Terps Army (El Guapo)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate El Guapo

I like El Guapo
90%
I don't like El Guapo
10%

Total votes: 30

OneHighMofo

Re: El Guapo

Post by OneHighMofo »

You can expect 5 to 10% return at the very most from absolutely top quality flower for static tech dry sift.
So if this is (anywhere approaching) top quality sift then it certainly warrants the price tag ( when considering the price of a gram at retail in Amsterdam) as you’d need 10-20g or starting material and a significant investment of time.

kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 08:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

My guess would be that It’s been made from a crop that was seeded by mistake.
If that was top quality sift, then it would actually be quite a realistic price. Given that it’s ‘only’ €120p/g and therefore no more expensive than the flower it was produced from - it begs the question: why Spend the extra time processing it?

edit: From recent and long-standing experience - there's no chance at all of getting a gram of even lowest quality sift from 10-15g of even the highest quality trim. You'd need an ounce or more of dry trim to produce a gram of sift, then in using static tech to refine it further you'd remove over 50% of that material if not more.
Last edited by OneHighMofo on Mon 18th Nov 2019 04:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

As much as it’s waaay over what it should be I don’t think it’s as much of a rip off as you’re making out.
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

kingbee wrote: Mon 18th Nov 2019 05:26 pm To put this into perspective, I could go to Morocco and buy 86g/3.07 Ounces of the following hash (bought in clean powder form, with the potential to refine further), or I could go to CS Guapo in A'dam and buy One measly gram of this stuff...

- I know which I'd rather do..!! :)

I sell mobile phone chargers for £15, you can buy the same cable in China for £2.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

When I saw the price of it on the menu I also thought what a rip off... and it still feels like a rip off :lol: but as said before if it´s
really some high grade static hash it could be "worth" the price just if you look at the prices of weed (in the coffeeshops) and how much weed you need to make it... but on the other hand personaly I would never spend so much money for it.

Well I never tried that kind of hashes and I saw some damn nice examples in videos from Bubbleman for example like nearly 100% glanheads :mrgreen: and I saw how much weed he needed to get only a little bit of that stuff (and well you also have to calculate the work to produce it)... but in my opinion it is not easy to sell that kind of product in the "comercial market" like in nl in coffeeshops. I mean if I would grow and have a lot of material than I would try to make some of that stuff on my own for sure :mrgreen: :mrgreen: but to pay 120€ for a gram in a coffeeshop feels wrong to me...
kingbee wrote: Mon 18th Nov 2019 05:26 pm To put this into perspective, I could go to Morocco and buy 86g/3.07 Ounces of the following hash (bought in clean powder form, with the potential to refine further), or I could go to CS Guapo in A'dam and buy One measly gram of this stuff...

Well I would also go for the 86g for sure :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
but the best would be when they continue pushing ahead new hash making technologies in morocco and try to perfect the process especially for large quantities... like static tech and so on... so we would have some damn clean static filtered hash for a much much better price :mrgreen:
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

Marok21 wrote: Mon 18th Nov 2019 10:42 pm When I saw the price of it on the menu I also thought what a rip off... and it still feels like a rip off :lol: but as said before if it´s
really some high grade static hash it could be "worth" the price just if you look at the prices of weed (in the coffeeshops) and how much weed you need to make it... but on the other hand personaly I would never spend so much money for it.

Well I never tried that kind of hashes and I saw some damn nice examples in videos from Bubbleman for example like nearly 100% glanheads :mrgreen: and I saw how much weed he needed to get only a little bit of that stuff (and well you also have to calculate the work to produce it)... but in my opinion it is not easy to sell that kind of product in the "comercial market" like in nl in coffeeshops. I mean if I would grow and have a lot of material than I would try to make some of that stuff on my own for sure :mrgreen: :mrgreen: but to pay 120€ for a gram in a coffeeshop feels wrong to me...

Well I would also go for the 86g for sure :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
but the best would be when they continue pushing ahead new hash making technologies in morocco and try to perfect the process especially for large quantities... like static tech and so on... so we would have some damn clean static filtered hash for a much much better price :mrgreen:
Basically what I’m saying but in much better English :lol:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

DjShaggy wrote: Mon 18th Nov 2019 11:05 pm Basically what I’m saying but in much better English
:oops: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 08:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

kingbee wrote: Tue 19th Nov 2019 09:21 am

I sell mobile phone chargers for £15, you can buy the same cable in China for £2.
That's not a comparable example, because it would cost a fortune to get a return flight to China, whereas a return flight to Morocco is the same price from the UK as going to Amsterdam!
Yes but the point is it’s a totally different economy. There is no point comparing prices between the Uk and China or Amsterdam and Morocco, totally different places laws and way of life
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 08:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

kingbee wrote: Tue 19th Nov 2019 10:00 am
DjShaggy wrote: Tue 19th Nov 2019 09:43 am
kingbee wrote: Tue 19th Nov 2019 09:21 am

That's not a comparable example, because it would cost a fortune to get a return flight to China, whereas a return flight to Morocco is the same price from the UK as going to Amsterdam!
Yes but the point is it’s a totally different economy. There is no point comparing prices between the Uk and China or Amsterdam and Morocco, totally different places laws and way of life
This site is about stoner holidays mainly, and going to a foreign country to smoke hash & herb - as a tourist, I have the option of getting on a plane for the same price to go to Morocco or the Netherlands, and when I get there, I want to smoke and get high. It seems exactly the same situation as a tourist and user of this forum to me, and about the law, cannabis is highly illegal in Morocco and even getting caught with a small quantity will land you in jail, whereas cannabis is decriminalised in the Netherlands, so it should naturally be cheaper there than another 1st-world country where it is illegal.
well, the site is actually about coffeeshops in Amsterdam if you want to be pedantic, however the forum is really just a bunch of pot heads talking about dope (a good thing btw)

You talk about the price in legal vs illegal places, I can just about decipher you believe the price in Amsterdam where it is (kinda) legal should be cheaper yet we all know this isn’t the case, weed in Amsterdam is more expensive than anywhere else I’ve been and I’m not the only person who says that. I’ve never been to Morocco however I’m told that hash there is dirt cheap.