de Overkant Hortus

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Overkant Hortus

I like Overkant Hortus
81%
I don't like Overkant Hortus
19%

Total votes: 27

Roo-Vee-Bo

Re: de Overkant Hortus

Post by Roo-Vee-Bo »

Visited here on the 4th of January while walking to Leidseplein from the Zoo.

BT was friendly and advised he only had one variety of weed that he considered top quality describing the others as "nice and clean but average". Fair play and nice to hear the honesty.

Opted for a gram of the highest priced Overkant Cream. Think it was 12E which after smoking I can say was very worth the price. Was just as nice and tasty as the Jack and Chemdog cream from Greenhouse with a lovely warm floaty buzz that made my walk to the center float by effortlessly.

Nothing special but a nice local and convenient if you're visiting the zoo and need a top up.

EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

Roo-Vee-Bo wrote:Nothing special but a nice local and convenient if you're visiting the zoo and need a top up.
I walked past this place almost daily, and thought it would make a good spot to read the paper, and have a cuppaJoe and a puff, since it's on a corner with glass all around- about as sunny as you can get in the moke.
Roo-Vee-Bo

Post by Roo-Vee-Bo »

EasilySuede wrote:
Roo-Vee-Bo wrote:Nothing special but a nice local and convenient if you're visiting the zoo and need a top up.
I walked past this place almost daily, and thought it would make a good spot to read the paper, and have a cuppaJoe and a puff, since it's on a corner with glass all around- about as sunny as you can get in the moke.
That would be the ideal use of their facilities imo. Nice tables outside to enjoy the morning. The more I think about this place the more I like it. Their cream really was a nice smoke.
Spaldwickapeface

Post by Spaldwickapeface »

I have been meaning to write on this board for some time, I have just not got around to it until now.

I arrived here after a couple of days traveling from Asia and in my jet lagged state managed to make a right fool of myself with the bud tender, oh well. I was looking at the 5g deals on the hash and asked for a good day time smoke, he recommended the diamond top 5g €30 so I took him up on his advise. Now I was not expecting anything special but I was more than happy with the standard of the hash for that price; it was a clean Moroccan and relatively flexible, it had a earthy hash flavour with a reasonable stone too. I would say this place was pretty good if your after a good cheap deal on hash, they had a couple of cheaper options and a couple of more expensive ones too.

We sat and smoked in the cafe but they have banned tobacco smoke which is fine by me, sitting in the window you get a good view of the world going by. Despite it not being the most comfy shop in town there were several other groups in there having a smoke too.

It's always good to try out a new shop when in town and like I said previously they have decent 5g deals on offer. Thumbs up from me
I like bananas, monkey nuts and grapes. That's why they call me Sam of the apes
Black-King

Post by Black-King »

was looking around the site and saw 2 pretty recent menus from overkant hortus, dated february 2017

Has anyone been here recently? How is their hashish?

Dont think anyone go here for the weed, it looks too expensive..and from what I have read in this thread their weed have got less than stellar reports in the past..

RASTAFARI RIGHTEOUS KINGDOM http://rastafari-christ.webs.com/
Shufflepop

Post by Shufflepop »

I dropped in here waiting for a bridge and a barge.

Relaxed atmosphere, decent hash selection. Just got a g of 'Flying Monk', a Nepalese. Yet to sample but I have hopes.
Dickinsonbeer

Post by Dickinsonbeer »

I stopped in here back in april after checking out the gardens next door with my buddy. We asked about the indian cream. Bt said it wasnt too stoney and was energetic. Nope. Was super heavy stoned and strong. Not ideal for a late morning smoke but it was great before bed.

Get the indian cream if you want to get something super heavy! Nice. :mrgreen:

Edit: just remembered we sat outside on their tables. Definitely a good spot to chill outside.
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

Basic, older style of typical Dutch coffeeshop.
No frills decor and offering of basic refreshments, nice location on the canal next to the botanical gardens...sadly they seem geared towards tourism with strain selection and pricing.

Top of the menu "Neville's Haze" €16 kept in small clear boxes similar but larger in size to those that Boerejongens use for the bloc hashes.

Everything else on the menu was generally €15 or just below and pretty uninspiring in selection, the bud looked quality but not enough that made me say "oh that's a reasonable price for that!"😂
macky

Post by macky »

Got out of rain yesterday ,guy recommend merrickess hash ten euro light brown not blond ...smoked it with the lemon haze
(Not haze,skunk) but with hash was nice lemony good buzz a 7 for both
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Allways been a good spot for hash not so much weed ...i allways get the 5g deal of polm €20 great taste nice daytime hash
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Dropped in on the way past as it had probably been 20 years since I last bought there. Wasn't particularly excited by the weed menu but did get a bag of the Gardella hash (9e/g) which was a nice fudge-like consistency and a pleasant enough smoke.