Relax (Amsterdam)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Good or not?

Good
3
38%
Not Good
1
13%
Not been
1
13%
I am a sausage
3
38%
 
Total votes: 8

GorillaGlue
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu 18th Jan 2018 07:45 pm

Re: Relax (Amsterdam)

Post by GorillaGlue » Fri 19th Jan 2018 04:01 pm

Definitely a locals spot, but they were very nice to a yank like me. The weed and hash are nothing to write home about, but all very solid, clean burning smoke. Tastes were good but potency was soso. They had a good Cheese that was very flavorful and very true to that style. Classic.

If you are looking to get away from the busy spots near by like Barneys, GreenHouse etc this is a good one. Never super busy and you can always find a good seat.



User avatar
Marok21
Posts: 1334
Joined: Wed 28th May 2008 12:20 pm
Location: who knows?

Re: Relax (Amsterdam)

Post by Marok21 » Mon 10th Jun 2019 01:47 pm

First I wanted to try 1e Hulps Miss USA hash but it wasn´t in stock atm so I decide to went down the Marnixstraat in direction to Coffeeshop Siberie... on my way I walked into a few shops like Funky Munkey which had also some decent looking hashes... Coffeeshop Bronx had still the same menu since years... Coffeeshop T Keteltje, Coffeeshop 137...

I also passed Coffeeshop Relax were I never been before but I remembered their Gorilla Glue Ice hash (14€/g) that I saw listed on their menu with 89,9% THC and 0 CBD :? :shock: so I wanted to give it a try.

Gorilla Glue Ice hash (14€/g) - Very dark sticky nearly black hash. The consistency is pretty grainy and sticky... I didn´t saw hashes of that consistency over the last year... the last hash I got that had a similar consistency was maybe the Noor 2000 which I scored years ago from Coffeeshop Tweede Kammer. Also got a hash called "So Mango" from Coffeeshop Siberie this trip that has also that sticky grainy consistency (review will follow) so maybe there are more hashes of that type out there atm. The smell of the Gorilla Glue Ice is pretty special... kind of fresh skunky floral smell which reminds me a bit of a strain called "Euforia" which I smoked many years ago. So it smells pretty nice but this smell is pretty new to me in hash... so together with this super sticky black grainy consistency it makes me a little thoughtful as how they produce such hash :?

The Effect was pretty light for a hash with 89,9% THC... it gives a good sativa high but not like you would think when you smoke something with that high THC content :? these test results of coffeeshop gear are pretty unusable even more with hashes. There are hashes "tested" with more than 60% THC but when you smoke them it isn´t as strong usually. Does that come from the test procedure? so wrong results or we are just used to smoke hashes with such a high content that we didn´t realize the effects anymore? :lol:

2rare2die
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon 18th Apr 2016 09:38 am

Re: Relax (Amsterdam)

Post by 2rare2die » Wed 12th Jun 2019 12:27 am

Marok21 wrote:
Mon 10th Jun 2019 01:47 pm
. So it smells pretty nice but
The Effect was pretty light for a hash with 89,9% THC... it gives a good sativa high but not like you would think when you smoke something with that high THC content :? these test results of coffeeshop gear are pretty unusable even more with hashes. There are hashes "tested" with more than 60% THC but when you smoke them it isn´t as strong usually. Does that come from the test procedure? so wrong results or we are just used to smoke hashes with such a high content that we didn´t realize the effects anymore? :lol:
Test results are sometimes just a joke :D Hash doesn't feel so strong what you would expect from high THC% because there is so much CBD in it and it evens effect a lot. Usually if i smoke lots of hash for a long time, after that weed doesn't work like it should for a while, i think it's because of high amounts of CBD in my body left from hash. And sometimes when i smoke lots of good weed, hash doesn't give me enough strong high because i've used to low CBD/THC ratio from flower. In hash there can be example; 40% THC and 1% CBD VS. weed 20% THC and 0.01% CBD. That THC/CBD ratio makes big difference!

kalima
Posts: 122
Joined: Fri 23rd Sep 2016 11:27 am

Re: Relax (Amsterdam)

Post by kalima » Wed 12th Jun 2019 01:01 pm

Marok21 wrote:
Mon 10th Jun 2019 01:47 pm
First I wanted to try 1e Hulps Miss USA hash but it wasn´t in stock atm so I decide to went down the Marnixstraat in direction to Coffeeshop Siberie... on my way I walked into a few shops like Funky Munkey which had also some decent looking hashes... Coffeeshop Bronx had still the same menu since years... Coffeeshop T Keteltje, Coffeeshop 137...

I also passed Coffeeshop Relax were I never been before but I remembered their Gorilla Glue Ice hash (14€/g) that I saw listed on their menu with 89,9% THC and 0 CBD :? :shock: so I wanted to give it a try.

Gorilla Glue Ice hash (14€/g) - Very dark sticky nearly black hash. The consistency is pretty grainy and sticky... I didn´t saw hashes of that consistency over the last year... the last hash I got that had a similar consistency was maybe the Noor 2000 which I scored years ago from Coffeeshop Tweede Kammer. Also got a hash called "So Mango" from Coffeeshop Siberie this trip that has also that sticky grainy consistency (review will follow) so maybe there are more hashes of that type out there atm. The smell of the Gorilla Glue Ice is pretty special... kind of fresh skunky floral smell which reminds me a bit of a strain called "Euforia" which I smoked many years ago. So it smells pretty nice but this smell is pretty new to me in hash... so together with this super sticky black grainy consistency it makes me a little thoughtful as how they produce such hash :?

The Effect was pretty light for a hash with 89,9% THC... it gives a good sativa high but not like you would think when you smoke something with that high THC content :? these test results of coffeeshop gear are pretty unusable even more with hashes. There are hashes "tested" with more than 60% THC but when you smoke them it isn´t as strong usually. Does that come from the test procedure? so wrong results or we are just used to smoke hashes with such a high content that we didn´t realize the effects anymore? :lol:
I think when distillate is coming in at 76-86% I can't see hash having that high amount of THC, even ice hash, but I am no expert on the subject, so happy to be corrected on this :) , but I think it is a case off some places claiming over the top Lebel. with the distillate, I find 3-4 pulls and you really feel it, so if the hash was that high, I am sure even amnestying experienced smoker like you would have felt it. now maybe the CBD levels make the difference as 2rare2die talked about , I don't know enough on this, but I still think if it was as strong as they say, you should feel it :wink: :mrgreen:

CopenhagenCouple
Posts: 1179
Joined: Thu 14th Jul 2016 10:49 am
Location: Take a wild guess...

Re: Relax (Amsterdam)

Post by CopenhagenCouple » Wed 12th Jun 2019 06:35 pm

It is most certainly BS, even if the rest was CBD something above 80% THC will fuck you up! Looooong time hash smokers here who have also sampled a lot of the top shelf concentrates, and there is no discussion whatsoever, it is complete BS when shops state that hash is 80+ or even 60+%...

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:

Xplore
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue 8th Jun 2010 06:38 pm

Re: Relax (Amsterdam)

Post by Xplore » Wed 12th Jun 2019 10:14 pm

Completely impossible :) If someone managed to make that percentage of THC available in coffeeshopgear (pricewise) it would be a multimillionaire beyond limits haha. Too bad a shops advertise this kind of bullshit, either for the customers and for the law...

2rare2die
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon 18th Apr 2016 09:38 am

Re: Relax (Amsterdam)

Post by 2rare2die » Thu 13th Jun 2019 09:06 am

CopenhagenCouple wrote:
Wed 12th Jun 2019 06:35 pm
It is most certainly BS, even if the rest was CBD something above 80% THC will fuck you up! Looooong time hash smokers here who have also sampled a lot of the top shelf concentrates, and there is no discussion whatsoever, it is complete BS when shops state that hash is 80+ or even 60+%...

CC
60% is possible, have to be lucky to find that good batch in a CS but it's possible. 80+% has to be almost solvent because there can't be much plant material left if it's almost completely cannabinoids.


User avatar
DeLekkersteNUGS16
Posts: 1274
Joined: Tue 2nd Jun 2015 08:49 pm

Re: Relax (Amsterdam)

Post by DeLekkersteNUGS16 » Thu 13th Jun 2019 11:02 am

Yeah still don't buy that. Test results can be bought and/or fudged, or the piece of paper handily doctored. I work in the organic foodstuffs industry, I've seen it happen before with that (something fully legal), mind something that still exists in a grey area in this country, don't for a second believe everything you read!

User avatar
OneHighMofo
Posts: 1699
Joined: Wed 25th Feb 2015 06:04 pm

Re: Relax (Amsterdam)

Post by OneHighMofo » Thu 13th Jun 2019 11:27 am

kalima wrote:
Wed 12th Jun 2019 01:01 pm
I think when distillate is coming in at 76-86% I can't see hash having that high amount of THC,
Slightly off topic but....
Eeek. Distillate shoud be 100% pure. Which begs the question: what's the other 25% in what you're (hopefully not) consuming Kalima?
distillation
/ˌdɪstɪˈleɪʃn/
noun: distillation; plural noun: distillations

1.
the action of purifying a liquid by a process of heating and cooling.
"the petroleum distillation process"
Distillation is the devil incarnate as far as I'm concered. Dubious quality material (I've heard some real horror stories about pesticide ridden material or product literally being scraped up off trim room floors and 'purified') that's stripped of the synergistic compunds which make Cannabis enjoyable, re-combined with syntetic terpenes for inhalation by a mass-market that doesn't know any better. If it looks clean (clear) it must be.... right?
Gah. Another own-goal for the industry driven by commercial gain. Thanks again uncle Sam.

Back on topic. Testing. Yeah almost entirely bullshit unless it's done under lab conditions (and by that I mean the grow - not just the test).
Hash at 60%+ THC is certainly achievable, but not with the methods emplyed in traditional proiducing countries. A good ice water extraction will get up to those levels. Above 80%? Sure it's possible. If you're willing to turn a pound of flower into just a few grams of dry-sift.
Let's just say I have ZERO confidence in Amsterdam coffeeshops ever seeing hash of that kind of quality.

kalima
Posts: 122
Joined: Fri 23rd Sep 2016 11:27 am

Re: Relax (Amsterdam)

Post by kalima » Thu 13th Jun 2019 01:28 pm

OneHighMofo wrote:
Thu 13th Jun 2019 11:27 am
kalima wrote:
Wed 12th Jun 2019 01:01 pm
I think when distillate is coming in at 76-86% I can't see hash having that high amount of THC,
Slightly off topic but....
Eeek. Distillate shoud be 100% pure. Which begs the question: what's the other 25% in what you're (hopefully not) consuming Kalima?
distillation
/ˌdɪstɪˈleɪʃn/
noun: distillation; plural noun: distillations

1.
the action of purifying a liquid by a process of heating and cooling.
"the petroleum distillation process"
Distillation is the devil incarnate as far as I'm concered. Dubious quality material (I've heard some real horror stories about pesticide ridden material or product literally being scraped up off trim room floors and 'purified') that's stripped of the synergistic compunds which make Cannabis enjoyable, re-combined with syntetic terpenes for inhalation by a mass-market that doesn't know any better. If it looks clean (clear) it must be.... right?
Gah. Another own-goal for the industry driven by commercial gain. Thanks again uncle Sam.

Back on topic. Testing. Yeah almost entirely bullshit unless it's done under lab conditions (and by that I mean the grow - not just the test).
Hash at 60%+ THC is certainly achievable, but not with the methods emplyed in traditional proiducing countries. A good ice water extraction will get up to those levels. Above 80%? Sure it's possible. If you're willing to turn a pound of flower into just a few grams of dry-sift.
Let's just say I have ZERO confidence in Amsterdam coffeeshops ever seeing hash of that kind of quality.
maybe I am using the wrong description but the distillate or vape pen carts say between 76-86% THC ,I tried to up load a picture but it was too large from king pin and brass knuckles say the strongest is 90%

CopenhagenCouple
Posts: 1179
Joined: Thu 14th Jul 2016 10:49 am
Location: Take a wild guess...

Re: Relax (Amsterdam)

Post by CopenhagenCouple » Thu 13th Jun 2019 03:18 pm

OneHighMofo wrote:
Thu 13th Jun 2019 11:27 am
kalima wrote:
Wed 12th Jun 2019 01:01 pm
I think when distillate is coming in at 76-86% I can't see hash having that high amount of THC,
Slightly off topic but....
Eeek. Distillate shoud be 100% pure. Which begs the question: what's the other 25% in what you're (hopefully not) consuming Kalima?
distillation
/ˌdɪstɪˈleɪʃn/
noun: distillation; plural noun: distillations

1.
the action of purifying a liquid by a process of heating and cooling.
"the petroleum distillation process"
I'm sorry to be difficult here, but that is a misinterpretation / representation of what is achieved by a distillation process. It is true, as per the definition, that it is a process of purification, but not isolation. I could go in to the details of why it is so (difficulty in controlling process variables, difficulty in securing homogeneous feed-stock , geometry of distillation columns etc.), but without having to be too specific it is hardly ever feasible to distill to concentration much above 80-something.

Even in the process petroleum distillation in refinery ISOM units, there are some variations in hydrocarbon chain length etc. in the final cuts, and many of these have to adhere to very strict standards (e.g. fuel specs.). 100 % purity of any substance, or even close to that, is actually quite hard to achieve by physical processes (and in many cases also e.g. chemical separation processes) and very, very rarely feasible to go for.

2rare2die wrote:
Thu 13th Jun 2019 09:06 am

60% is possible, have to be lucky to find that good batch in a CS but it's possible. 80+% has to be almost solvent because there can't be much plant material left if it's almost completely cannabinoids.

Silvio is a really nice guy and we are fans of the Stud, but that being said the reported strength of their hashes is fucking ridiculous. BHO butter and similar products will not be far off of that concentration of THC (especially the claimed concentration of total active THC).

It really simple if you've ever have consumed a lot of both types (our experience specifically includes all the hashes The Stud have on that special part of their menu as of last autumn) and have eyes of your own. There is a massive difference in the amount of particulate ("plant") matter and other "cannabis diluting elements " left in any dry sift hash, even the very best samples out there, it quite easy to spot either with your naked eye or using a microscope. The same does not apply for concentrates, especially for winterized finishes where the wax and other lipids have been removed.
OneHighMofo wrote:
Thu 13th Jun 2019 11:27 am
Back on topic. Testing. Yeah almost entirely bullshit unless it's done under lab conditions (and by that I mean the grow - not just the test).
Hash at 60%+ THC is certainly achievable, but not with the methods emplyed in traditional proiducing countries. A good ice water extraction will get up to those levels. Above 80%? Sure it's possible. If you're willing to turn a pound of flower into just a few grams of dry-sift.
With that level of certainty, I suspect you may have some source material for us to take a look at. From a process point of view it would be extremely hard and infeasible to say the least to achieve that kind of purity by mechanical filtration, even when using IWE approaches, you'd really have to apply a fine mesh / bag to achieve concentrations much above 50 % of THC (keeping in mind that there'll be a host of other cannabinoids and terpenes also in the product). But please do share if you've got information to counter this assumption...

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:

User avatar
OneHighMofo
Posts: 1699
Joined: Wed 25th Feb 2015 06:04 pm

Re: Relax (Amsterdam)

Post by OneHighMofo » Thu 13th Jun 2019 04:45 pm

With regards distillate:
CopenhagenCouple wrote:
Thu 13th Jun 2019 03:18 pm
I'm sorry to be difficult here, but that is a misinterpretation / representation of what is achieved by a distillation process. It is true, as per the definition, that it is a process of purification, but not isolation.
No need to apologise. I'm certainly no expert so appreciate the input.
I'm pretty sure that cannabinoid isolation through short-path distillation is both feasible and indeed in commcercial practice - although I don't have any concrete evidence of that and can't be sure that all distillate is indeed made to that specification. Either through ineptitude - or indeed strategically.
I can be sure that the manufacturers of such devices certainly seem to think it's possible to go beyond the 80% levels you cite:
4. What level of purity is expected with the Pope stills?

It depends on the quality and composition of the feed material, factors going back to the original plant strains plus all subsequent handling and processing prior to distillation. Often, extracted material prior to distillation is in a range of 55-70% cannabinoid, and it is typical to distill this up to a range from 85-90+%, with up to 96% being reported. In addition to increased percentage purity, the product is significantly lighter yellow in color, with high clarity.
Source

With regards IWE
CopenhagenCouple wrote:
Thu 13th Jun 2019 03:18 pm
With that level of certainty, I suspect you may have some source material for us to take a look at. From a process point of view it would be extremely hard and infeasible to say the least to achieve that kind of purity by mechanical filtration, even when using IWE approaches, you'd really have to apply a fine mesh / bag to achieve concentrations much above 50 % of THC (keeping in mind that there'll be a host of other cannabinoids and terpenes also in the product). But please do share if you've got information to counter this assumption...

CC
Steep Hill or SC Labs (can't remember which and it seems they've stopped - or at least I can't find it with a cursory search) used to publish all of their test results publically. It was interesting reading. You'd regularly see IWE's exceed the 50% mark (and BHO's fail to reach the same level - which is why I suspect they've stopped publishing!), the highest IWE test I ever saw was in the 70% range.

Now - innaccuracies (primarily my concern is a lack ofconsistency and tiny sample size across the whole plant) of the testing procedure aside, the single sample taken is pretty accurate as I understand it (+/- 1-2% I beleive). From the more professional/commercial grade labs at least. So the test results I've seen would corroborate the info on IWE potency you'll find elsewhere with a Google search (50-80% is generally the accepted 'wisdom').

Personally I've seen IWE made in front of my very eyes that when dabbed - the higher grades 70-90u would leave little to no visible residue on the nail. I was never able to acheive those results personally (althoguh following said demonstration I now know why). But I've seen many more videos of what the US community likes to call 6* IWE that leaves little to no residue - only a very thin clear film; not even approaching 10% of the initial (generous for filmic reasons of course) dab size.

With dry-sift. It's possible with well documented photographic evidence to acheive a visible (under micrsoscope) 99% extraction of pure trichome heads and stalks (with some visible specs of plant material sure) cleaned using 'static-tech'. The only real concentration of 'contaminants' in that particular concentrate would be the plant fats, lipids and waxes that make up the trichome head itself.
I don't ever recall seeing any sift of that quality on the public test results. Probably due to the fact that you'd need to submit half of your stash (made from a pound of flower) for some VERY expensive and almost totally uneccesassary testing.

EDIT:
CC - it also struck me that it's not entirely necessary to use distillation to achieve isolation.

The current extract trend 'diamonds' or 'sauce' typically characterised by crystillate cannabinoids either isolated and 'dry' or swimming in terpenes, can now be made with BHO or Rosin (typically made from IWE fresh frozen and freeze-dried at the point of harvest for minimum contaminaton of plant-material).

A chemist friend of mine remarked that it was inconceivable for the different cannabinoids to crystallise together, so it seems it's actually possible to achieve a reasonably pure degree of 'mechancial seperation' using heat, pressure and time alone. Of course the crystal cannabinoid fraction is contaminated by the terpene fraction to some degree.

User avatar
Marok21
Posts: 1334
Joined: Wed 28th May 2008 12:20 pm
Location: who knows?

Re: Relax (Amsterdam)

Post by Marok21 » Thu 13th Jun 2019 07:58 pm

It´s BS for sure :lol: also the other items on their menu are listed with a too high THC content. Their Super Polm for example is listed with 50% THC or Lemon Haze Block with 81,29% THC :lol: :lol:

Well like said many times before I don´t trust those Coffeeshop lab test results in general... well some test results are more accurate than others... Toermalijn in Tilburg for example is one of the shops that makes it pretty good... well it´s not 100% right everytime and especially with the different batches but they also had weed tested only with 7% THC and their quality gear has usually also a pretty low THC content compared to what you read on Amsterdam Coffeeshop menus.

Ok some of their hashes have also a pretty high THC content like their Tangie with around 50%... but here you really can feel that it´s strong! For example when I smoke it through a Bong I feel a warmth feeling inside my chest... I know that warmth feeling also from strong Ice O Lators... so I think thats because of that it has a high THC content. I noticed that hashes with a lower THC content have often a better taste than the batches with super high THC. Also the effect of that "weaker" hash is often more pleasant...

I know almost nothing about distillation of THC and so on... but I noticed that many of the hashes that are advertised with such crazy THC contents are often very sticky black hashes. El Guapo for example has usually no THC contents listed on the menu but one hash is listed with THC content... it´s their S5XGorilla Glue hash (13€/g)... on the menu it says that it has around 80% and it´s also a very black sticky hash. Perhaps they really use a different technique for that kind of "hashes". I remember an old budtender from Tweede Kammer who said also that this kind of black hashes is not good and he also said that he know what "they" do with it without explaining it in more detail :?
OneHighMofo wrote:
Thu 13th Jun 2019 11:27 am
Distillation is the devil incarnate as far as I'm concered. Dubious quality material (I've heard some real horror stories about pesticide ridden material or product literally being scraped up off trim room floors and 'purified') that's stripped of the synergistic compunds which make Cannabis enjoyable, re-combined with syntetic terpenes for inhalation by a mass-market that doesn't know any better. If it looks clean (clear) it must be.... right?
Gah. Another own-goal for the industry driven by commercial gain. Thanks again uncle Sam.


Maybe they use a kind of shitty distillation or something like that...

I smoked more of their Gorilla hash now and I am still pretty disappointed... well it has really no effect on the body but the effect for the head is also pretty weak in my opinion :? The shop would say for sure that it´s because of the high THC content and no CBD... so you are so high that you do not realize that you are high :lol: :lol:

Rafiki
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon 27th May 2019 12:20 pm

Post by Rafiki » Thu 22nd Aug 2019 07:30 am

.
Last edited by Rafiki on Mon 9th Sep 2019 12:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Rafiki
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon 27th May 2019 12:20 pm

Post by Rafiki » Thu 22nd Aug 2019 07:30 am

.
Last edited by Rafiki on Mon 9th Sep 2019 12:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post Reply

Return to “Coffeeshop Reviews”