Terps Army (El Guapo)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate El Guapo

I like El Guapo
90%
I don't like El Guapo
10%

Total votes: 30

Marok21

Re: El Guapo

Post by Marok21 »

Spanishbeldia wrote: Fri 9th Oct 2020 02:02 pm I saw in your menu the diamond hash for € 18, why lately some traditional hash are so expensive?
Maybe it is a much higher quality I would like to try it
As I wrote here viewtopic.php?f=5&p=427847#p42784 I think that they as many coffeeshop increased their prices for moroccan hash while that Diamond will probably be new stuff made out of landrace genetics...

Nuggz

Terpz Army - Amsterdam

Post by Nuggz »

Apparently this has been more solidified and they'll be opening up shop at the location of (the now former) El Guapo.
RoMoney

Re: Terpz Army - Amsterdam

Post by RoMoney »

Far less traumatising news than when Plug took over Utopia, El Guapo is no loss.

I think it's another interesting step in the AMS x BCN crossover scene. I hope Boerejongens don't come to BCN, constant supply of Red Velvet Cakes would kill me :lol:

They now join Plug, Greenhouse, Bulldog and Relax, all with places in both locations!

Any idea when they open?
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
macky

Post by macky »

.? So the cookies club only sells cookies strains ?
Cookies is a business,so the others I guess :D How does the law work thought they where clubs ?
Has every thing been corrupted now big moneys to be had ? Who owns cookie club ,Coffeeshop ?
A couple guys from San Fran and some breeders have seed bank ,grow for Dispenserie in US .
There cutting deals with east coast dispensary’s to supply Gentics ,grow supply produce for them .
Have met one guy from there at a Canna event years back now .
It’s cookies all the time here now ,they got like 60 strains now 8)
Been learning a little bit about buying Gentics ,clones sometimes seed .
You think there seeds are pricey :lol:
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Are Cookies in Amsterdam as well? :shock: I think Berner, the rapper, owns it, or is a major shareholder. In the club in BCN, they sell proper Cookies packs with their strains, but they also have a menu of Spanish weed and new school genetics block hash. It's too hard to be a viable club unless you also sell stuff for the local market.

In terms of the clubs and the business side of it I'm not 100% sure how it works to be honest, but it's an industry and for sure people are making money from it, even though it's the club model. I'm sure there are smaller clubs that are run as actual collectives, but I still have a soft spot for the clubs. They're way more chilled than coffeeshops and you feel less like a customer :D even though you are :lol:
macky

Post by macky »

Thanks Romoney, Ya that’s the dude. Had little dab session with him years back 8)
As for CS cookies thought Nug,s mentioned then taking over one months back :mrgreen:
Marok21

Re: Terps Army (El Guapo)

Post by Marok21 »

RoMoney wrote: Thu 20th May 2021 12:02 am Are Cookies in Amsterdam as well?
macky wrote: Thu 20th May 2021 12:05 pm As for CS cookies thought Nug,s mentioned then taking over one months back
Yeah there were some indications that the company is also coming to Amsterdam like the new created Cookies Amsterdam insta acc with the last post "Coming soon" and the acc didn´t look like a fake one but I don´t heard any news about that :?

I went yesterday to the old El Guapo Coffeeshop to see whats going on with the renovations of the new "Terpz Army Coffeeshop" and surprisingly they opened on that day :mrgreen:

There was a queue in front of the coffeeshop and I had to wait 10 minutes to get in... I was a bit in a hurry and didn´t really inspect the coffeeshop but it´s much brighter now. The new counter is still in the back but bigger so that there can work more budtenders. It was possible to smoke inside but the place was packed and well the seats are pretty limited as before because of the small shop itself.

I saw on Instagram that "Audiokush" posted a current menu from them while it is a bit different to how the menu looked when I was there. On the posted menu are no hashes listed except "bubble hashes" but when I was there they had also a section for "dry hash" and "double filtered hash".
I think they were still working on the menu or they were sold out of all hashes except the bubble hash on the first day :lol:

Overall really nice menu especially for a hash lover :mrgreen: well no traditional hashes are on the menu but they had like 4 or 5 different double filtered hashes around 20€/g on the menu. Unfortunately I didn´t remember the names... but I tried their Lemon OG (19€/g) filtered hash because it was the advice of the super friendly budtender and it looks damn potent (review will follow).

Furthermore they had around 4 different "dry hashes" like "Ice Cream Cake" (10€/g), Blueberry (12€/g).

They also had 4 "bubble hashes" on the menu from 60-100€ :shock: while I am not sure if it´s really ice o lator or extracts like wax because it´s so damn expensive. For example: "Z Punch (100€/g)" :shock: "Banana OG (80€/g) :shock:

Also the weed menu looks very nice to me :D With strains like Sweets#21 (19€/g), OG 18 (19€/g), Kosher Kush (17€/g), Wedding Cake (13€/g), Strawberry Sour Diesel (14€/g)... and Amnesia (10€/g) as their cheapest option on the menu so the prices are not really cheap :? and 19€/g for OG#18 sounds way to high while it´s one of my personal favorites and maybe its a fire batch but again 19€/g is hard :?

They also have a "premium weed" section with all strains sold for 30€/g. With strains like Strawberry Shortcake, Runtz, Biscotti...

Overall my first impression was pretty good while only thing I didn´t like is the high prices but I can´t really say something about it because I didn´t tested that wares... personally I really like that they offer a "big" variety of "double filtered hashes" :mrgreen: Hopefully other coffeeshops will follow that example. There is so much high quality newschool hash around like for example in Barcelona but Amsterdam still lags a little behind :?
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

I'm really happy that despite all the restrictions and Nugs being in the USA, an ACD member made it to Terps to share a review.

Kudos Marok21! Your reviews have kept this place alive during the pandemic, danke sehr!

When you make it to BCN, you have a tour guide at your disposal, I think you'd enjoy a tour of the La Kalada hash menu! 8)
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

RoMoney wrote: Wed 9th Jun 2021 12:03 pm Kudos Marok21! Your reviews have kept this place alive during the pandemic, danke sehr!

When you make it to BCN, you have a tour guide at your disposal, I think you'd enjoy a tour of the La Kalada hash menu!
Thanks a lot :oops: :lol: If i had more free time i would write the reviews in more detail but I try my best :D

I would love to come to BCN! I still didn´t made it there :( I planed it twice but last year that damn Covid ruined everything :?
and before that I thought like well I can make it next year... but that Covid shit has shown us that freedom can be restricted
faster than you think. So enjoy life and the moment to the fullest 8)
Anyway BCN is at the top of my to do list :mrgreen: and it would be a great pleasure for me to meet you there :mrgreen:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Lemon OG Double filtered hash (19€/g) - On the day I got it it looked like a darker shiny more creamy piece of hash. It don´t was super pliable and needed a bit of handwarmth to get it really soft. The first look was pretty special and different to the "double filtered" hashes that I tried in the last times... it was stickier while I also noticed that it didn´t break so clear :? . I mean "clean" hashes usually break very clear when breaking the hash in to parts... if not it can be a sign of contaminations. When I bought it it didn´t smelled strong only very light of the used genetics... it bubbled very strong when touched by the flame as most "double filtered" hashes do... the effect is pretty stoned while it isn´t as strong as I hoped especially for that price. The Mimosa hash from Coffeeshop Grey Area can be compared with it in terms of effect in my opion and is 4€ cheaper a gram.

The funny thing is after a few days of storing it changed a lot :lol: It smells now much more than before and pretty natural of the used genetics. Also the texture isn´t so creamy anymore and reminds now more of the usual "double filtered" hashes that I know. Furthermore the hash has a clear break now :shock: :?: I don´t know where that comes from maybe it riped within the storing time or they added something to it :?:

Overall good hash (apart from the strange consistency at the beginning) but for 19€/g not special enough in my opinion. Well it´s very stony compared to the most "double filtered" hashes that I had but I got cheaper not "double filtered" hashes that had similar effect for a cheaper price. Also in terms of smell/taste it isn´t super special or tasty...

I will try some other hashes from their menu next time to get a more detailed picture of the hash quality there :mrgreen:
Tchukykush92

Post by Tchukykush92 »

hello Maroc21 can be a natural curing of hash remember to ask the seller if there has been a curing of fact. If not then do one if you can and the texture will change but above all the smell and the taste will be simply extraordinary
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Tchukykush92 wrote: Wed 23rd Jun 2021 12:06 am hello Maroc21 can be a natural curing of hash remember to ask the seller if there has been a curing of fact. If not then do one if you can and the texture will change but above all the smell and the taste will be simply extraordinary
I noticed that most of that "double filtered" hashes that I saw lately were pretty fresh... well they tasted/smelled pretty nice but when cured a bit more it gets usually even better and smoother to smoke. Also to repress a fresh hash by hand that it darken up and the oils come out make it often smoother to smoke.

Like u told I will ask the seller next time what hashes are cured... good idea while it´s hard to find any budtender that really knows his hash :roll: :?
texasxsmoker

Post by texasxsmoker »

Had the kosher kush, Z3, and the Gelonade. Whoever owns this shop is putting out quality. They also had some very expensive hash on the menu for around 90-100 euro. Friendly bud tenders who had good recommendations after what I wanted was a box of dust. Definitely check out this new shop.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Blueberry Drysift hash (13€/g) - It was the advice of the budtender for a dry sift hash. Pretty blonde looking piece of hash. Not crumbly more a creamy hash... it has a light pleasent natural smell of the used genetics. Bubbles strong when touched by the flame. Tastes well of the used genetics but not overly intense. Effect is good kind of hybrid and strong enough for me. Good one :mrgreen:

Gelato Filtered hash (18€/g) - Review will follow
Tchukykush92

Post by Tchukykush92 »

I did not smoke dry or x3 during my trip because I can easily find it in paris but more of the beldia type which reminds me of my youth and less easy to find because it goes quickly but happy to read your test marok21 big lover of hash like you your comments make me salivate even more when there is nothing to smoke