The Dolphins

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Dolphins

I like Dolphins
86%
I don't like Dolphins
14%

Total votes: 153

DunToker

Re: The Dolphins

Post by DunToker »

The White Dolphin seems to get weaker everytime that I try it, the new guy working there didn't seem very cool, still the most comfortable Coffeeshop i've been in though!

Smoking weed doesn't make you cool... It makes you stoned!
gebstar

Post by gebstar »

Went last night and today, am slowly becoming a really big fan of this coffee shop. We had some of the white dolphin and used the vapourizers, good coffee crap hot chocolate, tasty bud!
Amsterdam '07, '10, '12
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

dont like it.
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
dude65

Post by dude65 »

I'm kinda torn on this one. The smoking area downstairs with the couches is just awesome. However, the staff seem to have an attitude about them that I don't like. But then, I've only been in there 4 or 5 times, maybe i did catch them on a bad day every time.
toker31

Post by toker31 »

I can see how people are torn, the shop itself is cool and a chill place with nice Damps.
But, IM the only gear I have purchased (White Dolphin & Tesla) have been nothing special and barely average. Indeed Dude 65 everything is served with double attitude here :!:

They usually had strong cakes when I had them though, tasty 2.
Nephixx

Post by Nephixx »

Chilled here about three times during our xmas trip. Their cake certainly hit the spot with my non smoking girlfriend. (and me when I had some) I had to use their weed in the verdamper apparently, (Clearly a ploy to get me to buy a bag but I was on holiday with a ton of money so meh) Bought the Skunk at E10 a gram. I however sneaked some Tangerine dream from Barneys into the verdamper, and smoked the skunk on my last day in a fat blunt with all the little bits of weed and hash I had left over from the week. (knocked me the hell out on my last night I can tell you)

The lady who served us every time was friendly enough. Wouldnt sit at the front though near the window upstairs in winter, as it is near the sliding door and lets face it, stoners, while awesome, do forget to slide the door shut on their way out.

I'll be going back that's for sure. Their spacecakes are delicious muffins which myself and my girlfriend found quite potent, and with a little jelly dolphin on the top. Win!
"Let no man make laws for me"
treetop

Post by treetop »

Great coffeeshop but sometimes the weed here can be really shit tasting. It is always strong and good effects. Just make sure you check it first. I always found the people working there quite 'interesting'.
How much did you produce?
PecosTheCat

Post by PecosTheCat »

Staff isn't very friendly, but a comfy place to chill. I've had both the white dolphin and the northern lights for Dolphins. Not great, but not bad either.
divinebovine

Post by divinebovine »

mixed feelings about this place? last year the tesla was pretty good and the northern lights was note worthy but i came back last week and everything they had was over cured or maybe it had been dried too quickly (it just crumbled into fine powder at the slightest touch and smoked with a harsh burn at the back of my throat) and with very little buzz.
they also had something called saffron on their menu for 25 euros a gram with a little note next to it saying "exclusive to the dolphin" or something to that effect.
i asked to have a look at it and it turns out that is the little red hairs picked off the weed (im pretty sure they are pistils) which i suspect is really just from the crumbs and stuff thats left in the bottom of a box or bag of weed (their bags are pre packaged so i dont know how they store there buds)
and the only reason its exclusive to the dolphin is that nowhere else is cheap enough to try to sell it.

but i could be wrong and "saffron" might be very potent, has anyone tried it?
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

ive smoked hairs before, but only trough a bong though

tasted like crap , made you stoned as fuckk ( came from outdoorcheeseplants)
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
divinebovine

Post by divinebovine »

and the stairs are a nightmare but they add excitement to what can be a boring place to be alone especially after you have seen the videos they play go through their cycle a few times.
the sofas are comfortable though compared to most coffeshops.

thats interesting Rvan, i might convince someone to buy some next time and skank a joint off them :P
Opus132

Post by Opus132 »

This place is unique enough, that's for sure. Dolphin underwater theme! 2 floors and the bottom level is indeed one of the most comfortable places to sit, relax on soft couches, smoke and watch something interesting on their tv or just zone out in quiet comfort. The budtender I've seen a couple of times is a short lady who never gave me any problems but doesn't exactly exude warmth, either. The weed was actually pretty strong: some solid Northern Lights and very good White Dolphin. I don't really remember anything remarkable in the food or beverage department.
Turn off your mind, relax and float downstream. - John Lennon
Johhny

Post by Johhny »

Hate it.
I bet that if they had some fresh air inside they would have tried to charge you for breathing it.
Reveen

Post by Reveen »

Johhny wrote:I bet that if they had some fresh air inside they would have tried to charge you for breathing it.
Hilarious! And also completely true.

I really dislike this shop. The room downstairs is really chill but being regularly and repeatedly told to buy something or leave (even though we had, just not enough, apparently) certainly impacts on the experience.
MecHaZoiD

Post by MecHaZoiD »

Always visit dolphins when in the city white dolphin has always been good was in last august and noticed they have new downstairs seating even better than before but similar very comfortable and there extractors are excellent.
9th Trip To Amsterdam 18th April -20th April 2015.