Where did all the hash go? (UK)

Tall Guy

Where did all the hash go? (UK)

Post by Tall Guy »

When I first started smoking in the early 90's, we used to get great hash from all over the world all the time. Now it's just awful soap bar which isn't really hash at all. I've often wondered why this is, because just as many people smoke, and even 15 years ago plenty of people grew weed here.

Well, there's a great article in Soft Secrets which explains the reasons why this has happened, if anyone else is interested, go to http://www.softsecrets.nl/ Click Past Issues and download Issue 1/2006, and it starts on page 43.

JW

Post by JW »

Very true, its not very often we get decent hash these days.

The best hash I ever had in the UK was really soft, oily and light coloured. It would continue to burn after a second under the lighter, and got you properly wasted!
Boner

Post by Boner »

A friend of mine showed me some lovely black the other day he was happy with it (effects wise) but he wasn't happy at paying £30 for a Q I said he was mad and £30 for a Q was a good price for something that would probaly cost something like €10 - 12 a gram in the Dam.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Rez

Post by Rez »

i've recently had some skunk hash made as a by-product of the skunk weed i buy... absolutely awesomely strong... actuall had too much as a bowl/pipe topping... :| quite pricey too, i asked for a £5 lump in with my last Q... it was just enough to top 3 bowls/pipes... i shall enquire about larger lumps... very light, sandy colour, crumbles into a fine misty/sticky/pasty kinda substance... no heating required and i glows nice and evenly and thoroughly once ignited... does the job.... and only gets bought once a month or so as a special treat :lol:
"I laughed so hard I nearly had a whitey"

Carla 4/21/2009
mashedinmarylande15

Post by mashedinmarylande15 »

lucky you been a green smoker for too long would love some nice hash

but london seems dry as a bone both for skunk and hash at the moment
chigusa

Post by chigusa »

mashedinmarylande15 wrote:lucky you been a green smoker for too long would love some nice hash

its not just london. big organised drought until xmas, afterwhich the dope will return at inflated prices.
also, watch out for the new style soapbar. saw a sample of this recently. there is some sort of new process which results in a lighter looking, softer feeling bar which i keep hearing people call pollen hash.

dump the dealer and grow your own, they cant put us all in jail.
Tall Guy

Post by Tall Guy »

chigusa wrote:
mashedinmarylande15 wrote:lucky you been a green smoker for too long would love some nice hash

its not just london. big organised drought until xmas, afterwhich the dope will return at inflated prices.
also, watch out for the new style soapbar. saw a sample of this recently. there is some sort of new process which results in a lighter looking, softer feeling bar which i keep hearing people call pollen hash.
what a load of bollocks:

A) What? all the dealers make no money for 3 months???

B) Which union is organising this?

C) That's not what I'm referring to anyway: I'm talking about the disappearance of old favourites like Red Leb and Gold Seal.

dump the dealer and grow your own, they cant put us all in jail.
Agree 100%, if I had somewhere to do it, I would. BTW Pollen or Polm has been around forever.
chigusa

Post by chigusa »

a. yep, just wait and see

b. no idea

c. the old faves are still around at daft prices, part of the problem. it's all about money

i know what pollen or polm is. my point is that the new style soapbar looks and feels more like the real thing. but it is still soap.

you can deride this post all you like, but this is my view of the current trend with english dope. unless you grow or know a grower it is going to get harder and harder to get quality green or hash at decent prices, this because the importers are sitting on large amounts of both with a view to raising the price within their distribution networks, a price increase which will be passed onto the end consumer, us. i predict a general price increase by christmas.

i hope that i am wrong. this my be a local thing which only i and every other smoker i know are coming up against. i wonder if other brit smokers might care to comment on ease of scoring compared to say a month ago?
dont need details, just harder or not.
chigusa

Post by chigusa »

also tallguy, my post wasn't in reply to your opening post, i was passing on what i consider to be information relevent to mashedinmarylande's comment on the lack of dope in london. i wasn't trying to tell you where you old favourites have gone.
Tall Guy

Post by Tall Guy »

OK sorry, my mistake, that post sounded unintentionally rude...there is a drought for sure, but I don't understand how that can happen - surely there must be loads of different suppliers around the country? There's no Mr Big who ships weed and hash from all over the world is there? It must be too early for the Xmas situation you mentioned in early September (ie the pre-xmas price ramp). Does anyone know what's going on?
mazdog

Post by mazdog »

Red Leb and Gold Seal
i have to think the US's "war on Drugs" has to have something to do with. And in particular the stuff that has been going on in the middle east the last several years has to be having an impact at the source.

Morocco has also be put under steadily increasing pressure over the past couple decades.
'enjoy the pain while it lasts' - Dj TRON
Mr&miss

Re: Where did all the hash go? (UK)

Post by Mr&miss »

Started smoking hash aka brown in my area in northern Ireland had it for about 8years moved to London for a year got brown moved home and brown didn't excest anymore lol only green 5years later I've found someone with brown, not the best stuff £50 for 10g not even sure if that's cheap anymore lol but saves a lot of money compared to 1.5g for £25 for green