BARCELONA any hotel recommendations ? ETC...

chillers2

BARCELONA any hotel recommendations ? ETC...

Post by chillers2 »

me and other half are thinking of going to barcelona in next few weeks (got rid of kids yeah !!)
any info very welcome from our fellow stoners,
would like hotel on or very near beach, and best places for shopping would be great :wink: :wink:
anyone else over there in next few weeks ??

just chilling .....
doolish

Re: BARCELONA any hotel recommendations ? ETC...

Post by doolish »

I stayed in Pension Ciudadella (or something like that) directly opposite Estacio de Franca. Excellent hotel, close to the metro and within 10 min walk of Barceloneta beach. I wouldn't recommend it though because it's slap bang on a 6 lane road. I don't consider myself a light sleeper but the traffic is 24/7 and LOUD. I'd suggest you study google maps carefully when choosing a hotel!

On the subject if beaches, I only visited Barceloneta and apparently it's the worst beach, although it's not a bad beach by any means. Apparently the better beaches are a little further out of town.

Be sure to check out the Gothic Quarter. We found it by accident on the first night after a few drinks and smokes. Beautiful.
Randomly generated by infinite number of monkeys.
hasj

Post by hasj »

I have stayed here twice. It is clean, quiet and so central. Maybe not on the beach but it is slap bang in town and easy to get to via the airport bus.
# on #! on #
dpgsoulja89

Post by dpgsoulja89 »

yeah was planning on going soon..but it ust isnt Amsterdam
you could stay anywhere in las ramblas,thats where the the action is
oh and just incase anybody didnt know..Barcelona is the best city in europe for skateboarding 8)
next trip...1st December!
chillers2

Post by chillers2 »

ok, forget barcelona

the price is ridiculous, we could get a week with the family for the same price as weekend for the 2 of us, just cant do it

i called voyagers this morning, see if they have a room free, so might just end up in dam.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

having a look about now see if i can get anything

thanks for the info guys, we will do barcelona one day, :| , still may do it next week if prices come down !
just chilling .....
winnie

Post by winnie »

sounds like a good decision :D
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

I spent a couple days in Barcelona in Sept. 2009...would love to go again...a great city for so many reasons...If not for the coffeeshops, I'd prefer Barcelona over Amsterdam...
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?
vinyl

Post by vinyl »

Hi!! I live in the immediate vicinity. Bcn is a nice city, but in summer I recommend Valencia. Very nice city, cleaner, more holidays, better food and less traffic / co2 and great beaches ...
greetins!
Sky

Post by Sky »

Have you considered Portugal?
Very tourist friendly and cheap compared to Spain.
HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe

Post by HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe »

vinyl wrote:Hi!! I live in the immediate vicinity. Bcn is a nice city, but in summer I recommend Valencia. Very nice city, cleaner, more holidays, better food and less traffic / co2 and great beaches ...
greetins!
Are you near Salou? My absolute favourite Spanish resort, I will be there for a fortnight next year.
chillers2

Post by chillers2 »

sky, whats it like getting smoke in portugal for future reference?

hasanyoneseenmypipe....i love salou too !!!!!

when and where u going exactly as may be there 2 weeks next summer too ! ( T&T )?

did i go away.......YES.........was it DAM or BARCELONA in the end ...................BLOODY NEITHER ended up in WATCHET !!!!! lol

i'll carry on dreaming !
just chilling .....
vinyl

Post by vinyl »

HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe wrote:
vinyl wrote:Hi!! I live in the immediate vicinity. Bcn is a nice city, but in summer I recommend Valencia. Very nice city, cleaner, more holidays, better food and less traffic / co2 and great beaches ...
greetins!
Are you near Salou? My absolute favourite Spanish resort, I will be there for a fortnight next year.
Hello!! I do not live nearby, but I have a modest summer cottage on the beach of Eucalyptus, near Salou. If you come tell me, my wife and I go to pick up and invite you to a good Moroccan hash :wink:
Greetings!
Dave near London

Post by Dave near London »

Cannot personally vouch for Lisbon , but my son says it is stupidly easy to score decent hash right in the centre - a block the size of a chocolate bar !