The Store (formerly The Doors)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate The Doors

I like The Doors
93%
I don't like The Doors
7%

Total votes: 28

Lemon Haze

Re: The Doors

Post by Lemon Haze »

I popped in for a few hours last summer while strolling around Centruum. I really dug the vibe, but then again I'm a fan of old school rock music so that's not a surprise.

The budtender was cool, we talked about how they could use the name The Doors and not break copyright. His story was the owner drove the Doors around the Netherlands on a tour they did back in the day. So when he opened the CS he called them and they let him use the name for free. Not sure how true it is, but cool story anyway.

Forget what we bought, a gram of hash and a gram of weed, and both were ok. Nothing great but fine. Was with a friend and we were digging a mostly empty shop with some good music until a couple 18 year old girls came in and starting talking really loudly and asking people at the tables to roll joints for them, basically just wasted and not handling it well. Killed the vibe so we left.

I'd go back and give it another chance, seemed like a chill place to hang and enjoy a coffee and a few joints.

"Drugs induce paranoia and psychosis in people who have never taken any." Terence McKenna
Lemon Haze

Post by Lemon Haze »

Went back as I was in the neighbourhood last week. Had a gram of Morrison Haze, bit dry but a nice smoke. Place was rammed but found the last seat to chill out. The menu isn't great, not sure if I'd ever grab anything but the MH, but I do like the room for a place to chill out and relax.
"Drugs induce paranoia and psychosis in people who have never taken any." Terence McKenna
puffpuffgive

Post by puffpuffgive »

This CS has changed its name to 'The Store'. The Doors>>>The Store see what they did there :roll:
ik hou van amsterdam
photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/bananaface1000/
Tokeing tom

Re: The Store (formerly The Doors)

Post by Tokeing tom »

Got a seat here on a nice sunny morning and sat outside and enjoyed the views I got a gram of caramello €10 and a coffee it's a beautiful corner of the world if u ever get a chance to enjoy it.... Hash was fine, better out there but worth it to sit for a while, they have a good few tables inside so might also be useful on a wet day
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

Tokeing tom wrote: Tue 8th Sep 2020 07:27 pm Got a seat here on a nice sunny morning and sat outside and enjoyed the views I got a gram of caramello €10 and a coffee it's a beautiful corner of the world if u ever get a chance to enjoy it.... Hash was fine, better out there but worth it to sit for a while, they have a good few tables inside so might also be useful on a wet day
Thanks for all your updates Tom. Used to come here in the 90s when it was still the Doors. It is a beautiful and convenient location I agree. Service was always friendly too. Is it still Doors themed inside? Iirc the walls were covered with drawings on beer mats obv when they were allowed to sell beer. Must pop in for old times sake someday
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Yes it reminded me of a bar inside.. I was here before years ago myself and I'd like to say it still has the Doors photos but I just can't remember. Also does anyone remember a pool table upstairs or am I totally imagining things.. Service was still very friendly
free_phil_spector

Post by free_phil_spector »

Tokeing tom wrote: Wed 9th Sep 2020 09:29 amAlso does anyone remember a pool table upstairs or am I totally imagining things
You might be thinking of Doors Palace (now just The Palace) on Spuistraat. It's a bar that used to sell weed way back when bars did that, then it just became a weed-friendly bar when selling weed and booze in the same place got banned. Until recently it had a smoking room upstairs with two pool tables but I believe even that's gone now. The pool tables might still be there 8)
It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate - it takes guts to be gentle and kind...
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

New menu for The Store dated 2 May 2023, kindly submitted to coffeeshopmenus.org by Lebowski_duke

https://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Doors/Menus/Store.html

Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

New menu for The Store dated 5 September 2023, kindly submitted to coffeeshopmenus.org by Tokeing Tom :mrgreen:

https://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Doors/Menus/Store.html