Non-Corona Restrictions

RoMoney

Non-Corona Restrictions

Post by RoMoney »

You couldn't make it up! :?

Barcelona to ban smoking on four of its beaches
Pilot scheme will operate from end of May to mid-September as part of city’s ongoing clean air drive

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... ts-beaches

Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Comus

Re: Non-Corona Restrictions

Post by Comus »

i remember a time when it was too toxic all along the rondo litoral strip to even think barcelona had beaches. el poblenou was just industry and filth and grime. then the olympics came to town.
I'm in shocks and stares
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Comus wrote: Mon 1st Mar 2021 10:19 pm i remember a time when it was too toxic all along the rondo litoral strip to even think barcelona had beaches. el poblenou was just industry and filth and grime. then the olympics came to town.
I work in Poblenou, it's gentrified now, office blocks and pricey coffee places. There's a lot of cool stuff from the Olympics around the city, random parks and stuff. I still think the water must be manky enough anywhere around Barcelona because of the port, but I've been in plenty of times. Looking forward to getting back in again soon!
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Comus

Post by Comus »

it's definately improved since 1985 Ro. it was all petrochemical industry and stuff. i seem to remember them importing sand from sahara because there was none. the olympics brought investment and along with that came the 'nueva libertad'. we used to gig there fairly often when i was playing in various welsh language bands, sort of music exchange programme betwixt cymru and catalunya.
I'm in shocks and stares