The Dolphins

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Dolphins

I like Dolphins
86%
I don't like Dolphins
14%

Total votes: 153

moogle

Re: The Dolphins

Post by moogle »

loved this place the white dolphin was very nice, and they have the nicest spacecake I've ever had!

crazycatlady

Post by crazycatlady »

Can anyone help me with a query on Dolphins? Do they still have goldfish in light fittings?
Ive never been in to Dolphins before but really like the sound of it, so i thought id pop in when we go again in May but ive just read Occasional Bowl's post about this and i too would be concerned about the fish welfare - So can anyone shed any more light on this for me please? :?
tbk420

Post by tbk420 »

---------------
Last edited by tbk420 on Thu 25th Oct 2012 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
crazycatlady

Post by crazycatlady »

:oops: :lol: I only realised thats how it would look after I posted it :lol:

Still like to know though!
Bilbo Baggins

Post by Bilbo Baggins »

Went back to the Dolphins in late September 2010 and mindful of my previous boob when I never even realised there was a nice big smoking lounge downstairs, me and my 2 companions checked it out, again we smoked the white dolphin which was a really good buzz---surprised and a bit confused to read a post or two agao that white dolphin is white widow--not that theres anything wrong with white widow--its just i reckoned i was getting some rare strain that only dolphins had access to--still it blew my mind and thatll do me any day
Dam Square/Damraak Webcam Live http://hdtv.webcam.nl/website/page1/pag ... creen.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BigRigRob

Post by BigRigRob »

Here ya go crazycatlady..........

"Stoners... the only thing that bakes at room temperature..."
crazycatlady

Post by crazycatlady »

thank you bigrigrob! :D
Colina

Post by Colina »

I'm happy that the fish is still in a save place for those cats.... :)
the lounge downstairs is very comfortable btw....
Isn't there a big aquarium next to the stairs in the wall as well?

the nice Dolphins NL from November 2010, but those preweighted non-transparent bags are shit imo
HOLLAND
Hope Our Love Lasts And Never Dies
farmerjohn

Post by farmerjohn »

Had a prerolled White Dolphin spliff and it was great. The two ladies behind the counter where quite rude to some people but as I was smiling at them they were ok to me.
Bilbo Baggins

Post by Bilbo Baggins »

Back again late march 2011 and this time there was a real asshole of a budtender that sold me a gram of white dolphin and then refused me and my mate when we went to go downstairs saying we BOTH had to buy some cannabis in order to use the lounge. I didnt take to this too kindly and me and my mate promptly told him to stick his lounge up his ****. An older guy tried to defuse the situation ( think he was the manager ) by telling us to just go downstairs if we wanted and that the rule is to prevent large groups sitting down there without buying much. We told the manager to stick it and left. o and the white dolphin, unlike other trips was crap dry and average. this shop has a serious attitude problem to tourists and I would advise anyone to avoid this coffeeshop like the plague.
Dam Square/Damraak Webcam Live http://hdtv.webcam.nl/website/page1/pag ... creen.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cattales1960

Post by cattales1960 »

this was a big disappointment. I bourhgt first some hash and before our friend had time to order anysmoke the girl informs us that we have to buy drink also to stay and smoke. He grab his stuff, jim and I did too and followed him out. although the hash was really good, I hate rude people when we are spending our money in thier place. the hash was a white dolphin.
I need a miracle everyday
RuralJuror

Post by RuralJuror »

Hmm... the female bartender was rude to me and my boyfriend when I was there in Feb as well. And I'm not mistaking the "Dutch curtness" as rudeness - she was trying to hard sell us drinks and weed to sit in the place, even though we'd already bought 2 coffees (which were shit). Sucks because when I was in before it was so comfy.
codejd

Post by codejd »

Popped in yesterday for some White Dolphin. Nice as usual.
Donkey smell.
BigRigRob

Post by BigRigRob »

That's a shame, really like the decor.
"Stoners... the only thing that bakes at room temperature..."
Loch1981

Post by Loch1981 »

Usually enjoy the White dolphin from here but wasn't great last week plus never stayed in the CS everyone in the group had to buy something two of the group dont smoke weed and the woman's attitude stank. It's a shame as ive enjoyed many a day in here everytime I visit :(