New UK Party wants Cannabis an Election Issue

jiffa

Re: New UK Party wants Cannabis an Election Issue

Post by jiffa »

This needed a bump with us here in the UK being 2 weeks away from that time again if you can give this party a go worst case it forces some sort of rethink on stupid out dated prohibition laws :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

http://cista.org/

Jail for growing a plant laughed the gypsy!
MichaelKWilson

Post by MichaelKWilson »

I see an immediate issue with relying on cannabis smokers to organise, campaign and vote. Now - drunks, drunks are great at politics. Naturally inclined to gregarity, credulity and heightened emotion.
CloudMaster

Post by CloudMaster »

Been keeping an eye on the development of CISTA.

Interesting selection of candidates, take a look at Jamie Barnes who was the candidate for the Thurrock constituency here http://cista.org/candidates/23#

Now if you search for Jamie Barnes online you get some surprising information about the individual, including this......

Had a review of their attempt at putting together a manifesto, along with candidate vetting. Sorry but CISTA are not going to get anywhere in the world of UK politics based on what they have to offer. To be honest if anything they do more harm than good. That's just my opinion though.

Cheers Cloudy
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

CloudMaster wrote:
Had a review of their attempt at putting together a manifesto, along with candidate vetting. Sorry but CISTA are not going to get anywhere in the world of UK politics based on what they have to offer. To be honest if anything they do more harm than good. That's just my opinion though.

Cheers Cloudy
There's certainly a mixed bag of capabilities amongst them - and I fear you may be right.
I've come across this Jamie Barnes character before - he's clearly a lovely man and his heart is in the right place but this freeman on the land stuff he's interested in (while a fantastic notion) is ultimately a mis-guided waste of time. I hope he's not waffling on about that stuff as part of the CISTA campaign. We'll never be taken seriously.

I think the Cannabis legalisation lobby in this country is too fractious at the moment - there's lot's of infighting which is really disheartening. I've got a lot of time for both Norml and Clear, but I do wish the sniping and back-stabbing would stop. It's evident in the comments section of any story on Cannabis in the mainstream media.
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 06:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rossi

Post by Rossi »

its gonna be interesting to see what happens in ireland for next years elections as luke ming was a TD for cannabis legalization but since he got elected to europe last year there isnt another candidate as stong as he was
trips to the dam:1
Next trip: I'm flying high in the dam
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

OneHighMofo wrote:Credit to Jamie Barnes though: he's standing up for what he believes in, is using his real name, and is also on probation for large-scale growing.

Not many other stoners have done that much for the cannabis community, so he should be acknowledged for that.
Fair play - and totally agreed. Good to know about the FOTL stuff too.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Rossi wrote:its gonna be interesting to see what happens in ireland for next years elections as luke ming was a TD for cannabis legalization but since he got elected to europe last year there isnt another candidate as stong as he was
Yep - will deffo be keeping an eye on that one. I currently have loose plans to live in Ireland. That would be the icing on the cake :)
Rossi

Post by Rossi »

OneHighMofo wrote:
Yep - will deffo be keeping an eye on that one. I currently have loose plans to live in Ireland. That would be the icing on the cake :)
i wouldnt be too confident about Ireland changing its laws, as much as id love for it to happen. phama companies is big business in Ireland and i presume they donate money to the political parties
trips to the dam:1
Next trip: I'm flying high in the dam
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

I'd guess you're entirely right - I'm certainly not holding my breath :)