First Ever CBD Shop Opens in U.K.

notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie » Thu 10th Aug 2017 01:20 pm

By Jon Hiltz
August 8th, 2017

A war is being waged in the United Kingdom over cannabis reform. Activists are trying to bring the federal government out of its reefer madness-esque coma in order to join other nations that have enacted new science-based regulations towards marijuana.

But while the two sides go toe-to-toe in a seemingly endless dance of legality, business finds a way to steamroll forward.

The first ever CBD shop in the United Kingdom has opened in East Lancashire. The brick and mortar store, called CBDrus, has been doing business over the internet for 18 months and will now be selling cannabidiol as a food supplement at its retail location.

CBD is legal in the U.K. and all over Europe as it is not psychoactive, but does provide many health benefits.

The owner of the shop is Scott Hardacre, who said that people tend to think the worst when they hear the word cannabis, but urged the naysayers to look online at the available research regarding its benefits.

Hardacre added that he believes this is the country’s first retail shop dedicated to CBD.

“I know the wide range of benefits of CBD that can help people globally. I would not say it is addictive,” said Hardacre. “It’s something natural and it helps people. I think it is crazy the way the government is looking at it.”

A local spokesperson for retail regulations said that a shop like this would not need to be licensed, so there is a clear path for CBDrus to open.

Some of the many CBD products available are capsules, candies, CBD e-liquid for vaping, dabs, oils, sprays, topicals and tinctures.

Prime Minister Theresa May has been vehemently opposed to any marijuana reform, but activists are raising the volume in a deafening call to end prohibition. A bill is expected to be introduced in October by Member of Parliament Paul Flynn to legalize medical cannabis for the country.

marijuana.com

stonerdav

Re: First Ever CBD Shop Opens in U.K.

Post by stonerdav » Mon 25th Dec 2017 10:50 pm

There has been a place in Glasgow selling cbd for lasy couple years now i think.
Its not a shop but is an old police box in the middle of the street that you can have dabs of cbd at lol
Cbdtardis i think it is called. But the more the merrier i say.

Brave13

Post by Brave13 » Wed 3rd Jan 2018 11:09 pm

Also a few in northern Ireland

Kermit

Post by Kermit » Thu 4th Jan 2018 10:37 pm

A few shops around here that sell gym supplements normally have the spray available, £40 a pop is a bit steep imo.

esbooboo

Post by esbooboo » Mon 2nd Apr 2018 03:55 pm

Quite a few in London are selling CBD - even Holland & Barret ! I think it's crazy how opinions are changing... will CBD be a gateway into acceptance of cannabis in general?

Any one tried it themselves?

Annabelle

Post by Annabelle » Mon 16th Apr 2018 10:02 pm

Yeah I've tried a few CBD Vape Oils. I'm actually a sufferer of anxiety and doctors pretty much just palm me off with valium and diazepam.

I think for sure CBD does work. As soon as I've vaped I feel instantly relaxed and able to settle down and go to sleep. I've tried a few now, but in particular I enjoyed Elevate's CBD Vape Oil.

What i would definitely recommend is to try a few, and see what strengths and flavours you like best. Also consider you may not want to vape and may prefer a tincture or oil that you rub into the skin.

So many options :-) Just don't expect to get high

esbooboo

Post by esbooboo » Mon 16th Apr 2018 10:03 pm

Annabelle wrote:
Mon 16th Apr 2018 10:02 pm
Yeah I've tried a few CBD Vape Oils. I'm actually a sufferer of anxiety and doctors pretty much just palm me off with valium and diazepam.

I think for sure CBD does work. As soon as I've vaped I feel instantly relaxed and able to settle down and go to sleep. I've tried a few now, but in particular I enjoyed Elevate's CBD Vape Oil.

What i would definitely recommend is to try a few, and see what strengths and flavours you like best. Also consider you may not want to vape and may prefer a tincture or oil that you rub into the skin.

So many options :-) Just don't expect to get high
Thanks - i actually went with CBD Gummy bears in the end.... I have a sweet tooth hahahahha

Return to “UK”