Getting a MM license in Toronto

drtangus

Getting a MM license in Toronto

Post by drtangus »

Hi everyone,

I live in Toronto but spend almost half of the year outside of the country for work, sometimes more. I'll be returning home shortly and would like to get a mm license.

The biggest issue I have is migraines, which used to be sometimes solved by preemptive strong advil or 2. Now my stomach gets a bad reaction from most NSAIDs I know due to the years of use (I truly fear my migraines, if I had an inkling of one coming on I would take an advil and hope I caught it early enough). I have medical documentation but most of it is from outside of Canada.

The problem I have is my family Dr. in Toronto is anti-marijuana, he just won't budge. I'm not really keen on paying the $300-400 for these medical centers, because I'm not in the country long enough for it to be cost effective.

Are there any mm friendly doctors open to seeing patients without that large fee?
Would they accept medical documentation from another country?

Any help/advice is really appreciated.

Thanks all.
Drtangus

TwoCanucks

Re: Getting a MM license in Toronto

Post by TwoCanucks »

Each dispensary runs a little different. If you have documents of medical kind they will likely be considered. Check out todispensaries,com. Some shops accent membership with pill bottles, somewant a doctor form, some will send you to a doctor.

I suggest you start in kensington market, there are 9 dispensaries there, one doesnt reuqire anything, another puts you on skype with a doc for free, another does the same but charges...spend a day in Kensington and you woll have everything you need within an hour or two at the most.
Amsterdam dreaming.............
drtangus

Re: Getting a MM license in Toronto

Post by drtangus »

Thanks for the help TwoCanucks!