Paradox

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Paradox

I like Paradox
97%
I don't like Paradox
3%

Total votes: 170

daymo

Paradox

Post by daymo »

My favourite coffee shop in Amsterdam. I went there several times as it was close to where I was staying. The staff are cool and it's a local crowd. Their moroccan pollen is a very nice smoke indeed.

godhed

Post by godhed »

My favorite place to have a latte and plan my travels for the day. Friendly service and a relaxed warm vibe.
puffpuffgive

Post by puffpuffgive »

a little out of the way but worth the trip! i received very friendly service even tho they were under renovation at the time.
Bio skunk- lovely natural smoke, not a knockout just right
nepal jungly manala (sp?)- good high & taste but a bit uneven in texture
dutch ice hash- NICE! strong, clean high with a herbal-fresh hint to the taste.
ik hou van amsterdam
photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/bananaface1000/
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Still a nice CS although i cant see much improvement with the renovation work that has take place.
Bought Cheese which was average and ACE which again was average but still a pleasent visit and calm vibe.
They also sell 5euro bags which is always good for the newb smoker :wink:
zz

Post by zz »

Didn't buy any weed here, but stopped in for some ham/cheese toasties after visiting the Anne Frank house. The warm vibe was a great way to unwind from that experience. Best toasties that I found in the city. Plus, they were fine with me smoking what I brought. Not every shop feels that way.
Last edited by zz on Sun 3rd May 2009 02:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boner

Post by Boner »

Kermit wrote:Still a nice CS although i cant see much improvement with the renovation work that has take place.
It wasn't really a renovation more just a lick of paint.

I love this shop, everything about it brilliant, the weed & hash have always been very good, the chocolope I picked up on 4:20 was the best chocolope I've tried, the food is always very good, the tostis and the bagettes are always tasty and fresh, the milkshakes are the best in Amsterdam thanks to them being made with fresh fruit instead of places like Amnesia who use a syrup, the location is awesome it could be better if it was around the corner on the Bloemgracht but that cant be helped, once again 10/10.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
codejd

Post by codejd »

the cheese was nice...any other suggestions???
Donkey smell.
Boner

Post by Boner »

Try the Chocolope.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
codejd

Post by codejd »

Boner wrote:Try the Chocolope.
thanks...it is quite nice 8)
Donkey smell.
colinzeal

Post by colinzeal »

Wow Paradox is a very nice place to smoke. It is a nice spacious alcove room on a quiet residential street. Friendly dealer the day I was there.

Excellent food and drinks menu and I had a fantastic sandwich and a tasty cookie (non space).

Afterwards I sampled their NY Cheisel and for €12 received 1.1g which tasted great. Good music too and the clientelle included many locals stopping for a joint as well as a few tourists groups over the hours we spent. Nice friendly shop to chill in, will be back
niggaplease

Post by niggaplease »

Stepped in here Wednesday morning last week and bought 3g of Jamaican from the female budtender. Nice place to chill. Atmosphere was almost ruined by some baldheaded local guy who spoke loudly and almost drove a customer away. Was it you Gapie? You fit the description from other comments here.
inemetz

Post by inemetz »

Going by myself and the 5e bags are a big plus for me. Get to try a bunch of different stuff without killing myself.

4 weeks to go. Didn't think November was as far away as it's turning out to be when I booked the trip.
XANAX

Post by XANAX »

This is a great low key out of the way spot. The weed is good and they also have very potent pot brownies, too. The budtender was very friendly too. Their cappucccinos are good too.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Awesome coffee, good weed, good service and the Chocolata hash is so nice.

Edit: Went today and there was some OLD wives meeting or something, they took all the chairs and put them around a table in the middle of the busy CS. WTF at least 6 customers turned around and walked out and i followed closely behind WTF, Cheese not so good but coffee is the bomb 8)
Last edited by Kermit on Wed 11th Nov 2009 08:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
liquidSwords

Post by liquidSwords »

This has always been of my favourite shops :-). Great coffee, great vibe, nice and friendly bud/bar tenders, and love the discreet location, i even like the sign they have outside, love to chill in here for a game of chess. And always see locals popping in to buy their smoke. A nice little walk away from the centre aswell to open up your lungs ready for a good old smoke in Paradox
Excuse me while I light my Spliff.....