Terps Army (El Guapo)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate El Guapo

I like El Guapo
90%
I don't like El Guapo
10%

Total votes: 30

Boner

Post by Boner »

One of my new favourites, the Northern Lights I picked up was a pretty good, the decor is pretty cool the Mrs liked the Geckos:

Just like Arnie - "I'll be back"

Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
godhed

Post by godhed »

Went to El Guapo last year at this time. The place was empty so I went in, got a coffee and sat down to smoke some smoke I'd bought elsewhere. While I was there a friend of the owner came in and the owner started complaining to him about his life and how his girlfriend had his kid and then left him. It was a real downer. When the owner told his friend that he was so depressed he was smoking four grams of hash a day his friend said smoking dope was for losers. At that point I gathered my belongings, stood up and left the shop. The owner WAS a loser because he just lost a customer. What about all the people getting drunk in the bars? Aren't they losers? I don't come to Amsterdam to be persecuted for smoking cannabis. I can get that back home where it's illegal. Thumbs down for El Crappo.
treetop

Re:

Post by treetop »

godhed wrote:Went to El Guapo last year at this time. The place was empty so I went in, got a coffee and sat down to smoke some smoke I'd bought elsewhere. While I was there a friend of the owner came in and the owner started complaining to him about his life and how his girlfriend had his kid and then left him. It was a real downer. When the owner told his friend that he was so depressed he was smoking four grams of hash a day his friend said smoking dope was for losers. At that point I gathered my belongings, stood up and left the shop. The owner WAS a loser because he just lost a customer. What about all the people getting drunk in the bars? Aren't they losers? I don't come to Amsterdam to be persecuted for smoking cannabis. I can get that back home where it's illegal. Thumbs down for El Crappo.
I don't understand what anyone did or said wrong here? Some guy in a coffeeshop says dope is for losers so the coffeeshop is no good? The owner is smoking 4g a day so you are offended by that? I can't see what the issue is here.

Looks like a nice little place tucked away close by Dam Square.
How much did you produce?
DRA

Re: El Guapo

Post by DRA »

I'll be returning to Amsterdam in April and I will be visiting El Guapo again!
Party On! Light Up the Night!
DRA

Post by DRA »

Shaggy

Post by Shaggy »

I didn't think coffeeshops's were allowed to directly refer to their 'products' like this? First time I've actually seen a menu included on a website since the restricted advertising rules came into place. I think they might have to be a bit careful about this tbh. Mind you, it looks as if they've been doing this for some time, judging from earlier comments on this thread, so what do I know?

That said, it looks a pretty nice, chilled place to me, judging from the videoclip. :) I might give it a try next time I'm there.
DRA

Post by DRA »

I visited this ccoffeeshop today, only the second time ever with the first time being in 2009. I was a little surprised to see that the whole shop had been completely redsigned with a sleek modern motif with natural surfaces. I asked and found that the shop was now under new management which was responsible for 4 other shops further outside of the centrum, including the Noon and Mellow Yellow.
StillSmokin

Post by StillSmokin »

Went to El Guapo after being given a nice hint that their hash is good and at a very reasonable price from a very well informed local :wink:

Only tried the Kashmir Hash and Sleaze Weed (Diesel x LA Conf), Kashmir tasted clean, and the Sleaze was very tasty... will be going back to sample more.
Adamster

Post by Adamster »

Are they still open? Know Betty boob closed n pretty much were neighbours ....
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

Adamster wrote:Are they still open? Know Betty boob closed n pretty much were neighbours ....
yup

kinda pricey , but good stuff
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I never was here before... walked a few times past the shop but never went in :lol: I heard that they are owned by the same
people as Mellow Yellow, Prix d'ami and Noon. Saw some interesting hashes from them on the web so I tried to get one
of these 8)

When I walked into the door I felt like everybody was looking on me and nobody said a word :lol: there was a bigger group
of arabic youngsters inside the shop. I went directly to the dealer... asked for an advice for some nice tasty import hash. The
friendly dealer showed me the Honey Hash (10€/g) wich looked pretty nice... a blonde sweet smelling polm. I get a little bit of that and left the shop... there was no nice vibe at this time... I understand a little bit dutch and noticed that the youngsters was talking shit like look at that tourist bla bla :? :lol:

The Honey Hash looked and smelled pretty good... but after I took a closer look I noticed that it is only average quality (looked better than it was). Not bad but nothing to write about... the effect is pretty mellow relaxing... if you know that you can get hash like the King Hassan for 6€/g from Tweede that Honey Hash from El Guapo looks pretty poor.
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

Just went through a load of pics from this instagram account https://www.instagram.com/amsterdamweed/ and they highly rate El Guapo, some of the pics look good e.g purple kosher. Anyone have any recent experiences here?
http://www.youtube.com/user/HinduDeathCabbage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tinky

Post by tinky »

pengaldinho wrote:Just went through a load of pics from this instagram account https://www.instagram.com/amsterdamweed/ and they highly rate El Guapo, some of the pics look good e.g purple kosher. Anyone have any recent experiences here?

Had 2 groups of friends who have been to this C/s this year, All of them rated it highly with well cured strains the purple kosher and Knightsbridge OG were the standouts for them . Opens 6pm weekdays .
Bud tenders friendly made a call and sorted them shatter + waxes also
DedsOne

Post by DedsOne »

pengaldinho wrote:Just went through a load of pics from this instagram account https://www.instagram.com/amsterdamweed/ and they highly rate El Guapo, some of the pics look good e.g purple kosher. Anyone have any recent experiences here?

Amsterdamweed aka DJ leee is an budtender in El Guapo
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

place was opened really early
purplekosher overpriced but didnt care as i was thankful i could sit somewhere after the sesh lol

could have been grown a bit better but still good weed
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke