Rookies Bar

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Rookies

I like Rookies
93%
I don't like Rookies
7%

Total votes: 94

stecleary84

Post by stecleary84 »

what can i say but.......WHAT A PLACE!!!!

our first stop of the trip last week and well worth it! some nice weed and very friendly staff.

when i got there i asked the budtender if i can see the budda-cheese and he just smiled and said "the best stock we have at the moment". as soon as he opened the container i just knew i didn't even need to see it, the smell hit me full on in the face and it was good. I had a little chet with the bud guy about just landing and our first stop and what we had planned.

on our last day we had so much weed to smoke before fe left they didn't mind that we just bought drinks and smoked what we had. When we gave them our bong to hold on to for other ACD members they seemed shocked with the good guesture(sp) and really couldn't thank us enough for it. even as we were leaving the guy asked if we were ok for a taxi or did we know where to go. it really wasn't a backhander from a taxi man job he just wanted to try return the nice guesture

Bilbo Baggins

Post by Bilbo Baggins »

I thought Rookies was a lovely place--touristy--well in a city full of tourists thats to be expected, lovely friendly staff, nice coffee and the Buddha Cheese weed I bought here for 12E a gram was top rate, crap music tho, inoffensive bland jazz funk rubbish. but overall a nice shop in a nice tourist part of town, and for tourists like me thats just ticketty boo
Dam Square/Damraak Webcam Live http://hdtv.webcam.nl/website/page1/pag ... creen.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Iko

Post by Iko »

inoffensive bland jazz funk rubbish<<<

OMG that sound wonderful :D .
Once In A while You Get Shown The Light
wietroker

Post by wietroker »

Bought some of their Amnesia recently. Extremely tight nugs. Looks like you only got given half a gram instead of what you asked for.

Put it in the grinder and it expands to confirm this is just great stuff.

13 a gram I think.
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

went out of my way to go here & try the afghan pollen, NEVER AGAIN,
the guys behind the counter were rudest staff ive ever come across & they openly rip people off, when theyre weighing it they have a till like damkring where the price is displayed as the smoke is being weighed,
this is where they pull off their scam, the second u take your eyes off them they have a bunch of pre-set keys on the screen which can be pressed depending what your buying it will make it jump to the whole gram.
e.g. afghan pollen is 15e a g, when weighing theyl put (for e.g) 0.8 on the scales which will read E13.60 (not exact just example) then they will hit a button & it will magically jump to 1gram &15E.
because they noticed i saw them they took it all off & started again, making them look all the more guilty,
they tried to take their revenge by short changing me but failed :D

my advise, avoid this place like the plague/grasshopper

+the hash was nice, but overpriced, the same quality hash can be got from basjoes/damkring/central for 10-12E a gram.
wayoutwest

Post by wayoutwest »

stecleary84 wrote: When we gave them our bong to hold on to for other ACD members they seemed shocked with the good guesture(sp) and really couldn't thank us enough for it. even as we were leaving the guy asked if we were ok for a taxi or did we know where to go. it really wasn't a backhander from a taxi man job he just wanted to try return the nice guesture
Stuff like that, that exchange you all had, is what keeps me going. Great thing to do. Cheers mate!
hardboiled

Post by hardboiled »

on 2 different trips, with 2 different travelling companions, we've walked down to check it out.

Both times, the weed was average. Very very average.

And both times the crash was like a drop from space. It was brutal. Waves of crappy feeling while being in the Rijkes sucks. Needed a nap on the Museumplein just to make it go away. While I've felt burnt out after smoking sometimes, I've never crashed like that.

I've seen other people's reviews, and while the staff has been ok here, I think the weed is poor, at least as my experiences go.
codejd

Post by codejd »

it looks like this place is right in the area, maybe next door? anybody know if it's a decent place to pick up a cheap acrylic bong for the trip? thx 8).
Donkey smell.
Panog

Post by Panog »

There's a headshop/smartshop next door, called Tatanka I think, you will find what you want here
wietroker

Post by wietroker »

yeah that's next door. People are always taking photos with the rasta joint smoking statue in the doorway.
HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe

Post by HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe »

Good CS, friendly budtenders which is a must for a good CS and good weed, will always visit, hell might even stay here in December.
tron

Post by tron »

The Rookies was my 1st coffeshop experience a few years ago, and my 1st decrim smoking in public experience. The staff was friendly enough, although they seemed to know something I didn't ;) I bought some bud, borrowed a pipe, and hunkered down at the bar. A few tokes later, I understood the name of the place, and was overwhelmed by the environment and an amazing sound system, and wondering how I was going to finish the pipe without transforming into a lizard, which of course, everyone would notice. I have fond memories of Rookies.
Savage

Post by Savage »

Didnt love this place at all. We stayed at the hotel which was pretty awful - mould covered bathrooms are not ideal...

Bought SSH and Budda Cheese and borrowed the bong. Incidentally I asked about the bong stecleary84 left here for people - the 2 dudes had no idea what I was talking about. They had other cheap acrylics though.

When I left I needed 3 of the test tube j holders. Left my admitedly cheap grinder there, and asked for the holders... 1.5e thanks! Considering we had stayed there, been in about 3 times and purchased drinks or weed (or both) each time, always leaving a tip, I did not expect to pay for them!

Not sure if I am being stupid with that, but experiences elsewhere lead me to beleive it is not unreasonable - and probably good business sense I suspect!

Overall, annoying service, mediocre weed. Would not specifically go again
Respect the Funk!
tron

Post by tron »

I visited The Rookies recently , bud tender was friendly enough, had a good milky cappuccino, tasty smoothie, relaxing, chill space, plenty of open seating and tables, but not empty, music was enjoyable.
From symbiosis to parasitism is a short step. -WSB
BlueCarpetTreatment

Post by BlueCarpetTreatment »

My all-time favorite CS. Love the atmosphere. Staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. Almost had every type of weed and hash they offer.
My favorites: Amnesia Haze, LA Con, Super Maroc.

The "Rookies Special" is a nice smoke to start the day off with, but nothing really special.

Got a sample of their Ice-o-lator back in August. After smoking it, I would recommend you to get a gram of Super Maroc for 13€/g instead.(can't really remember the price)

Always my first and last (and of course in between) smoke there. Love that place. Can't wait to get back there! (And I just got back last night) ;)