Amsterdam Vs. Denver: All Weed Aside, Which City Is Better?

Legal recreational and medical dispensaries.

Your choice, Amsterdam or Denver?

Amsterdam
81%
Denver
19%

Total votes: 32

schererbuzz

Re: Amsterdam Vs. Denver: All Weed Aside, Which City Is Bett

Post by schererbuzz »

Willjay wrote:Amsterdam is at sea level, and Denver is a mile above sea level, will that effect your high :?: :mrgreen:
Not sure if you are joking, but it actually did effect me when I was on the mountain skiing. Seems like I didn't get as big of a buzz when I was about 10,000 above sea level. Maybe it was just in my head, but I do remember not being that high. I just looked it up and Denver is 5,280 feet (1,609.3 m) above sea level and I was probably skiing between 7,000 ft and 10,000 ft. The beer was a good buzz, though.

TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Forget it
Last edited by TwoCanucks on Sun 12th Jan 2014 05:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Amsterdam dreaming.............
dconstrukt

Post by dconstrukt »

i might have a slightly slanted view cuz i've been to AMS so many times..... like too many.... lol

i just think there's more going on in denver than AMS.

plus I think the smoke there MIGHT be better.... plus there's edibles, tinctures, ecig stuff. etc.

once you're in AMS, then in the coffeeshop, and leave.... then what?

what do you do all damn day?

i've done the museums.... the tourist stuff..... so i just go and smoke up all day long.

but man... after a few days of nonstop smoking in the coffeeshops, it gets boring.

at least in denver, there's outdoorsy stuff to do in the summer.... skiing type stuff in the winter.

also, things are AT LEAST 20-30% more in AMS (europe as a whole), plus you get less for your money (drink sizes, food portions).

plus rooms....
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

schererbuzz wrote:
Willjay wrote:Amsterdam is at sea level, and Denver is a mile above sea level, will that effect your high :?: :mrgreen:
Not sure if you are joking, but it actually did effect me when I was on the mountain skiing. Seems like I didn't get as big of a buzz when I was about 10,000 above sea level. Maybe it was just in my head, but I do remember not being that high. I just looked it up and Denver is 5,280 feet (1,609.3 m) above sea level and I was probably skiing between 7,000 ft and 10,000 ft. The beer was a good buzz, though.

Just trying to get back on topic of comparing city's
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

Which city is better, eh? OK, I'll take the bait. Since the criteria is "all weed aside" I'm supposed to compare the cities based on their non-weed merits. Denver is a city you visit to get to the mountains and for me it's where I go to buy shit like furniture. Denver has an art museum and fairly good public transport, no where near as good as Amsterdam. Redrocks is a great place to see a concert, but unless I was really into a particular band, I probably wouldn't visit just for that. So weed aside, Amsterdam wins. Actually, even with weed, I'm still going with Amsterdam. Now, if you want to throw in the state of Colorado, it's a great place to visit for hiking, snowboarding/skiiing, mountain biking, etc. So pickup your expensive weed ($60/eighth for recreational) and get out of that over sized cow town. :D
http://mokum2006.tumblr.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://mokum2008.tumblr.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

60 a eighth?.....I can't stop laughing ...I looked it up..it's true....the price of freedom is steep...it better mow the lawn too for 60...lol...enjoy kids...still going to adam
rockin into the night
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

USBONGLORD wrote:60 a eighth?.....I can't stop laughing ...I looked it up..it's true....the price of freedom is steep...it better mow the lawn too for 60...lol...enjoy kids...still going to adam
Crazy. People will pay it. At the rec shop next door it's $60 for Colorado residents and $69 for those out of state. I know some people will be sticking with their med cards, since the prices will be much cheaper, even with the price to register.

Edit. Here's a piece on the local shop I've mentioned. http://www.aspendailynews.com/section/home/160885
Last edited by geoffk on Wed 22nd Jan 2014 06:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Von Goat Weed

Post by Von Goat Weed »

60$ 1/8 :shock: but that ain't better then buy 3 gram at 15euro at let's say voyagers! = .5 gram less for about same price in gringos $$ ;) better city I give that to Amsterdam for many reasons . Example you can walk centre of city whit in 1/2 hours or less can you do that in Denver.
RLD any of that in Denver? Can one partake in smoking in shop in Denver and sit down relax ??
Is Denver bike friendly whit 1000kms of bike path in city? Plus any other stuff!! Denver is cool but Amsterdam is x1000 time cooler !! Cheap beer also!!
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

Von Goat Weed wrote:60$ 1/8 :shock: but that ain't better then buy 3 gram at 15euro at let's say voyagers! = .5 gram less for about same price in gringos $$ ;) better city I give that to Amsterdam for many reasons . Example you can walk centre of city whit in 1/2 hours or less can you do that in Denver.
RLD any of that in Denver? Can one partake in smoking in shop in Denver and sit down relax ??
Is Denver bike friendly whit 1000kms of bike path in city? Plus any other stuff!! Denver is cool but Amsterdam is x1000 time cooler !! Cheap beer also!!
A gringo is anybody who is white, not just white Americans. Just sayin'.

Denver does have some nice bike paths, but nothing as comprehensive as Amsterdam. There are light rails and buses, but again, not as good as Amsterdam or other big American cities for that matter.

I've been looking into what it takes to do some tours in the mountains combined with pot friendly accommodations. I've looked into investors as well. Fingers crossed...
dconstrukt

Post by dconstrukt »

do you guys know how to add?

you guys are complete morons complaining about the prices.

3.5 grams in the dam of the same quality stuff will run you $15 euros a gram.

52.5 euros, or $65. USD (at $1.25 exchange rate)

SAME DAMN PRICE YOU IDIOTS.
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

dconstrukt wrote:do you guys know how to add?

lol
stoners……
geez
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

dconstrukt wrote:do you guys know how to add?

thanks for doing the math :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

Fellow idiots,

When doing the math, remember to factor in the cost of finding a place to smoke. In Amsterdam, for the price of a drink, you will be able to enjoy your smoke in a coffeeshop. In Denver, there are a few places to smoke (good luck to the unprepared tourist), but in order to smoke in public legally, you will need to find a party (entrance fee?) or join a club ($30+/-).
gromit

Post by gromit »

i smoke all day in the states ,...lol,...i dont need to go a few hundred miles to get raped ,...ill holiday in the Dam,....
Fat Dro

Post by Fat Dro »

I think only people who have lived and/or visited both cities (Denver after legalization) should have the right to post on this thread IMO.