. Perhaps it's the four + years of studying Japanese, but my mind seems resistant to it.

But I'm trying....

Just start on the basics,Ie like hallo (for hello) or a hoi if you know them well,Youtube & the internet in general have tons that can start you off! or if you like buy a phrase book & keep refering to that when you get stuck! you will be writing sentences in no time 8).
paperplanes

Post by paperplanes »

"Madras - South India - for the hot curry and the diverse cultural change form the north"

lol got that right :-D living here right noww
Dam 4 NYE
Dec 28th-Jan 4th
Get@Me