Nimbin Raided Big Time.

Slip & Sal

Nimbin Raided Big Time.

Post by Slip & Sal »

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/new ... 7055327565

70 Cops raiding the whole town apparently.

I don't take drugs, I am Drugs.
matty223

Re: Nimbin Raided Big Time.

Post by matty223 »

whats with the random drug testing in the street,, they can do that to you in your country,, jsut randomly test you for drugs wt
gapie

Post by gapie »

the end of nimbin hopefully not hope the hippies will go somewhere else in Australia it is a big country to make ganja / drugs communities of the grid orso
same in usa but they are secret orso I dunno
everywhere u got drug communities secret or openly
same like forums etc......
and this is a openly forum / community
I like it this way open information
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

matty223 wrote:whats with the random drug testing in the street,, they can do that to you in your country,, jsut randomly test you for drugs wt
They dit in a lot of countries,Japan,Singapore,China and a few other
rockin into the night
gapie

Post by gapie »

Everywhere is DRUGS selfs in the poor countries where it is very very illegal
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
Mack 10

Post by Mack 10 »

Another waste of taxpayer's money.

Imagine walking down the street and getting drug "swabbed" in the street....
that's a frickin joke.
Scandalous Monk

Post by Scandalous Monk »

It's also damaging to the community and creates yet another generation of youths who despise the poLice. It will undoubtedly unfairly target the young and especially young black communities. A very handy tool for racist bigoted scum for controlling and destroying the lives of those they hold in disdain. Drug prohibition has nothing to do with public health and purely about social control and is a crime against society.

Ban banning all drugs :!:
treetop

Post by treetop »

fucking pig bastards :evil:
How much did you produce?
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

I am really glad I got to see the place last fall.
A unique place, fire and cops, not sure which is worse.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Slip & Sal

Post by Slip & Sal »

matty223 wrote:whats with the random drug testing in the street,, they can do that to you in your country,, jsut randomly test you for drugs wt
I don't reckon it is legal. I think they would have been testing drivers randomly, but I doubt they just randomly tested dudes walking along. Even though that's what the article said, it may just be a bit of hippie whispers that.
USbongLord wrote: They dit in a lot of countries,Japan,Singapore,China and a few other
3 months in Jail for having it in your system in Singapore.
Scandalous Monk wrote:It's also damaging to the community and creates yet another generation of youths who despise the poLice. It will undoubtedly unfairly target the young and especially young black communities. A very handy tool for racist bigoted scum for controlling and destroying the lives of those they hold in disdain. Drug prohibition has nothing to do with public health and purely about social control and is a crime against society.

Ban banning all drugs :!:
Spot on mate! Nimbin would be the best if they just let it be what it is.
treetop wrote:fucking pig bastards :evil:
Yes they would have been called this and many more colourful Australian sayings. What's the colour of a 2 cent piece? DIRTY COPPER!
FlyByNite wrote:I am really glad I got to see the place last fall.
A unique place, fire and cops, not sure which is worse.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
I think they did this to try to end it. They should know by now, they can't stop it. All they will do is make the people win. One thing you don't do is piss off a town full of crazy Aussie hippies! :mrgreen:

Poor Nimbin. The Aborigines cursed the place so maybe it will never have any luck.
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

when was it cursed?
what was the actual curse?

curious.
Slip & Sal

Post by Slip & Sal »

Artist Treweeke who had seen psychedelia in London and brought it to the Sydney art world in 1967, recalls being told that local Aborigines had cursed the place after earlier settlers had taken their land. ''The curse was that the valley would not prosper, and we had found an almost deserted town, most of the shops were boarded up and unused. Farm houses were empty. We rented them for about $2 a week and we bought the empty shops,

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/where-have-al ... z3DOQChQWk

And now I found apparently lifted

Why had it been abandoned?
Well, that’s an interesting story. The town’s original inhabitants were members of Aboriginal tribes and when white people took over, the tribes supposedly cursed the place and as a result people left. Prior to the festival, we contacted the Aboriginal chief, who was in hospital, and he offered to lift the curse for us. So, the couple hundred of us who were already working there on the festival site were gathered one night on a large paddock where a ring of fires had been set up. They divided us into two groups—girls and guys—and sent us one hundred metres from the fire where we had to wait until the ceremony was complete. We weren’t allowed to witness what was happening but we could hear the didgeridoos and clap sticks and then after about 20 minutes we were called back and advised that the curse had been lifted.
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

Slip & Sal wrote:Artist Treweeke who had seen psychedelia in London and brought it to the Sydney art world in 1967, recalls being told that local Aborigines had cursed the place after earlier settlers had taken their land. ''The curse was that the valley would not prosper, and we had found an almost deserted town, most of the shops were boarded up and unused. Farm houses were empty. We rented them for about $2 a week and we bought the empty shops,

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/where-have-al ... z3DOQChQWk

And now I found apparently lifted

Why had it been abandoned?
Well, that’s an interesting story. The town’s original inhabitants were members of Aboriginal tribes and when white people took over, the tribes supposedly cursed the place and as a result people left. Prior to the festival, we contacted the Aboriginal chief, who was in hospital, and he offered to lift the curse for us. So, the couple hundred of us who were already working there on the festival site were gathered one night on a large paddock where a ring of fires had been set up. They divided us into two groups—girls and guys—and sent us one hundred metres from the fire where we had to wait until the ceremony was complete. We weren’t allowed to witness what was happening but we could hear the didgeridoos and clap sticks and then after about 20 minutes we were called back and advised that the curse had been lifted.

thanks!!! : >