smoking policy in munich?

Johhny

smoking policy in munich?

Post by Johhny »

hello everyone, my friend is travelling to munich in may and i'm trying to help him find out what is the smoking policy in munich and if it is possible to buy weed there.
any help will be much appriciated, thanks.

stints

Re: smoking policy in munich?

Post by stints »

dont smoke in public!!!!!!!!!! munich is in the state of bavaria and they have the rightest mj laws in germany....be smart!
Johhny

Post by Johhny »

wow that's suprising, thanx.
Paco

Post by Paco »

Yeah mate Munich is very conservative. Sure you can smoke in public, but I wouldnt. You may cause some trouble. Even long papers can cause some problems.

Berlin is a different story though.
Wat is er aan de hand?!
Quazer

Post by Quazer »

Yeah Munich isn't the place to be for weed smokers. Lots of undercovers who will flip their police IDs at you before they check your ID and search your pockets. Not sure what will exactly happen to tourists who get searched with weed on them. For locals it's basicly as if they would carry some sort of dangerous weapon and their home(s) will be searched. You also will spend a good few hours at the police station with them asking stupid questions. Around 0,3 grams are enough to get in trouble of some sort. More than an ounce of quality bud would mean pretty serious trouble. If you ask a person for a hit and give him his joint back, it doesn't count as crime and you couldn't get charged for that. There are a few hotspots to score mostly around the night club scene.
Mike93

Post by Mike93 »

By the sounds of it, it doesn't seem worth taking the risk.

Enjoy your trip
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

Quazer wrote:Yeah Munich isn't the place to be for weed smokers. Lots of undercovers who will flip their police IDs at you before they check your ID and search your pockets. Not sure what will exactly happen to tourists who get searched with weed on them. For locals it's basicly as if they would carry some sort of dangerous weapon and their home(s) will be searched. You also will spend a good few hours at the police station with them asking stupid questions. Around 0,3 grams are enough to get in trouble of some sort. More than an ounce of quality bud would mean pretty serious trouble. If you ask a person for a hit and give him his joint back, it doesn't count as crime and you couldn't get charged for that. There are a few hotspots to score mostly around the night club scene.
:shock:
Who the fook have you been listening to?
I've not only have spent a great deal of time in Munich, my brother-in-law lived there for many years as well. My wife's family is from Bavaria. Also, I've lived in Germany for 20 years, this year. Goes towards my credibility...
If you have a record for drug offenses, or act stupid and belligerent, then what you say may very well happen. Too bad for the stupid stoner, no pity from me, only :twisted: :lol:
As for the 0.3 grams, again, where did you get this information? More than 28 grams of quality bud, as opposed to mids or schwag? I hope you are beginning to see the holes... Again, where is this coming from?
I've known a few Polizei, and none would go through the hassle of busting someone for a joint or even a couple of grams. IF you show respect, aren't wanted by the authorities, and don't have a drug record, you will most likely be given a warning, and they keep the weed.
I've smoked in various parts of the Englisch Garten, one of the world's largest inner city parks.
One word, which to me seems to escape many stoners - discretion.
... :mrgreen:
Kid Chavez

Post by Kid Chavez »

Uncle Ron wrote:
Quazer wrote:Yeah Munich isn't the place to be for weed smokers. Lots of undercovers who will flip their police IDs at you before they check your ID and search your pockets. Not sure what will exactly happen to tourists who get searched with weed on them. For locals it's basicly as if they would carry some sort of dangerous weapon and their home(s) will be searched. You also will spend a good few hours at the police station with them asking stupid questions. Around 0,3 grams are enough to get in trouble of some sort. More than an ounce of quality bud would mean pretty serious trouble. If you ask a person for a hit and give him his joint back, it doesn't count as crime and you couldn't get charged for that. There are a few hotspots to score mostly around the night club scene.
:shock:
Who the fook have you been listening to?
I've not only have spent a great deal of time in Munich, my brother-in-law lived there for many years as well. My wife's family is from Bavaria. Also, I've lived in Germany for 20 years, this year. Goes towards my credibility...
If you have a record for drug offenses, or act stupid and belligerent, then what you say may very well happen. Too bad for the stupid stoner, no pity from me, only :twisted: :lol:
As for the 0.3 grams, again, where did you get this information? More than 28 grams of quality bud, as opposed to mids or schwag? I hope you are beginning to see the holes... Again, where is this coming from?
I've known a few Polizei, and none would go through the hassle of busting someone for a joint or even a couple of grams. IF you show respect, aren't wanted by the authorities, and don't have a drug record, you will most likely be given a warning, and they keep the weed.
I've smoked in various parts of the Englisch Garten, one of the world's largest inner city parks.
One word, which to me seems to escape many stoners - discretion.
+1

I've spent a decent amount of time in Munich & never had a problem with smoking...some common sense & common decency goes a long way. :idea:
Trips Completed: 18
Trips Scheduled: 0
Quazer

Post by Quazer »

I just lived in the area for about 30 years. If you think you know better just go ahead and carry weed and smoke in the park. I see no need to prove myself here, believe it or not, I don't care. :mrgreen:
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

Quazer wrote:I just lived in the area for about 30 years. If you think you know better just go ahead and carry weed and smoke in the park. I see no need to prove myself here, believe it or not, I don't care. :mrgreen:
: >
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

Quazer wrote:I just lived in the area for about 30 years. If you think you know better just go ahead and carry weed and smoke in the park. I see no need to prove myself here, believe it or not, I don't care. :mrgreen:
Now I understand the reason for the bullshit attitude in the chat. Remember the :roll: whatever dude?
An immature way to shark someone who has a different opinion and experiences than yours.
Lastly, no one asked you or expects you to prove yourself, and many probably don't care just as you don't.
Moving on...
Next...
Quazer

Post by Quazer »

How about this... from ccguide.org

1. Consumption and possession Cannabis use is not forbidden, but everything you have to do to consume (buy, possess etc.) is. For consumers with small amounts there is the possibility to avoid prosecution. The definition of a small amount is very different in the German regions - from almost nothing up to 30 grams of cannabis (in Schleswig Holstein). However, changes are expected soon which will lead to a uniform standard of 6 grams in the entire country. The intensity of law enforcement differs per region - Bavaria is worst. Possession of more than a small amount for personal use: fine or prison up to five years. For more than 7,5 g THC-content: minimum 1 year prison. Medical cannabis is practically impossible in Germany. There are only pure THC-products on the market - very expensive. The Highest Court has decided that the state has to give out permissions to ill people to posess cannabis. They made so stupid requirements that nobody got this permission till now. But there have been 2-3 court-decisions allowing 2-3 persons to possess/grow cannabis for medical reasons. If that is it all or becomes a trend we have to see in the next years.

2. Cultivation Is forbidden, too. There is no regulation to tolerate it, but they usually use the same "small amounts" to close a case as with possession. That means almost every grower comes to a judge. The punishment is fine or prison up to five years. For more than 7,5 g THC-content minimum 1 year prison.

3. Distribution Fine or prison up to five years. For more than 7,5 g THC-contend minimum 1 year prison. To make it more complicated the punishment in all segments can be less if the case is less "heavy" - and the punishment can be harder if it depends "organised crime" (minimum 5 years prison for more than 7,5 g THC).

4. Provision of seeds, tools to produce and consume cannabis with etc Seeds are forbidden, if they seem to be sold or possessed for illegal cultivation. so there is no legal way to sell or possess seeds for that purpose. But in the 'grey area', they are sold as 'birds feed', everyone knows what this means, but the head shops are not especially prosecuted for this. Besides- there are razzias for people who ordered hemp seed through the Internet. Growing and smoking equipement is no problem in Germany. But a grow shop should not tell the people, how to grow Cannabis with it.

5. Production and distribution of hemp products Not a big problem, but very bureaucratic ways of surveillance and narrow THC-levels for hemp-food etc. The people who control for what purpose the cultivation is have no training to see the differences.
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

Uncle Ron wrote:
Now I understand the reason for the bullshit attitude in the chat. Remember the :roll: whatever dude?
An immature way to shark someone who has a different opinion and experiences than yours.
Lastly, no one asked you or expects you to prove yourself, and many probably don't care just as you don't.
Moving on...
Next...
ur
knowing how one's opinion is reached actually DOES count, quite a bit. living somewhere gives one a totally different view point and understanding of the situation, than those that merely pass thru. i feel the same way about the twats who say you can smoke on the streets in NYC. More people busted for small amounts of pot here than anywhere in the US.

for the record - your attitude could also use an adjustment.
Kid Chavez

Post by Kid Chavez »

Life is a series of calculated risks. If people are looking to ACD for some false sense of security then that's on them. The only things guaranteed in life are death & taxes. Smoking outdoors in any city/town comes with a risk of being snagged..though the chances of having a problem are probably pretty low. This isn't rocket science folks...use you head....
Trips Completed: 18
Trips Scheduled: 0
Quazer

Post by Quazer »

:roll: Of course it is possible. It's a fucking gamble. You might be fine 99 times and the next time get arrested - sometimes sooner, sometimes later, some never get caught but there ain't no formular for that. Not running around like a tramp and being able to speak (german) also helps - but that shit is so obvious that I feel offended when some think it's smart to bring that up. Just better to be aware of the risk you take imo. Amazing how stupid stoners can be. :wink: :)