Australian Weed Research

Slip & Sal

Australian Weed Research

Post by Slip & Sal »

http://www.mullawaysmedicalcannabis.com.au/

From what i have read they really are trying to make a tincture without THC first??? what is thca?

I will google that now.

I don't take drugs, I am Drugs.
Roobarb

Re: Australian Weed Research

Post by Roobarb »

Taken from that link

Cleverman
containing 9% Resin
composed of 91% Cannabinoids
& 9% Total THC (95% THCA & 5% THC)
The Resin recovered from the CLEVERMAN variety is recovered as THCA, Non-Psychotropic. This can then be used to produce a Tincture with the required properties to restore health and enough Psychotropic Response to assist with the relief of chronic pain.
Slip & Sal

Post by Slip & Sal »

actually thca is delta-9 tetrahydrocannabolic acid. its thc with an extra carboxillic acid group (COOH). This compound is what the plant produces (mostly although regular thc is also produced) this is why you cure weed before you smoke it. this gives the thca a chance to decarboxlyize (drop COOH group). However, this process rapidly occurs at 106 C (if my memory serves me)
this is a quote from bubblicious on rollitup.
Slip & Sal

Post by Slip & Sal »

A Super breed of medicinal cannabis developed by Mullaways Medical Cannabis in Australia, called the Cleverman is currently before IP Australia who administer Plant Breeders Rights.

MMC an Australian Medical Cannabis Company has developed a breed of cannabis-based products aimed at treating a range of conditions including diabetes, terminal illnesses and Crohns disease.

MMC has, over a period of thirty years, developed a cannabis-derived medicine for the symptoms of multiple sclerosis. MMC has cross-bred different types of the plant to produce a new strain that could treat a wide range of disorders.

This variety contains enhanced levels of therapeutic compounds, including an appetite suppressant cannabinoid called THCV, which the company hopes will be used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes, obesity and other metabolic disorders.

MMC varieties of Cannabis do not produce CBD. Research shows that the body converts THCV, A to CBD when needed.

Research Leader and Director Anthony David Bower said, We have demonstrated that there are something like 60 cannabinoids in the cannabis plant, and to date we have looked in detail only at 12 to 15. You could say we have only scratched the surface so far. Australia currently imports all the THC products or Cannabis for research, this needs to change.

Human trials are already underway to treat inflammatory diseases and the terminally ill.
another interesting quote i found.
Slip & Sal

Post by Slip & Sal »

Slip & Sal

Post by Slip & Sal »

http://www.hempembassy.net/forums/after ... umpost3654
MBS hey

Mind Body and Stoned Ha ha ha.