The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate The Plug (formerly Utopia)

I like The Plug
90%
I don't like The Plug
10%

Total votes: 269

Tam123

Re: The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Post by Tam123 »

I'm no shill the product in here is pretty much best in the dam it's expensive but compared to what most shops are selling it on another level and when in rome I'd rather b smoking the best some ppl will say it's a rip off but if u got the cash then why not.

Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Tam123 wrote: Thu 17th Jan 2019 12:57 pm I'm no shill the product in here is pretty much best in the dam it's expensive but compared to what most shops are selling it on another level and when in rome I'd rather b smoking the best some ppl will say it's a rip off but if u got the cash then why not.
Because every person who allows themselves to get ripped off is added encouragement for unscrupulous places to normalise such prices, negatively impacting on every other customer who doesn't literally have money to burn?

Of course you're entitled to your opinion and that doesn't make you a shill by default, but frankly if you're paying the price of gold for weed it better be something very very special indeed!

Out of interest, did you look at or try any of the "normal" priced strains in The Plug, or were those boxes as empty as usual?
Tam123

Post by Tam123 »

I had some Dutch gellato from there for 15 euro which was pretty good aswell I get what your saying about the prices but the stuff the coffee shops themselves are selling for 10 euros is disgraceful if I'm honest I get much better back in UK and the cali packs I buy in the UK are cheaper aswell so yeah I think prices are up across the board and quality is definitely down.
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Ah ok, good to hear they had something decent at a more normal price (although I do weep a little inside at considering €15/g to now be "normal/cheap").

Yeah, without really being prepared to range far and wide and look at an awful lot of very meh bud on the way it certainly has gotten a lot more difficult to find decent smoke on a reasonable budget in the city, and only likely to get harder as more of the less reputable shops jump on the Cali wagon.

I do understand in that context how people on holiday looking for something special get tempted into buying these exorbitantly priced strains, and it does seem to be true that if you're going to do that then you might actually get something "legit" at The Plug compared to a lot of places, but I still can't help wincing at the whole thing and worrying about where the market in my favourite city is going to be at in a couple of years time.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Het Ballonetje have got Mimosa on the menu for €15 I beleive.
Tam123

Post by Tam123 »

I can see what use are saying I'm sure if I had more time I would have found some cheaper alternatives but the smoke really was bang on. Back home I'm getting offered a lot of cali weed and at more reasonable prices so amsterdam has no excuse for 35 a g but if you want to treat yourself it's defo worth a look imo just for something special.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Tam123 wrote: Thu 17th Jan 2019 07:26 pm I can see what use are saying I'm sure if I had more time I would have found some cheaper alternatives but the smoke really was bang on. Back home I'm getting offered a lot of cali weed and at more reasonable prices so amsterdam has no excuse for 35 a g but if you want to treat yourself it's defo worth a look imo just for something special.
What are the more reasonable going rates for Cali in the UK these days?
Tam123

Post by Tam123 »

Iv been getting offered it at 80 for 7 grams which is not bad when the UK grown weed is 60 for 7 grams so it's getting more reasonable. It's become more common and lots of people trying to sell it.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Tam123 wrote: Fri 18th Jan 2019 07:05 am Iv been getting offered it at 80 for 7 grams which is not bad when the UK grown weed is 60 for 7 grams so it's getting more reasonable. It's become more common and lots of people trying to sell it.
And you're 100% sure it's Californian?
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

I would be very surprised.
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

There are a lot of people selling 'certified' branded bags and tins on ebay #justsaying
Tam123

Post by Tam123 »

Yeah I'm 100% sure even been in the guys house when it's landed and it's defo not a parcel from the UK. The guy I'm buying from puts it in his own custom pots with his own brand on wouldn't bother me if it's in a plastic bag tbh but the products good the competition with the cali has drove the prices right down.
Tam123

Post by Tam123 »

Iv seen the jungle boys packs and cookies cali packets on eBay but you would have to be pretty daft to spend 100 quid on 1 and not check there genuine. As I say my mate doesn't claim it's jungle boys and all that stuff just good cali weed and your still getting it in a fancie pot if that's what floats your boat :roll:
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for The Plug dated February 18, 2019. Thank you Michele.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Utopia/Menus/Utopia.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Devore

Post by Devore »

Had the Biscotti Gelato, superb smoke was mullered big time. Preferred it as Utopia though!!