Terps Army (El Guapo)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate El Guapo

I like El Guapo
90%
I don't like El Guapo
10%

Total votes: 30

kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 08:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DjShaggy

Re: El Guapo

Post by DjShaggy »

I got as far as you blaming the Italians for Dutch greed.
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

@kingbee agreed. The pricing situation in Amsterdam is more out of control than ever and you rightly point to the influx of tourists with lots of expendable income and a mistaken idea of what constitutes quality product coupled with the greed of shameless Dutch selfish capitalism that continues to inflate the price.
Nothing can be done at this point I’m afraid. I don’t see prices falling unless we see legal access across the continent as a whole and/or other countries allow for weed tourism so the consumer has more choice.

And I’m as guilty of paying above a sensible price as the next tourist I’m afraid.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Yeah I don't see coffeeshop prices going down.

That said, for non-CS sources, aside from Spain, I think weed in NL is cheaper than most places - at least in Europe - if you know where to look. It's certainly cheaper and better quality than you find in places like Germany or Italy among others. Though again, for quality and price across the board I think only Spain and the UK even come close to competing. The rest of the "market" weed around the continent is by and large even more dogshit than coffeeshop weed, and that plays a large role in the coffeeshop's ability to keep raising prices unabated. Access to consistently good (or even decent) "market" weed (re: not growing your own, or being close with seasoned growers) is a very rare thing the world over, pretty much in tiers it's.

Tier-I
North America

Tier-II
UK/Spain/NL

And the rest are all shaky at best after that (maybe Australia or NZ would have some good stuff, idk).
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 08:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FODSmith

Post by FODSmith »

I am in London. Buying something to smoke is not difficult. Quality, however, can be a matter of luck. Even when it's good, there's not always much of a choice. And I've been lucky to have a variety of sources, even after I lost two of the best over the past year. But it all gets rather tiresome, and would be more so if I devoted even more time to what should be as simple as shopping.

So every so often I pop over to Mokum, enjoy the civilisation of choice and coffee, stock up on salted liquorice and return to these uncivilised shores to my daily routine. Yes, I know things aren't what they were in the day of the guilder, or even as recently as a decade ago, but there's still reasonably priced variety about, particularly for hash. And the city hasn't lost all its magic. Though I've yet to make a purchase in El Guapo, and don't suppose I ever will.
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 08:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WLow

Post by WLow »

I am just keeping up with the thread right now, 120€ seems really steep damn, i know it would be expensive.
1eHulp buyed it last time it was on the market.

it sure is crazy prices but who would do this to sell it ? me not, some private reserve shit :mrgreen:
all the blocks you want amsterdam :D
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for El Guapo dated January 18, 2020. Kudos to Amy.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/El%20Gua ... Guapo.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

Never been here, kinda got the impression it was a bit pricey. That being said I saw their gg4xS5 hash on IG the other day and it piqued my interest. I like the sound of those genetics and €12 seems reasonable enough. 81% though is that even real :D anyone tried it?
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

HitTheNorth wrote: Sun 19th Jan 2020 10:18 am Never been here, kinda got the impression it was a bit pricey. That being said I saw their gg4xS5 hash on IG the other day and it piqued my interest. I like the sound of those genetics and €12 seems reasonable enough. 81% though is that even real anyone tried it?
I tried a hash from them called Gorilla Glue Ice (15€/g) one or two years back that was sold in a plastic container with a sticker where it was written "Gorilla Glue x S5". So I am not sure if it´s the same... while from the look it seems to be pretty similar but that doesn't have to mean anything :lol:

It was pretty good but 15€/g was a bit too much in my opinion. 12€ sounds much better but I am carefull with that dark sticky hashes advertised with such super high THC content now. There is some black dark sticky hash around in a few coffeeshops by which it seems to be something wrong with it. In contrast to good quality sticky hash this stuff is very wet to me. There is too much moisture in it... it also smells very strong and kind of not natural... very overpowered smell. Furthermore it is black from the in- and outside and only bubble a little when touched by the flame. Personaly I had that kind of hash from Coffeeshop Relax sold as "Gorilla Glue Ice" also advertiesed with more than 80% THC.

The "Gorilla Glue Ice" from El Guapo that I tried in the past looked/smoked pretty natural to me so... but that they say it has more than 80% THC reminds me a bit of that bad example :? I would take a look/smell on it before buying and if there is anything strange on it (especially smell) don´t buy it :D
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

Marok21 wrote: Sun 19th Jan 2020 05:10 pm
HitTheNorth wrote: Sun 19th Jan 2020 10:18 am Never been here, kinda got the impression it was a bit pricey. That being said I saw their gg4xS5 hash on IG the other day and it piqued my interest. I like the sound of those genetics and €12 seems reasonable enough. 81% though is that even real anyone tried it?
I tried a hash from them called Gorilla Glue Ice (15€/g) one or two years back that was sold in a plastic container with a sticker where it was written "Gorilla Glue x S5". So I am not sure if it´s the same... while from the look it seems to be pretty similar but that doesn't have to mean anything :lol:

It was pretty good but 15€/g was a bit too much in my opinion. 12€ sounds much better but I am carefull with that dark sticky hashes advertised with such super high THC content now. There is some black dark sticky hash around in a few coffeeshops by which it seems to be something wrong with it. In contrast to good quality sticky hash this stuff is very wet to me. There is too much moisture in it... it also smells very strong and kind of not natural... very overpowered smell. Furthermore it is black from the in- and outside and only bubble a little when touched by the flame. Personaly I had that kind of hash from Coffeeshop Relax sold as "Gorilla Glue Ice" also advertiesed with more than 80% THC.

The "Gorilla Glue Ice" from El Guapo that I tried in the past looked/smoked pretty natural to me so... but that they say it has more than 80% THC reminds me a bit of that bad example :? I would take a look/smell on it before buying and if there is anything strange on it (especially smell) don´t buy it :D
Thanks Marok21 I’d prefer not to work with these gooey hashes as I’ll have no fridge, plus those content level claims do raise a little suspicion in my mind. I would like to try a nice S5 hash as I do like the flower. Sure I’ve seen one somewhere else
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

In this morning a lot of the weed tubs were low but managed to find a nice bud of enemy of the state and a g of house special hash a harder Maroc that bubbles well when touched by flame yet to smoke
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I went here because I still was looking for some "high quality" newschool indica hash... most hashes of that type I was looking for from other coffeeshops were sold out or there was nothing on the menu that catched really my eye.
The coffeeshop was pretty empty when I arrived. I asked the friendly moroccan budtender for a recommendation for some newschool indica hash and he showed me directly his Gorilla Glue hash (15€/g) unfortunately they only had a bit left but better than nothing and finally it wasn´t that little :D

Gorilla Glue hash (15€/g) - Pretty blonde sticky smelly hash. Smells pretty fresh of the used genetics and has a really nice consistency :D Bubbles nicely when touched by the flame. The Taste is also pretty good while it isn´t the most tastiest hash I ever had but it´s very enjoyable.The effect is pretty strong and mostly indica.
Overall pretty nice very fresh piece of hash with an effect I was looking for :D

By the way I also spotted some high priced trad. moroccan hash called Diamond (18€/g) on their menu but I didn´t checked it... probably similar to the other high priced moroccan blonde moroccan hashes that I saw on many coffeeshop menus in the last months... but I will take a look on it next time :D
Spanishbeldia

Post by Spanishbeldia »

I saw in your menu the diamond hash for € 18, why lately some traditional hash are so expensive?
Maybe it is a much higher quality I would like to try it

in July I tried their champagne hash for € 13 it was really tasty now I think the
price is € 15, will it be the same?