The Pink, Eindhoven

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate The Pink

I like The Pink
94%
I don't like The Pink
6%

Total votes: 18

Ash333

The Pink, Eindhoven

Post by Ash333 »

ACD Page: The Pink

It should be reopening soon I think.

Anyone got any news? I remember it was closed for a year, around a year back!

No Victim? No Crime.
aaron

Post by aaron »

im not familiar with it, but if you click the web link from the main ACD page you shall see what you are looking for :D

enjoy
Adamster

Post by Adamster »

Nov 6th is the re-opening! check the pink site ;)
Old School Smoker

The Pink, Eindhoven

Post by Old School Smoker »

Not strictly a review, but some good news ! :D
http://www.thepink.nl

Peace,
Old School.
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

The Pink reopened last week. I have been there just two hours ago. There was no renovation or something as far as I can say that. Nothing seemed to change(last time for me was summer of 2008 at the Pink).

Unfortunately their menu is pretty limited at the moment. 5 sorts of hash(3xMorocco, 2xNepal for 5-9€) and 5 strains of weed. Standard strains like Northern Lights, Edelweiss and Silver Haze(7-11€). They offer bags for 7,5 and 15 € and a small discount on 5 g.

Went for the White Whidow XX and it was nice, maybe a bit dry. Quite indica.

I will keep an eye on them.
Old School Smoker

Just wondering if anyone else has sampled the menu from here now it has re-opened? This was always my regular CS when I was in town. Since it's enforced closure I've been using Grasshopper and Euro Garden, which are, with all due credit to them, very acceptable establishments with some very good product, but I do miss the dear old 'Pink.' :cry:
The 'boss' and I are in Eindhoven for a week in early January, visiting her family, and I'm really looking forward to getting re-aquainted with an 'old friend' :D
Plus a week with 'Snapdragon'... Sorry, her wonderful mother (She's reading this as I type! :shock: ) calls for some serious R&R at Willemstraat 35a, Eindhoven. 8)

A very happy and stoned New Year to you all.

Peace,
Old School.
Ash333

Post by Ash333 »

I was in here a couple of weeks back.
I was looking for hash. The nepali polm is fucking terrible, almost looked like soapbar or something. hard no smell.

I had a look at the morrocan, and the nicest one was the cheapest, Ketama, 1.5g for 7.50E

Very friendly staff.... think its a gay shop.
No Victim? No Crime.
sh@dy

Post by sh@dy »

Ash333 wrote:Very friendly staff.... think its a gay shop.
how come? I only thought one of the dealers was gay, but I didnt notice any other gay people in there, still it would fit, because the atmosphere has always been warm and great in here!
Old School Smoker

Ash333 wrote:
Very friendly staff.... think its a gay shop.

Thanks for the comments re the hash, duly noted. (Not a great hash lover so not a huge problem)
I have visited the Pink many times over the last 15 or so years but unless things have seriously changed since November it was never a gay shop! Yes, I agree that one of the bud tenders may be gay but so what, I have no problem with that!
I'll check next week, see whats going on and report back here.

Peace,
Old School.
Ash333

Post by Ash333 »

Maybe I'm wrong, but I figured with a name like that and a very gay dealer, and other guy working there prob was.

I have nothing bad to say about the place, the staff were incredibly friendly... at Grey Area standard.

My comment was just an observation. I know that people specifically look for certain types of coffeeshop... be it for the music, herb, hash, or scene, and I was trying to be helpful. It wasn't intended as a derogatory comment, and anyone that takes it to be must be about 12.
No Victim? No Crime.
sh@dy

Post by sh@dy »

Ash333 wrote:Maybe I'm wrong, but I figured with a name like that and a very gay dealer, and other guy working there prob was.

I have nothing bad to say about the place, the staff were incredibly friendly... at Grey Area standard.

My comment was just an observation. I know that people specifically look for certain types of coffeeshop... be it for the music, herb, hash, or scene, and I was trying to be helpful. It wasn't intended as a derogatory comment, and anyone that takes it to be must be about 12.
I dont think anyone took it this way, I just wondered, because the dealer has always been the only gay person in there I "recognised"
Old School Smoker

Gentlemen please!...enough already!

I start by asking a simple question about a CS menu and end up with a potentialy homophobic argument going on, sorry, but we don't need that sort of crap here!
If the budtender is or isn't gay... so what?
If the CS has or hasn't a gay name or a gay reputation ... again... so what?
I know a number of gay people many of which I consider to be friends (male & female) In fact I work with a least 2 gay people (that I know of) and I have no problem with that whatsoever.
I was mearly pointing out that in the 15 or so years I have been visiting this paticular CS (most of those times with the wife) niether her or I have never had even the slightest suspision that it could be a 'gay' establisment, and even if it were, I'm only intrested in the quality of their weed and the standard of their service.

So come on guys, lets keep it about what we all know and love.. Good weed, good hash and even the odd good cup of coffeee or 'warm chocomelk met slagroom' to go with it!!

Not a rant, not a dig at anyone, just my outlook on life!

Peace,
Old School.
Soulboy

Post by Soulboy »

Old School Smoker wrote:I start by asking a simple question about a CS menu and end up with a potentialy homophobic argument going on, sorry, but we don't need that sort of crap here!
i never feel it was the goal of sh@dy or ash33 :shock:

they just express theirs views and
Ash 33 wrote:It wasn't intended as a derogatory comment
or
Sh@dy wrote:because the atmosphere has always been warm and great in here
don't look for homophobic bullshit for me imho :wink:
colinzeal

Post by colinzeal »

this was a pretty nice coffeeshop to chill in, airy spacious relaxed etc
the menu however was nothing above the normal in eindhoven and the quality not so great if the overly dry sample of northern lights i purchased was anything to go by. still got me stoned ya know but not great. anyway nice place and friendly too so thumbs up really
Jasmeena

Post by Jasmeena »

Quite a nice place, the shop is one side of the smoking area.
Usual range of drink & snacks.
They have their own really cool lighters as well.
The decor inside is one really long wooden curved bench and other chairs to match, colours are orange & green.
Friendly enough there..
"Don't step on the grass... smoke it!!"