Old Style

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Old Style

I like(d) Old Style
100%
I don't (didn't) like Old Style
No votes

Total votes: 2

Balou

Old Style

Post by Balou »

ACD Page: Old Style

When I was town last week I noticed that they had started gutting Old Style for a reno. I remember visiting them back in '99 on my second trip to Amsterdam. Does anyone know if it will be a coffeeshop or somehting else?

Peace,
Balou

Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

I noticed it with the shutters down,&Its been empty for a bit now,Pitty cos i liked that place.
SeniorHippies

Old Style

Post by SeniorHippies »

We enjoyed CS Old Style a lot, and were saddened to discover it closed one arrival day. We still have a half-completed card for their buy 10 get one free deals. The tables outside were great on a sunny day. We stayed regularly at the Sint Nicolaas, just up the straat, and Old Style was our local. The weed was always dependably good. The people were dependably friendly.
Boner

Post by Boner »

Pretty sure they lost their license, this wa the place top of Niewzuids (sp?) with the hookless pirate outside?
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
SeniorHippies

Old Times

Post by SeniorHippies »

I guess the address is technically on the Martelaarsgracht, but yes that's the place. It was on, or almost on, the corner with the Nieuwendijk, on the left heading for Centraal Station. I don't remember the pirate, but that certainly doesn't mean it wasn't there. I'm going to dig out some old photos, I have many of the place. When I find them I'll have my daughter-in-law scan them. Then I'll find out how to post them if anyone's interested.

I always found the place friendly, an interesting mix of locals and tourists. What has to happen for a shop to lose their license? I remember once, years ago going to the Bluebird and finding it closed because of some legal hassle.