Smoking in Public: Cannabis Protest

avfc-herbalist

Smoking in Public: Cannabis Protest

Post by avfc-herbalist »

A UK Rapper called Black the Ripper has taken to the streets to actively protest against the Cannabis laws in the United Kingdom.

(He can be a bit of a twat to people who aren't impressed by his antics but I still admire his balls.)

Walking around London with Cannabis plants

The London Eye 420 hotbox

Polling station spliff

Would love to know what you guys think about this?

sit back, blaze ganja and chill
CopenhagenCouple

Re: Smoking in Public: Cannabis Protest

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

This dude and his antics have been discussed a bit in the forum in various threads. Pretty sure the consensus is that he is mostly a wanker and not a good spokesperson for "the cause".

Yes yes, he is obviously trying to show that he has big balls and all (some might call it stupidity, personally don't care), but other than drawing some attention to himself, is he helping anything?

I think it was OHMF who posed the question: is this really a guy you want as a poster boy for legalization?

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Sun 11th Jun 2017 06:28 pm This dude and his antics have been discussed a bit in the forum in various threads. Pretty sure the consensus is that he is mostly a wanker and not a good spokesperson for "the cause".

Yes yes, he is obviously trying to show that he has big balls and all (some might call it stupidity, personally don't care), but other than drawing some attention to himself, is he helping anything?

I think it was OHMF who posed the question: is this really a guy you want as a poster boy for legalization?

CC
Might have been my post you're referring to CC but yeah OHMF and NUGS responded...the guy is brash and whilst publicity is publicity..being irresponsible and lighting up in Burger Kings etc or goading the police with pop up merchandise shops with everyone blazing isn't really helping anyone.(my 10 pence worth anyway)
avfc-herbalist

Post by avfc-herbalist »

So sorry sNc, I've only just seen that post, sorry mate! :oops:

At first when I saw the videos I thought it was pretty good, made me giggle and shocked me a little. Shock value was probably what made me think they were good videos to be honest.

After thinking about it and reading sNc's post with comments from OHMF and DLN16 and CC's comment on my post has made me rethink this entirely. I like the thought behind it but all he is doing is trying to publicise himself and the Dank of England brand.

Thanks guys!
sit back, blaze ganja and chill
mikelondon

Post by mikelondon »

I think the walking down the street and standing outside the pub with the plants is genius. It's a peaceful protest. When he's in the shops it's the reverse and like watching a schoolboy that's just discovered weed for the first time.

Does it help 'the cause'? Well, nothing so far has helped the cause because you can't control people with outdated opinions and the power to enforce them. How can 'behaving' make a change to something that's corrupt? The laws in respect to cannabis are most definitely corrupt. A guy lighting up in burger king or tesco isn't going to slow the legal issue down if you ask me. The government either decides to stop treating us like idiots or they continue to do so and millions of people 'behaving' or 'misbehaving' won't change that anytime soon.

Money talks, freedom walks...

One thing i wondered is how many people he has behind that camera because he's acting like the hardest man alive. All 140 pounds of him :lol:
Insert something profound here...Errr, life's like my dealer. Never know what you're gonna get!
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

sNc wrote: Sun 11th Jun 2017 09:06 pm Might have been my post you're referring to CC but yeah OHMF and NUGS responded...the guy is brash and whilst publicity is publicity..being irresponsible and lighting up in Burger Kings etc or goading the police with pop up merchandise shops with everyone blazing isn't really helping anyone.(my 10 pence worth anyway)
Yeah dude, I think you are right, sorry about that. I think OHMF, Ricky, Nugs and the two of us also discussed the topic during the 420 week and that was what I was remembering.
mikelondon wrote: Tue 13th Jun 2017 02:47 pm I think the walking down the street and standing outside the pub with the plants is genius. It's a peaceful protest.
Seen in isolation, you are completely right, that is a peaceful, quite entertaining and somewhat clever protest.
However.

You cannot easily separate those few events from the otherwise quite foolish behavior he portrays, at least not as a casual observer / in the eye of the “broader public”.
mikelondon wrote: Tue 13th Jun 2017 02:47 pm The laws in respect to cannabis are most definitely corrupt. A guy lighting up in burger king or tesco isn't going to slow the legal issue down if you ask me. The government either decides to stop treating us like idiots or they continue to do so and millions of people 'behaving' or 'misbehaving' won't change that anytime soon.
I agree that “the system” is corrupt, both metaphorically and literally, and directly as well as indirectly.

I don’t think, though, that it is totally out of the realm of possibilities that legislation can be influenced in a positive direction. That should be evident from the recent developments in the US, Spain and other parts of the world. I personally don’t think that it matters much in this context if the driving force behind this change was commercial or public interest (or a mix of both).

A more important factor, at least IMO, is that in many of the cases where legislation has become more relaxed, the question of whether things should change was put to a public vote. If that is the case (which I certainly hope it will soon be) in for instance the UK, public opinion will be one of the key factors.

I am not an expert on public opinion wrt to the cannabis culture in the UK, but here in Denmark it is still rife with stereotypical nonsense and misinformation. IMO characters such as this bloke do not help this situation one bit.

Even if the system is entirely corrupt and governed only by commercial interests, it would most likely mean that these commercial interests will be looking at the market opportunities and weighing them against the possible negative consequences of an association with a culture that is represented by goofs such as this one. The public perception of this culture and by extension those associated with it is certainly an influence on such things as brand value and a company’s image, should it choose to become involved in the cannabis industry. Therefore, if the overall goal is a move towards legalization and we (for the sake of a shorter argument) accept that the way to that is in some form affected by public opinion, I think it is reasonable to argue that his actions are detrimental to "the cause”.

Based on these arguments, I will refer to my previous statements on the dude: I think he is a wanker, and not helping things… ;)

That’s how I see it anyways, others may disagree and I encourage them to speak up if that is the case. I think that sharing our different perspectives in these matters helps us gain a more nuanced understanding that will ultimately benefit us in furthering “the cause”.

Thanks for your input and opinions guys and galls, they are much appreciated! :D

(Mr.) CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol: