Flower Power

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Flower Power

I like Flower Power
83%
I don't like Flower Power
17%

Total votes: 6

mark the martian

Flower Power

Post by mark the martian »

ACD Page: Flower Power

Couldn't find a thread for this one, so here it is!

Went there with a friend just because it was close buy. Had two hot chocolates which were great, and we smoked a joint I'd bought from somewhere else and rolled earlier. They have Elvis pinball and my friend taught me how to play - too young to have played pinball very seriously.

The guy behind the bar was friendly, my friend and I hung out and it was fun. There's a strange comment on the ACD page for Flower Power saying
We went in here to buy some weed and were reading the menu when the guy working there asked another customer not to smoke inside. The customer said that there was no tobacco in the joint and the guy working said, "this is a no smoking shop, no smoking at all". After hearing that, we bought what we were looking for and left, but it seems like an awful waste. It's a great space with lots of windows but apparently you cannot smoke there. I wouldn't go back here.
You can smoke in here, I did and so did the 10 other people in the shop at the time. Even the bar tender was super stoned, hehe.

ATWA

Re: Flower Power

Post by ATWA »

is it still open?
Air Trees Water & Animals
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Was in here Feb 2012... wanted to get some iso, only had a 5e tester left... bought that and some cheese... nothing stands out from them, but remember the shop had an odd set up... budtender was a good fella tho and was good people.
Amsterdam dreaming.............
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

ATWA wrote:is it still open?
Yes, it is.

Our appt. a couple of weeks ago was only a stone's throw away, however what with Paradox & 1e Hulp also so near we didn't really pay Flower Power much attention, other than to note it was open and that its menu was quite cheese dominated. Place didn't really seem either off-putting or welcoming, just a bit nondescript. Never seemed very busy inside.

On our last night someone did a buy&fly there, recommended by the budtender was their "Boeren" (Farmer's) Cheese, I remember it smelt and looked quite tasty but I missed smoking any myself.
Roo-Vee-Bo

Post by Roo-Vee-Bo »

My first post (aside from the introduction page) !

I genuinely felt bad to find this place languishing on the second page with little to no discussion compared to other establishments. Been coming to the Dam for the last 10 years and, despite only discovering this place on the second to last trip, it is now a must stop shop for me.

Me and my partner were last here in June 2012 and everything that we sampled was of exceptional quality. We sampled three variations of cheese of which were all cured nicely and possessed that wonderful relationship of smell transferring to taste. Admittedly weed / wiet wise we had some more superior smokes at other establishments but it was still nice to not have anything to nit pick about with 3 strains from one establishment.

And on the subject of superior smokes, the Caramello Maroc is / was ( I'm praying they still stock this when I arrive in Amsterdam tomorrow) some of the best hash I have ever purchased in Amsterdam. A fantastically oily and sticky hash, it was so sticky that when placed between two roach strips you would literally have to peel each strip off of it, hash sticking to either side. At 20Euro for 2.22g this was my bargain of the trip and I think they ended up with 80Euro from me on that special hash alone. Very warm and drifty stone this stuff was super strong and an absolute delight. Have kept a small piece of this stashed and will be smoking the last of it tonight.

Apologies for the essay. Apologies for future essays :) .
treetop

Post by treetop »

Roo-Vee-Bo wrote:My first post (aside from the introduction page) !

I genuinely felt bad to find this place languishing on the second page with little to no discussion compared to other establishments. Been coming to the Dam for the last 10 years and, despite only discovering this place on the second to last trip, it is now a must stop shop for me.

Me and my partner were last here in June 2012 and everything that we sampled was of exceptional quality. We sampled three variations of cheese of which were all cured nicely and possessed that wonderful relationship of smell transferring to taste. Admittedly weed / wiet wise we had some more superior smokes at other establishments but it was still nice to not have anything to nit pick about with 3 strains from one establishment.

And on the subject of superior smokes, the Caramello Maroc is / was ( I'm praying they still stock this when I arrive in Amsterdam tomorrow) some of the best hash I have ever purchased in Amsterdam. A fantastically oily and sticky hash, it was so sticky that when placed between two roach strips you would literally have to peel each strip off of it, hash sticking to either side. At 20Euro for 2.22g this was my bargain of the trip and I think they ended up with 80Euro from me on that special hash alone. Very warm and drifty stone this stuff was super strong and an absolute delight. Have kept a small piece of this stashed and will be smoking the last of it tonight.

Apologies for the essay. Apologies for future essays :) .
Please essay away. Nice smoke report makes me want to try some cheese at flower power and maybe some hash too if there is anything good when I'm next there.
How much did you produce?
Roo-Vee-Bo

Post by Roo-Vee-Bo »

Stopped by in January but it was closed at about 2pm on a Monday. Anyone know if this place is still open?
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

It is, noted it was open on Sunday afternoon when I was walking past.
Roo-Vee-Bo

Post by Roo-Vee-Bo »

Not_the_monk wrote:It is, noted it was open on Sunday afternoon when I was walking past.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!

Love this place great to know it's worth trying to catch it open again!

p.s.

!!!
GoatCheese

Post by GoatCheese »

Has anyone visited the place lately? ..do they still have Caramello hash on the menu?
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

and they have a pinball machine!

will be there in a couple of weeks : >
Roo-Vee-Bo

Post by Roo-Vee-Bo »

Would love an update if anyone makes it here. A convenient stop either on your way to Paradox or on the walk back back to the center.
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

Roo-Vee-Bo wrote:Would love an update if anyone makes it here. A convenient stop either on your way to Paradox or on the walk back back to the center.

went past tonight in search of cheese.

lets start with the BT, he was very friendly and helpful and explaining the one issue that came about. he was apologetic and explaned things would be back to normal in about 2 weeks.

the menu, chocolope, amnesia, NYCD, sour diesel kush, blue cheese and maybe a few others.

I asked to see the BC NYCD & SDK. he pulled out large bags of each, probably about 5 grams.

The cheese smelt nice and he said it was nice dry and crispy although i didn't get to feel.

the diesel again smelt nice, same story as above.

the SDK smelt okay but not as nice as the above two. I said i would take a gram of each.

the dealer then proceeded to tell me they were only selling larger bags of the NYCD & BC right now, he said sorry but they were low and trying to save it for regulars by only selling larger bags. 2.7 i think for 30e as each was 11e a gram.

he said come back in 2 weeks and they should have smaller bits again. saying that i might go back before then, but i don't normally buy larger bags for a first purchase....
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
GoatCheese

Post by GoatCheese »

elasticband wrote:
Roo-Vee-Bo wrote:Would love an update if anyone makes it here. A convenient stop either on your way to Paradox or on the walk back back to the center.

went past tonight in search of cheese.

lets start with the BT, he was very friendly and helpful and explaining the one issue that came about. he was apologetic and explaned things would be back to normal in about 2 weeks.

the menu, chocolope, amnesia, NYCD, sour diesel kush, blue cheese and maybe a few others.

I asked to see the BC NYCD & SDK. he pulled out large bags of each, probably about 5 grams.

The cheese smelt nice and he said it was nice dry and crispy although i didn't get to feel.

the diesel again smelt nice, same story as above.

the SDK smelt okay but not as nice as the above two. I said i would take a gram of each.

the dealer then proceeded to tell me they were only selling larger bags of the NYCD & BC right now, he said sorry but they were low and trying to save it for regulars by only selling larger bags. 2.7 i think for 30e as each was 11e a gram.

he said come back in 2 weeks and they should have smaller bits again. saying that i might go back before then, but i don't normally buy larger bags for a first purchase....

Do you remember seeing Caramello Maroc hashish on the menu, bro?
Roo-Vee's description above really got me interested of trying it and it's nice they sell it also in 5 euro bags
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

diesel fiend I am curiosity got the better of me. 30e/2.7g weighed and checked at home, all is good. dry nice smelling bud away to hopefully enjoy as i smoke it along with some tabak.

blue cheese, 30e/2.7g again smells and looks nice, dry crunchy to touch.

Got several bags of each laid in front of me and i was allowed to pick which ones i wanted.

whoever asked about hash, no carmello hash on the menu, i think only 3 or 4 types.
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority