Rokerij

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Rokerij

I like Rokerij
88%
I don't like Rokerij
12%

Total votes: 180

WLow

Re: Rokerij

Post by WLow »

Sorry for not responding i was away last 2 days,

the ig is @coffeshopamsterdamcafe

I like the couch we can see on the other picture but the downstairs tables aren't really great me thinks...
will still check it out anyway, the tables outside would be nice for a beer.

say its open 10 am to 1am for the moment and will be open later on weekends.

Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

That's quite cute in its way. By renaming Dampkring II 'Coffeeshop Amsterdam', they not only get found easily by those who google the words, but get to put the word 'coffeeshop' in the name of their non-coffeeshop bar/café.
WLow

Post by WLow »

Yes easier to identify, even more on google maps just taping coffeshop :D

Barney's has his "uptown" this is the "coffeshop amsterdam" café.
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

Hope they gonna have bongs
Umberto77

Post by Umberto77 »

This called coffeeshopamsterdam cafe!
coffeeshopamsterdam (dampkring) opened a smoke friendly bar! Great place there are Many tables in the basement as well!
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

This week:

Read about that change on here and wanted to see what all the fuss is about.
So on arrival we immediately entered there while visiting the usual suspects in that area ; especially since due to location it's handy for the last session before boarding.

However, they don't have bongs and the place is average(Rokerij even though a boring chain used to have sort of unique setups at their shops at least) so we just left. Bummer because their patio would have been lovely considering the nice enough weather in recent days in town.
la2019

Post by la2019 »

I wonder why they ditched the patio/vestibule/front room thing, which is a bit of a shame really. I heard that Battavia did as well. Anyone know if this trend is a city-wide thing?
macky

Post by macky »

la2019 wrote: Fri 13th Apr 2018 03:31 pm I wonder why they ditched the patio/vestibule/front room thing, which is a bit of a shame really. I heard that Battavia did as well. Anyone know if this trend is a city-wide thing?
It does not fit historically ,and they have started cracking down on structures witch take half if not all the side walk. City,s changing boats to electric motors and always working towards a living city not a car city.
Umberto77

Post by Umberto77 »

The city Amsterdam does not allow patio s anymore! This was The reason Why This place stayed close for a long time.
macky

Post by macky »

Umberto77 wrote: Fri 13th Apr 2018 08:46 pm The city Amsterdam does not allow patio s anymore! This was The reason Why This place stayed close for a long time.
There,s still patio.s if your not in the middle of side walk ,roof top terrace and outside eating on there property,
Batavia was under gun for patio since the beginning ,church and historical society.
Must always remember Amsterdam is on UNESCO World Heritage list ,so they will always try and save the origanal look, Faust of the old buildings.
la2019

Post by la2019 »

That's interesting--and I gotta say, pretty good reasons. I only ever went to that Rokerij once, early in the morning on the first day of one of my trips. It was maybe our 3rd stop (we got in early). We sat and smoked and watched the early morning bustle and declared that every trip would henceforth start there...and then they got shut down. But it was a brilliant place while it was there.