Nova Scotians smoke the most weed per capita in Canada: StatsCan

notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie » Wed 2nd May 2018 03:22 am

By Alexander Quon Online Producer/Reporter Global News
April 30, 2018

A marijuana joint is shared at Cannabis Culture in Montreal, Friday, December 16, 2016.
Graham Hughes/The Canadian Press

Nova Scotians like their cannabis more than any other region in the country, according to data from Statistics Canada released Monday.

Provinces and territories across the country consumed vastly different amounts of cannabis said the federal agency, indicating that its data points to 4.9 million Canadians purchasing the drug for medicinal and non-medicinal use.

The data is set to be the last full year of data on cannabis consumption ahead of legalization, which expected later this year.

Nova Scotia had the highest per capita usage of any province or territory in the country with StatsCan finding that people in the province consumed 27.1 grams of cannabis per person per year.

Alberta and British Columbia were close behind, with those provinces’ citizens consuming 24.6 grams and 24.1 grams respectively.

All three of the provinces were above the Canadian average, which StatsCan pegged at 21.1 grams per person.

However, the data does come with a caveat. Statistics Canada says its data is drawn from a number of assumptions — mostly because of the drugs illicit nature.

The StatsCan figures are based on several surveys, which lack certain details and are infrequently collected.

“Statistics Canada has had to make assumptions about the frequency with which Canadians consume cannabis; the volume consumed per day; and the price paid to purchase cannabis. For example, Statistics Canada assumes that when someone reports consuming cannabis at least once a week, they actually consume cannabis 208 times per year, although this could range from 52 to 365 times,” Statistics Canada said.

The majority of the remaining provinces are tightly clustered together, with people consuming between 18.3 grams and 21 grams in the remaining Maritime provinces, as well as in Manitoba, Quebec and Ontario.

Saskatchewan and the three territories brought up the rear consuming between 13.6 grams and 17.7 grams.

StatsCanada estimates that Canadians spent roughly $5.6 billion on cannabis in 2017 and says that its information on cannabis use and cannabis consumption will improve post-legalization.

globalnews

DeLekkersteNUGS16

Re: Nova Scotians smoke the most weed per capita in Canada: StatsCan

Post by DeLekkersteNUGS16 » Wed 2nd May 2018 09:30 am

And it's all thanks Ricky, Julian and Bubbles

Pierre von Mondragon

Post by Pierre von Mondragon » Wed 2nd May 2018 12:03 pm

Auld Scotians smoke more than these Nova fucks...

Pierre von Mondragon

Post by Pierre von Mondragon » Wed 2nd May 2018 12:03 pm

...But I'm still proud of them!

CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple » Wed 2nd May 2018 03:42 pm

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote:
Wed 2nd May 2018 09:30 am
And it's all thanks Ricky, Julian and Bubbles
:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup: :clap:
Pierre von Mondragon wrote:
Wed 2nd May 2018 12:03 pm
Auld Scotians smoke more than these Nova fucks...
We've seen it Pierre, we believe you! :D Although maybe the results had been different had they done that survey a bit more detailed; there's no way that average isn't higher in some parts of Ontario... If not, I f00king bet you it will be from June 28th and a good 10 days ahead!!! :D
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:

Pierre von Mondragon

Post by Pierre von Mondragon » Wed 2nd May 2018 10:10 pm

I reckon an ACD posse could raise the average per capita score a bit...

macky

Post by macky » Wed 2nd May 2018 10:30 pm

I know for sure they have huge amount of small indoor grows ,friends nephew has been building rooms for a company full time for a few years now. The climate sucks for outdoor there and as far as the rest of there fiction story thats crap :D
I can promise you there not buying weed for what we pay in Ontario or BC e.g. just bought gram watermelon budder for 45 dollars a gram and gram shatter for 35 . one OZ street price good outdoor weed 100 dollars.
I ordered butter and shatter online ,there,s like a 100 online sites here right now …It,s the wild,wild west and I,m loving every minute of it :D I,m trying to find the the right stuff for when some pot head friends get here ,it,s good work if you can get it .

Nug,s you know Bubbles and actor …right :D
Pierre ..you know the scots build this country and the Scottish call them Stines

Pierre von Mondragon

Post by Pierre von Mondragon » Wed 2nd May 2018 10:47 pm

Sounds well great, Europe needs to get its fuckin act together more.

Pierre von Mondragon

Post by Pierre von Mondragon » Thu 3rd May 2018 12:37 pm

macky wrote:
Wed 2nd May 2018 10:30 pm

Pierre ..you know the scots build this country and the Scottish call them Stines
The dialect jumps aboot a lot ( DEFINITELY where it comes from) far I'm fae we say 'steens', but in Glasgow they say 'stanes', the Gaels will say something else entirely with lots of redundant consonants...

Return to “Canada”