Rookies Bar

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Rookies

I like Rookies
93%
I don't like Rookies
7%

Total votes: 94

tinky

Post by tinky »

Manali cream €12.50g poor dont know why i bought this or stopped there to be honest was just on a randam stoned walk.

Drinks were cheap though and decent space and staff friendly

bman1986

Post by bman1986 »

On my first few visits to the Dam I practically lived in this place. I've gone off it the last few times I've been as it's not as friendly as it once was, music's gone downhill and you can find better gear elsewhere. However, they do still often have nepalese temple balls which I can't resist.
Loch1981

Re: Rookies Bar

Post by Loch1981 »

Was back here again last week for four day we always stay at their hotel when we visit so very handy having this large CS at our feet. Fell in love with their blue cheese and amnesia haze their super maroc hit the spot too.

Nice english breakfast tea and hot chocolate plenty if bongs available too - no deposit required. Prices are reasonable though the drink prices are quite steep I suppose just like most places.

Only improvement id recommend is to get seats with backs on them and maybe some cushion for the ass too. Music varies throughout the day depends on who is working!
Smokey McPot

Post by Smokey McPot »

We spent a few hours here and there In rookies this week, always a favourite for me.. Friendly staff, good coffee, tunes are fine specially as you can pay for your own via the jukebox, weed In my experience is ok..I bought 2g of their northern lights on 2 occasions as it was so tasty
If carlsburg made weed it would be northern lights 5x
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Looked at all the hash and two types of bud then left to go to NOON in hope of decent bud :lol:
obligon

Post by obligon »

Kermit wrote:Looked at all the hash and two types of bud then left to go to NOON in hope of decent bud :lol:
Sounds about right...
Nephixx

Post by Nephixx »

First coffeeshop stop for 5 years! Hadn't smoked for that long either, so I bought the Thai (as it was the weakest) and the Amnesia Haze (which was, incidentally the strongest on the menu) :D

Sat there at the back with my lady and a pear Looza feeling that life was freaking awesome. Smoked the whole g of Thai in one Joint. I dunno if it was a touch of paranoia creeping in from smoking in front of my girlfriend for the first time, or the tiredness from driving to the airport at 3 am, but I didn't really enjoy the Thai high. It felt somewhat harsh to me, I could still function normally but my mind was racing. Kept thinking my girlfriend was really pissed at me for getting high. (she not a smoker) I discussed it later with her and she said she was fine with it and was just tired also, and that's why she was a bit quiet. After some munch and a nap back at the hotel we were both ready for our week of fun times!

Anyway, the coffeeshop was great, the staff were really friendly. As I said didn't enjoy the Thai but that was perhaps circumstantial. The Amnesia Haze I smoked later in the week and it provided an enjoyable "pre night out" smoke.

I liked Rookies, it was quite quiet on a Sunday afternoon, which I needed for my first toke in that long. good music and friendly staff.
"Let no man make laws for me"
Dankenstien

Post by Dankenstien »

Kermit wrote:Looked at all the hash and two types of bud then left to go to NOON in hope of decent bud :lol:
And did you find it? :D
I grabbed 2 grams of hash from bulldog, walked over here and got 1 more gram of some really good hash (cant remember any of the names) rolled them all together into a ball and toked it in my jack herer hash pipe and had a nice little time. i've been to about 8 different shops and never found any outstanding staff, the budtenders are usualy cool though, but I liked this place for the open space - I don't like being crammed in a little basement so much haha
http://www.penisland.net/
..you know you want to..
feelgood

Post by feelgood »

Dropped in and rolled two Northern Lights. A bit green. The buzz just went to one spot in the middle of my head and no where else. It just stayed there. Will not try it again.

Nice coffeeshop. Chillin', some window view watching people. I agree with other post that it is probably one of the betters spots to chill in the Leidseplein area. I'll definitely go back and try something else.
spliffy360

Post by spliffy360 »

i do like this shop, always a friendly atmosphere in there, not a buyer of the bud there, but i normal pop in at least once when im in the dam. :)
Smokey McPot

Post by Smokey McPot »

Usual great place to chill, northern lights were not as good as usual but OK
If carlsburg made weed it would be northern lights 5x
Worsall

Post by Worsall »

Another old favourite of mine, stayed here before it was changed to a hostel and prices went OTT for what you get. Bud was never that great as I recall but the atmosphere was excellent. Note to visit again next week for old times sake!
Bifton

Post by Bifton »

Got a couple of mates goggs and bod who loved this place and will be gutted if it closes completely. Will also have to visit on their behalf
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

Bifton wrote:Got a couple of mates goggs and bod who loved this place and will be gutted if it closes completely. Will also have to visit on their behalf
I believe it will become a smoker friendly bar, based on a conversation last year.

It was a much better bar than coffeeshop IMO.
"Laif" with a long "a".
Bifton

Post by Bifton »

Cool that will cheer them up. Am trying to get them out there and would not go if rookies closed.