Uruguay 2020

jaiw

Uruguay 2020

Post by jaiw »

Going to be in Uruguay in March/April 2020. Anybody got some info on the weed scene out there and particularly Montevideo? Not much info out there and it doesn't seem that easy to obtain for tourists.

Largefella

Re: Uruguay 2020

Post by Largefella »

Went about 6 months ago with my wife. We went to Colonia, but I reckon it might work the same way in Montevideo...

Walking around the town, under the impression that weed sales were for locals only, maybe you need a card, dunno, but walked into a dispensary to see what would happen...first thing I saw was a massive sign on the counter in Spanish indicating that "WE DO NOT SELL MARIJUANA". So, I turned around and began to walk out of the shop - but the bud tender called after me to approach the counter - so I obliged.

We had a chat (in English - good English!) and he explained that he was not allowed to sell me weed, but I could buy some papers, and he would give me a gift. The papers cost about $10-15 US Dollars in local currency (can't remember - but not too crazy). I asked if I could buy two packets of papers, and he didn't look too sure, so I indicated I'd buy one pack for me and one for my wife, and he was fine with that. About 2 grams total free gift...

No choice in the type of weed I got for the "gift" - it was OK - but awesome considering I thought it would be dry holiday. It was a little dry, a little scraggly, but I've had worse. Give it a B, maybe a B- for effect. I'm guessing there is good weed that is traded among Uruguayans. I've heard from other friends who have made bigger amount purchases in Montevideo, and possibly better weed. I think you just have to go into the shop and ask how it works...
...as Sinatra once sang, Doobee doobee dooo....
jaiw

Post by jaiw »

Thanks so much for the response! We'll be in Colonia, too. We'll definitely have a wander around!
Largefella

Post by Largefella »

No worries at all - glad to be of some help!

Let us know how you get on - I plan to go back sometime in the future - would be great to hear your feedback on the place...and any new tips....
...as Sinatra once sang, Doobee doobee dooo....
jaiw

Post by jaiw »

I'll definitely do a write up once I've been :D
Edel_cummin

Weed in Uruguay

Post by Edel_cummin »

Will be glad to get some tips as well.
Last edited by Edel_cummin on Sat 23rd May 2020 06:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaiw

Re: Weed in Uruguay

Post by jaiw »

Edel_cummin wrote: Tue 4th Feb 2020 09:10 am Will be glad to get some tips as well.
When are you heading out there?