The Dolphins

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Dolphins

I like Dolphins
86%
I don't like Dolphins
14%

Total votes: 153

sellvegas

Re: The Dolphins

Post by sellvegas »

free wifi - had a crazy password the last 2 times

the lady behind the bar seems a bit pushy or edgy as I too experienced her rudeness on two occasions two years in a row when going to buy the annual dolphins cannabis cup shirt.. last time they didnt even have my size shes like "IT JUST STARTED GIVE US SOME TIME" like umm alrighty u know this is gonna happen all year how hard is it to make some t shirts to help advertise your shop - lol

Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

sellvegas wrote:free wifi - had a crazy password the last 2 times

the lady behind the bar seems a bit pushy or edgy as I too experienced her rudeness on two occasions two years in a row when going to buy the annual dolphins cannabis cup shirt.. last time they didnt even have my size shes like "IT JUST STARTED GIVE US SOME TIME" like umm alrighty u know this is gonna happen all year how hard is it to make some t shirts to help advertise your shop - lol

Thanks for the warning about this bitch guys! gona hit dolphins this time for sure.
sellvegas

Post by sellvegas »

no problem :) oh and another thing is keep in mind the door SLIDES open there i think if i remember right :) im so stoned normally and goto so many i forget but there was something weird with opening the door :)
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

nothing but good times and good memories about this shop..coffee tastes horrible but ill forgive that for the pleasent atmosphere and the white dolphin..very relaxing weed
rockin into the night
Con-er-sir

Post by Con-er-sir »

This place is a shit coffee shop with shit weed, but a good place to wait while the mrs shops lol
sellvegas

Post by sellvegas »

con-ne-sir sounds about right from my last few experiences - great waiting area ;)
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Ah i will just get whatever looks best! they can moan if they can moan or talk if they want,KD.
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

USBONGLORD wrote:nothing but good times and good memories about this shop..coffee tastes horrible but ill forgive that for the pleasent atmosphere and the white dolphin..very relaxing weed

& you can bloody well ,Have a nice time as well mr crazy! KD.
Smokey McPot

Post by Smokey McPot »

We were in there on Tuesday night, just bought coffee and went downstairs to smoke our own..
Really nice place with a chilled feeling to it, the girl that was on the bar seemed kinda shy but nice enough, no pushyness towards us at least
If carlsburg made weed it would be northern lights 5x
Free Ben

Post by Free Ben »

I always pass a few hours away downstairs whenever I visit Amsterdam. I don't rate their weed very highly but I love the atmosphere I must say. The owner can come across as having a bit of a short fuse but I've always found her friendly as long as you buy a drink before going downstairs and you don't put your feet up or try to sleep on those comfy seats!

As for the wifi, when I was there in September you could only get the password if you bought some weed first!
woodz60

Post by woodz60 »

On my visit in 2001, I was told that they were having licensing problems and couldn't sell any wares. Upon buying a coffee and chatting about a music conference (A2A) I was working in town, the budtender told me that from my short hair, he thought I might have been a cop. I assured him that I was not, and he sold me some White Dolphin, which was pretty tasty. The atmosphere downstairs rocks!! I made it a point to at least spend time and money each time I am near the Leidsestraat.
I may be stoned, but don't take me for granite...
washdc

Post by washdc »

Got the White Dolphin when I was here twice, wasn't anything special to be honest, but it wasn't bad either. One curious thing is they use waxpaper bags?
PecosTheCat

Post by PecosTheCat »

Not much for weed selection, but I did like the white dolphin I had last April. The seating downstairs is quite comfortable and I loved the verdamper. It isn't my favorite coffeeshop, but I have enjoyed my visits there.
misterbelvedere

Post by misterbelvedere »

Had one great evening there. Tried the White Dolphin in the Verdamper. That really was great fun. Actually think, the White Dolphin is mediocre stuff. But the basement with its couches is very comfy. And the air condition is a delight in hot days...
Smokerstoo

Post by Smokerstoo »

My favourite coffee shop of the visit. staff were very nice. Small but nice menu. Northern Lights was really strong. Great seating down stairs. Great decor! Will be back.