Toronto Dispensaries

TwoCanucks

Toronto Dispensaries

Post by TwoCanucks »

Been to 30-40 of them now. Its a wide open scene, not only in TO obv, it is across the country to one extent or another. The mail order method is thriving and easily accessible with minimal problems.

I've kind of posted stuff here and there but thoughts i'd put some things down in one spot

Here's some facts and observations....

There are hundreds of shops and MOM in Toronto and GTA. Some are open a couple days, some have been open for a couple years, and some decades. for the most part, there is a run of dealers or want to be dealers/dispensary operators. I have met a lot of really good people. couples with families taking a shot like in any other business. there are also legal/licensed producers that cater to the medicinal under federal laws. There are real slimeballs and hardcore criminals all over the place.

Right now you are seeing an incredible run on storefronts and MOM popping up every day. Some want Health Canada paperwork, others just a doctors note - don;t have a note? no worries many have doctors, even more just government ID for proof of age.

Coming from out of province? No problem, just ID.

Coming from out of country? No problem, just bring passport or license for proof of age. you will be able to get a dispensary will little effort.

Lets just be honest here. the dispensary scene is the wild west right now. the buyer isn't the target of law enforcement, it's really a fight between the illegal shops/suppliers and police.

It's funny, in some parts of the city, there are 3-4-5-6 10 shops in couple blocks radius and the cops don't give a shit -- in other areas it's a hardcore lockdown and parade for the media.

My opinion it comes down to the local elected city councilor depending on which side of the legalization argument they are on -- but that doesn't really matter here.

Prices ranging from $3.50-$20+ per gram. Most top strains are pricier obv, and there seems to be a rule.. the easier the dispensary to join, the higher the top price strains get. just an example, i've bought Sour D almost everytime i see it somewhere if it looks to my liking; i've bought it for $8/gr and it's been outstanding, and also got complete garbage for $13.

Let you nose and eyes do the shopping. watch your fingers most places won't let you touch the produce, only a smell.

Bottom line, it's a great time to check out the dispensaries if you're here. You'll find a range from Apple Store layouts to crummy little counters with questionable content and service.

There's also a couple places i've found a couple MOM that will do same day delivery. one place advertising office/hotel room delivery within a few hours.

Didn't mean to sound like an infomercial :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: i just have a great time finding new places around town just like when I'm in AMS (which I haven't been to in far tooooooo looooooong)

peace all

TC

Amsterdam dreaming.............
madmaxxx

Re: Toronto Dispensaries

Post by madmaxxx »

Get out to the mohawk(indian) resevers and your be 20 to30 dollar a q 100 a oz.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

madmaxxx wrote: Mon 16th Jul 2018 11:13 am Get out to the mohawk(indian) resevers and your be 20 to30 dollar a q 100 a oz.
You were buying weed on an Indian reservation? :lol: That's brilliant, are they cornering the industry, like the gambling in the US?

I should add, kudos to the OP, I like the thread. Might have to pop over to Canada :)
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

RoMoney wrote: Wed 18th Jul 2018 10:49 pm
madmaxxx wrote: Mon 16th Jul 2018 11:13 am Get out to the mohawk(indian) resevers and your be 20 to30 dollar a q 100 a oz.
You were buying weed on an Indian reservation? :lol: That's brilliant, are they cornering the industry, like the gambling in the US?

I should add, kudos to the OP, I like the thread. Might have to pop over to Canada :)
Please tell me it was a dispensary and not a meeting at sunset with a Native on a reservation :shock:
macky

Post by macky »

Romoney wrote...You were buying weed on an Indian reservation? :lol: That's brilliant, are they cornering the industry, like the gambling in the US?

[/quote]

I know someone who can help you with that :lol: PM if you would like to come over next summer ?
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Yes, heading to Ottawa in a couple weeks and will be stopping at a couple on way. Curious to see the quality, because most prices i've seen are outstanding... also seen some stupid per gram $$ which is a little sad.

Hope your trip went well, sorry we missed you in town. needed a couple days to clear the head and was back to work. until next run in
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Kermit wrote: Thu 19th Jul 2018 10:08 am

Please tell me it was a dispensary and not a meeting at sunset with a Native on a reservation :shock:
They are store fronts/dispensaries. not a random meeting.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

TwoCanucks wrote: Thu 19th Jul 2018 02:19 pm
Kermit wrote: Thu 19th Jul 2018 10:08 am

They are store fronts/dispensaries. not a random meeting.
Yeah I did know that ,but the thought of madmaxx having a meet up at sunset on a native reservation just sounds better. :mrgreen:
madmaxxx

Post by madmaxxx »

was a bit like that indian family 5 of them.then went and smoked my free j (with purchase) with them.about 6 disperncerys.cavan and cabins in the area.great afternoon and best eddibles i ever bought(made them stronger but that was a 2day trip)another indian gave me some hash.good people.when i go back i stay by the lake(cheap cabins)didnt see a cop all day.so could smoke anywhere
madmaxxx

Post by madmaxxx »

bought granddaddy purple and got a freebe j(forgot name)both where lovely strong smokes.bought 1/2g of shatter fir 20$and that was excellent well purged.tbh i didnt buy any bad weed all trip.about 30 to 35 a q from town dispercerys..one place i got small buds but thats a minor point.so with just weed maps i had a lovely time.one tip .some towns dont have shop dispercerys,but they have delivery ussally it 100$ cad min.so check a head on weed maps,if you dont need loads.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

madmaxxx wrote: Fri 20th Jul 2018 12:32 pm was a bit like that indian family 5 of them.then went and smoked my free j (with purchase) with them.about 6 disperncerys.cavan and cabins in the area.great afternoon and best eddibles i ever bought(made them stronger but that was a 2day trip)another indian gave me some hash.good people.when i go back i stay by the lake(cheap cabins)didnt see a cop all day.so could smoke anywhere
That's good enough for me, cool as hell, thanks for clearing that up.
macky

Post by macky »

Change of goverment ,new ones going to allow private shops ...thinking CS stores 8)
Taking little trip Sunday being as it,s the week there closing down streets of Kensington market to foot traffic only. Seems like good day hit pot shops ,being I will not have to worry about being hit by a car .
But if you know what,s been going on in Toronto lately ,More likely to get hit by a bullet..sad but true :D
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Sorry we’re so late on this one, been too busy not getting stressed by work and such, if that makes any sense.

First advice would be to listen to the locals, master macky regularly posts if he got his hands om some extra yammy stuff, including that which comes out of the Toronto dispensaries. Two Canucks posted some good advice earlier (and these guys really know their cannabis also, besides being very generous people and great company on top of that :) ) and will most likely be back with more when they have explored further.

We only visited a small handful in Toronto, but of these we’d only skip one on Spidina we can’t even remember the name of anyways, the rest were good. All the dispensaries we visited in Toronto had a sign-up procedure, but just formalities. We visited two in Hamilton (The Honey Pot being our favorite dispensary of the trip wrt quality and price) and both gave fuck all about IDs or signing up people. A few thoughts on the three we remember:

Weed the North (289 College St., right off the top of Augusta Ave and to the right for maybe 150 meters)
Hands down the largest selection of weed we’ve ever seen in one place, although more or less exclusively Indicas and Hybrids. They had some sativas, tbh we were so melted that we can’t remember exactly how many but probably between 6 and 10 and we had a few of those (very good product, but not as great as products from the following two and the Honey Pot, let alone the mail order stuff that Macky and the Canucks got, that was by far the best value for money cannabis we saw there, and probably anywhere).

The Indica and Hybrid selection was insane. At the very least there had to be 25 of each and all of them save a very few looked good enough to buy.

Large selection of concentrates as well as edibles and a few other canna-items also.

Prices were deffo higher than in Hamilton, let alone the value for money of other sources, but compared to e.g. Ams prices its more than reasonable, roughly in the 8 to 16 can $ per gram (with discounts for henries and so forth).

Cloud 6ix (331 Spadina Ave)

Smaller selection than WtN, but still quite a bit larger than what you would find in a normal CS, besides maybe The Plug ;), and no edibles. Quality much higher though. Of the strains we remember the Mango Skunk Fire and Fruity Pebbles stood out as stellar examples of extremely tasty and very potent weed. Can’t remember what we payed, honestly at this point we knew it was worth it and didn’t bother too much if it was 10, 12 or 14 if it looked and smelled as good as that stuff did.

Only place to give us a proper members card, which has a nice design, as did their t-shirts :)

Lit Paper and Glass (191b Baldwin St, you can literally see into the Hot Box Cafe from the entrance to this place which is also next to Jimmies Coffee which served some damn fine coffee)

Selection quite sizeable, but not as ridiculously big as WtN and with quality comparable to Cloud 6ix and prices in the same range. Everything we had from here was choice product and some of them really stood out as very special and / or high quality. Among the favorites from here were the West Coast Sour Diesel (bunny got a henry straight up just from the look and smell IWRC, we went back for more), their Fruity Pebbles (had this from quite a few places there, this tied with the Cloud 6ix version as the best) and Purple “Something” God. The latter one was maybe the freakiest and definitely the deepest and most beautiful purple we’ve ever seen or smoked. It was completely purple with variations in color coming from hues of purple and just undertones of blue and deep dark green. It was also absolutely smothered in crystals both on the outside of the bud and when broken up. It was so incredibly sticky that we were worried that it was a little too wet, but ground up it was a perfect fluffy and light consistency which rolled up nicely and smoked smooth and well. The taste was very special and unlike anything we remember smoking before, definitely with that distinct but hard to define “purple” flavor profile in there, but it was dominated by powerful woody and herbal / floral flavors with strong sage, lavender and something else we couldn’t quite put our fingers on. It hit quite heavy also, very relaxing and peaceful / serene vibes, without it being too heavy on the couch-lock, also a very special and enjoyable element to that particular beauty.

The edibles at Lit Paper and Glass were the best we ever had, save maybe the Thomson Caribou cakes that were both super delish and freaky strong (and that’s a weak maybe because of the impracticality of dosing up with the cakes as they are a rather big snack), The best edibles for both ease of use / zero taste from the product and potency were gummies (not bears, just regular square gummies ;) ) that IWRC were called something like “Space Globs”. The had to different dose leves, a pack containing 3x50 mg and one containing 3x100 mg. The 3x100 are fun one at a time (100 mg dose, and they really, really mean that no fucking around at all) and a fucking blast if you eat a whole pack. Mr. CC had two packs within hours, followed by 300 mg of another brand. Plan was originally to eat another Space Blobs pack, put as Mr. CC was the only one who could drive the car back to macky’s next day he opted out (not wanting to do a little trippy wippy going down the expressway). Turned out that the approx. 900 mg within a couple of hours was quite a challenge on their own, that was a fun night :). The only thing we ever had that could compare to the Space Globs and the Thomson Caribou cakes was the original Tangie version of DC’s THCyrup and that maybe isn’t a fair comparison as we more or less only had that mixed with beers (and usually very good high ABV beers). :)

We never got concentrates from dispensaries as we had top shelf (and very cheap) stuff from Thomson Caribou (thnx mackster for hooking us up and sharing so much of yours, and thnx again TC for the many, many things you brought to the party also! :D ), but what we saw at dispensaries looked very interesting and fairly priced. DB and max spotted some “name brands” that they said should be top notch among the stuff offered IWRC.

Most, but certainly not all, dispensaries will have one or two hashes on offer, besides the butters, shatters, diamond sauces, HTFSE’s, distillates etc. etc. It’s mostly afghan of a reasonable quality with a few very nice examples and a few examples of fair to good moroccan, but in general hash is a bit hard to source if you don’t have local contacts, look around more than we did (which doesn’t take much) or get some mail order delivery (quite a few options there).

Summing up, anyone who is a fan of good weed at very reasonable prices do not have to look long in Toronto, we literally didn’t even try to score outside of a very small part of a massive fucking megacity that is packed with dispensaries and we were more than set. We saw a bunch of other places just around that neighborhood and as others have mentioned Weedmaps will guide you well (at least until we can get at front page sub-forum for canada ;) ).

macky wrote: Fri 27th Jul 2018 10:22 pm Change of goverment ,new ones going to allow private shops ...thinking CS stores 8)
Taking little trip Sunday being as it,s the week there closing down streets of Kensington market to foot traffic only. Seems like good day hit pot shops ,being I will not have to worry about being hit by a car .
But if you know what,s been going on in Toronto lately ,More likely to get hit by a bullet..sad but true :D
Great news with the private shops, would like the LCBO model for getting clones and stuff like that, but for serving the cannaneeds of the whole market via that or similar outlets was a fools quest... :) :D

Hope you are having a great time in the 6ix Captain, say high to everyone and stay safe! :D :D :D :D
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
macky

Post by macky »

Nice read ,lots of detail 8) can not wait for your trip report so I can remember a bit more .Everythings a bit of a blurr but :D .I remember Smirks calling and we asked where are you? At the parade ..Oh ya the parade :lol: (you had to be there )
I,m now feel like kid at Xmas waiting for tomorrow’s trip to the six,need to get more money out of bank after reading about all those strains 8)
Hopefully by time you guy,s get back there be shops in every town...sounds like a road trip.
PS those cakes Twocanuks brought from caribou concentres where the best edibles eve
macky

Post by macky »

Just finished big loop ,Hamilton then Toronto :mrgreen:
Hit ever where CC hit plus ,plus :D Never got asked or sign in any where except MMJ witch we do have card for(last place to still be playing medical :wink: ).
I was quite surprised how crazy open it was and in a few staff wnere puffin :D
Like CC found prices higher and buds little nicer in Toronto,But bought Oz in Hamilton for 84 bucks(half platinum cookies and half Tangine cheapest I every bought indoor in my life 8)
Spent a crazy amount of money ,but fuck you got to see some of these,s menu,s and everything I smelled I had too buy ...Ya I,m bragging not complaining :lol: All ready planning on hitting next months streets closure of Kensington market