Jack Herer's Health takes a turn for the worse...

Legal recreational and medical dispensaries.
Dobern

Jack Herer's Health takes a turn for the worse...

Post by Dobern »

http://www.celebstoner.com/200909132937 ... ttack.html

Hope the old guy can pull through...

Haven't got any of his atm, so just gonna spark a generic doob as a random vigil...

Puffin13

Post by Puffin13 »

I read this news on another site, just minutes ago. I am so sad. :( I know we all will "buy the farm" at some point but it's still deeply disturbing when you are about to lose someone who has had such a huge influence on your life. I just want to say here and now...Thank you so much for your life and for the lessons you have taught me, Jack! Your life has truly been an inspiration to me and millions of other people. I have nothing but maximum respect for you. I will meet you in the middle of the huge hemp plantation in the sky. :D Peace and the healing power of cannabis be with you, Mr Herer.
Cannabis is The Tree of Life
Twichaldinho

Post by Twichaldinho »

Yeah, read this on I.C Mag. Sad news.
I wish him all the best.
Endure
salbahe

Jack Herer

Post by salbahe »

i just saw the news. the emperor passed away.
here's to you jack...may you overgrow heaven and rain seeds down upon us...you will be missed
Balou

Re: Jack Herer

Post by Balou »

salbahe wrote:i just saw the news. the emperor passed away.
here's to you jack...may you overgrow heaven and rain seeds down upon us...you will be missed
He's not dead, in critical but stable condition.

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/sept ... -19-09.php

Peace,
Balou
Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
Puffin13

Re: Jack Herer

Post by Puffin13 »

salbahe wrote:i just saw the news. the emperor passed away.
Portland Media Group Releases False Report About Jack Herer's Death
Sep-19-2009
Tim King Salem-News.com

(PORTLAND, Ore.) - Friends of Jack Herer's are peeved over an alleged journalist with the Portland Examiner.com, who released an article Friday stating that the hemp icon had died. In reality, Jack continues fighting for his life in a Portland Hospital following a heart attack Saturday; the information was blatantly false.

I sure don't see this type of mistake very often, and I am not sure if there are actual reporters at this publication, or if it is a "citizen journalist" site where nobody is actually required to check facts. A simple call to the hospital perhaps?

We aren't sure who this "article" was written by, and we don't know for sure if it is just a vindictive reporter without the first clue, but that doesn't soften the blow the published false report had on the family and millions of fans of Jack Herer.

The idea of what happened is probably based in the fact that there are still plenty of people in the world who refuse to believe the science backing marijuana. It is called by some the best single medical treatment on earth, and it has never caused a single death.

There is no easy explanation for why their lowly skilled employee(s) jumped straight to the 'lie' button.

Lies and false propaganda are the last thing the anti-marijuana crusaders have left in their toolbox. They're like the Nazi's who continued to persecute Jews after the fall of the Third Reich. People become so accustomed to the falsehoods they live by, that they forget just what is what.

The people listed at this online publication need to do some housecleaning, because we will not forget any time soon what they did.

We know that people in the Portland area are calling for the firing of whoever submitted the non-researched article.

Here is a small quote from their article which has now been removed from its online slot, "Jack is dead; he and Jerry can say hello again ... Ken Kesey too ... three criminals, three lives wasted. Of course there's an endless list ..."

This was published as a legitimate news article. I don't see it as an editorial, though it is 1000% opinion driven in the first line.

I've written Oregon news nearly every day for the past five years, but I am not familiar with the Examiner. They list several hundred people as "examiners" and I get the idea that anyone can write for this group without any background. It is sad.

There is a place for "citizen journalists" but people who write actual articles about life and death and real news developments, should be skilled and trained before they are turned loose. This does nothing to build credibility for Internet reporters.

Source
Cannabis is The Tree of Life
sh@dy

Post by sh@dy »

lets hope he gets better....who cares what some dumpass says about Jack....the people he fought for, will always know what he did, whether he is a criminal for others or not!
salbahe

jack's alive

Post by salbahe »

that's great news for a change...
let's send him some love and prayers