Het Ballonnetje

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Ballonnetje

I like Ballonnetje
95%
I don't like Ballonnetje
5%

Total votes: 81

MsLed

Post by MsLed »

Excellent coffeeshop away from the centre and the tourists. Good menu, friendly staff and fruity buds.

Wide selection of tea too.

It is light and airy with lots of plants, totally my kind of place.

We tried the cherry bud which was sweet.

:P

Mrs Peel
Adamster

het Ballonnetje

Post by Adamster »

i havent been there wet!
but will be cuz they have the cheapest KATAMA HASH in town(what iv found so far)

offmetree

Post by offmetree »

Hey there, first post here but needed to comment on this coffeeshop.

It a while since we were there, 2006 i think, so the memory is a little hazy.

great little shop opposite the UVA (university) with 2 floors as far as i remember.

sold only sativa weed a beleive and had a crazy frog in a tank! kept us entertained whilst getting smoked.

very nice place
Eat Well. Stay Fit. Die Anyway.
:)
petewithers

Post by petewithers »

Like seemingly everyone else here, I recommend this place, especially if you're staying in the Plantage area or visiting the Zoo / Botanical Gardens. Overkant Hortus has a more convenient location, but it's a really a 'buy and go' place, whereas here is a good place to chill for an hour or two.

Again as people have said, they don't like you rolling up outside (school and residential area with lots of kids nearby, apparently), but you can smoke outside on their comfortable tables no probs. Good drinks, reasonable prices, friendly staff and a local crowd makes a change, but it's not always as quiet as some people here make out - it's just that many locals don't get wrecked all day (well, most don't...!) Pretty decent weed too the couple of times I've bought here.

Definitely check it out if you're in the area.
Prestoned

Post by Prestoned »

There was 6 of us roplling up beefy js with no problems the other month
:)
Heynubis

Post by Heynubis »

Hi there,
This is indeed one of my fave CSs. Discovered when I was in the area, and have been 4 times. Twice I was lucky enough to get a seat next to the tank with the frogs and lizards. Once was brave enough to go upstairs as it was busy down, and 1 of these was when Darts were being shown and the banter with the locals was lively.

The staff are always friendly and the smoke is really good. But alas what I smoked is in the haze, esp as my last visit was Aug 2007. Going again on 26th November and it will be on my list. If anyone has up-to-date info bout the smoking situation (I have to put tobacco in, pure would kill me!).
Paul
old(ish)dog on his own path thru the undergrowth
Fermex

Post by Fermex »

^lightweight,lol
Heynubis

Post by Heynubis »

We all know our limits. I prefer tobacco purely so that I can fit more of what A'dam has to offer, and I love to stroll in the rain smoking, which doesnt bode well for me personally when totally mashed, thats best sampled with the creature comforts of indoors for me.
old(ish)dog on his own path thru the undergrowth
Fermex

Post by Fermex »

i walked over to this place from prinsengracht one day and found it a cool lil coffee shop.

The budtender was'nt an asshole which is always a bonus and i just rolled a quick spliff before heading back out into the cold. The place doesnt seem that special but its a good stopover coffee shop if your out and about for the day.
Judo

Het Ballonetje

Post by Judo »

This place is used mainly by locals.

I tried a some of the Blonde Polm €6 per grm and Lemon Haze €11 per grm. Beware though, Im certain the deals were light and realised on my way back to the hotel I had been shortchanged by 1 €.

I guess if the guy selling the dope thinks your some dumb tourist he can get away with it. Shame, quality of the smoke was quite good.
Boner

Post by Boner »

bavlondon

Post by bavlondon »

Which tram goes closest here?
titus wong

Post by titus wong »

Dunno about trams. Fastest way I know to get to Het Ballonnetje from Centraal Station would be to take the Metro and get off at Weesperplein, a four minute train ride. Then, a 5 minute walk.

Check it out.

Nice locals joint.
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Balou

Post by Balou »

bavlondon wrote:Which tram goes closest here?
Tram 9 from Central or Dam Square to Plantage Kerklaan (Artis Zoo). Make the first right, cross over Nieuwe Keizergracht and Nieuwe Prinsengracht. The shop will be on your right across from the University. The walk is maybe 10 minutes.

Peace,
Balou
Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
LadyM

age restrictions...

Post by LadyM »

Hi there,

I found this forum while planning a trip to amsterdam, and I'm a little confused about the age restriction thing. I'm 20 (but look older), and I've read that you have to be 18 to enter a coffeeshop. In a youtube video about het ballonetje (that would be the coffeeshop next to our hotel) I saw a "21+" sign. Will I have trouble buying there? Could I at least enter and have a coffee? My boyfried is 25, it would feel kinda ridiculous not to be permitted to do the same things he does... actually kinda embarassing. Any experiences?