Tyson 2.0 (formerly Softland)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Softland

I like Softland
77%
I don't like Softland
23%

Total votes: 31

turdhead

Post by turdhead »

i liked this place personally

Comfy, cheapish internet access

friendly on my use.

although on my first visit one guy thought i maybe a crackhead trying to use to toilet but explained am sitting over there. no problemo.

quiet in here both times.

Worth a visit.

Young male bud tender was very helpful.

Adamster

Post by Adamster »

got to love this place! free wifi and white Smurf = good for the price and then Space-shakes «dont they still sell them?
:wink:
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

yes yes yes, we also liked Softland 1 very much!

I liked the layout and location, plus the internet was solid, especially the end pod right near the patio.

The Mrs and I spent an hour there and enjoyed the time... also ran into our landlord while leaving... very funny... wished we had gotten back for a second visit.

They play their music from youtube, which I thought was kinda cool, since I do that a lot at home.

Check them out, nice pit stop shop!
Amsterdam dreaming.............
Dublin&LondonSmokersu

Softland 2

Post by Dublin&LondonSmokersu »

Comfy, and funky looking inside with freindly staff, I'm not sure the weed is all that (average/high priced and alright quality) and the music is a little on the "intense" side for a really chilled session. Its got a full array of entertaint stuff (pool, darts footy table) which is a plus if your bored of talking, but I think it's saving grace is it's position opposite Soundgarden (great smoker freindly bar with a terrace thats perfect for sparking up on in the summer).

Overall Softland 2 has a slightly different feel to it than alot of coffeeshops. I guess you either like it or loathe it.

Ash
life's been fine since May '09!

Post by 00420 »

Very friendly staff at there and decent priced weed/hash had honey maroc and white smurf last i visited and both was pretty nice.They also have a good space cakes and muffins,maybe the best one's i've had in Dam.Softland is one of my favourite's in town and i visit there everytime when in town.
wietroker

Post by wietroker »

Been to the one on Spuistraat, is that 1 or 2?

A bit mixed really. Don't really have anything bad or great to say about it.

It seems the typical Moroccan owned city centre coffeeshop business i.e. weed and hash average to slightly better than. Same applies to the service. Modern decor etc. Overall, nothing spectacular.

I went here once years ago and it was packed. Every time since it has had hardly anyone in it. And this place is HUGE!

Plenty of internet terminals (are they free, I forget?). They also show the football on huge screens.

Not really a good place to chill if you are on your own and there are just staff around. Feels weird having the entire shop to yourself! If you're with other people though then it is good as you'll always nab a seat.

The seats incidentally are very soft here (is that intentional play on words with the name?) and they make you recline back.

btw they have good looking space muffins here, like something you'd buy from a cake shop. Never tried em though.
Savage

Post by Savage »

Am at Softlands right now - the internet is not free. 1e for 15min, 2e = 30min.

Very quiet at 1pm, but decent place to chill.

Got 1g of NYCD for 11e - looks ok though havent smoked yet. Also got a super polm preroll - have never had hash and hate tobacco so the taste wasnt great, but gave a nice chilled high - quite enjoyable!

Overall, a decent place, but not a worldbeater. Free net after purchase would be good!
Respect the Funk!
notsofasteddie

Re: Softlands

Post by notsofasteddie »

I liked Softland. The Haze pre-rolled joint was a heavy hitter. I was there late on my last night in Amsterdam with a space cake packed away for the trip home. I placed my leftovers (tools and a couple of 1/4 grams from elsewhere) on the table and hit the door. The bud tender chased me down the street to return my goods. I guess honesty is the best policy is the official policy at Softland!
Marok21

Re: Softlands

Post by Marok21 »

First time for me here. I walked so many times past the shop but never was in there. So I decide to walk in and check out their menu. To be honest I forgot most of what was listed on the menu :lol: On the weedside I just remember their "Top" offering OG Kush (15€/g). In hash they had King Hassan (14€/g) as their "Top" offer... I also spotted Temel Balls for 9€/g. I took a look on the KH and was happy what I saw and smelled :D High quality maroc! A blonde oily moroccan that gets darker pretty fast after a while in the baggy... smells and especially tastes pretty nice :mrgreen: 14€/g is a little to much but def. a nice Import hash and I prefer it over the King Hassan Supreme (18€/g) from Greenhouse I scored a few months ago.

Seems like it´s a moroccan owned shop. I will keep an eye on their wares in the future :lol:
FlyByNite

Re: Softland

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Softland dated October 7, 2018. Thanks to Egor.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Softland ... tland.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Softland dated September 27, 2019. Thanks to gtsreggae.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Softland ... tland.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Was in on Friday..just across road from black dog bar I got 5 g honey maroc which is not great tbh compared to do.e if the same price deals from elsewhere also got New York diesel 12 a g not bad but not brilliant ..I would call in again but only because I was in aera for black dog
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Does anyone know if Softland is still open? On my last trip it looked pretty closed when walking by but didn´t took a closer look... I even think it was closed on the trip before 2 months ago, but I'm not quite sure anymore :roll:

Well I only was here once and they were not really known for quality but it would be a shame to lose another coffeeshop :?
la2019

Post by la2019 »

Oh man I hope it's still open... Amsterdam Live did a live stream where he stopped in for a bit about 5 months ago... really made we want to stop in on my next visit! (https://youtu.be/FhLAeJFMql4 it's at about 1:26 if you're interested...)
Fingers crossed!
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

Walked past yesterday, looking pretty closed to me. Shame. Whilst it was never k own for great weed it helped with Internet before we all had smartphones. Good location, hopefully someone buys the license