Het Ballonnetje

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Ballonnetje

I like Ballonnetje
95%
I don't like Ballonnetje
5%

Total votes: 81

Smith2

Re: Het Ballonnetje

Post by Smith2 »

Damn, I must have walked by this one when I was out that way. I'd love to try that hash -- strong, oily and black are three wonderful adjectives. Well, I'm sure I'll be back.

whitewidow

Post by whitewidow »

my husband,my friends and i made a point of going to this coffeeshop,after reading some of the reviews on here,we had been sitting in wertheim park (just up from the zoo) for a couple of hours,just chilling and watching the world pass by,as you do :) ,then my friend wanted to eat something,so we ate in a cafe across from the park,then she wanted to smoke something,so i told her about Het ballonetje,which was pretty close to where we were,so we trooted down here
I bought a gram of amnesia haze which was a lovely colour/smell,and covered in crystals,a really nice smoke
The staff here are friendly and helpful,and the coffee shop itself is tucked away out of the main center,and is lovely and quiet,and not overcrowded with yobbos or anything,and has a few outside tables.
So if you want good smoke/good service and peace and quiet while you enjoy your smoking,then this is a place for you!
gerishnikov

Post by gerishnikov »

Stumbled upon this place after we had been to the zoo, didn't buy anything and after reading about the shop regret not checking their hash out.
Very friendly locals shop, sign on the door states no under 21s although we were not asked for I'd though (im 24)
Will be back to visit this shop again.
Spaldwickapeface

Post by Spaldwickapeface »

Well as I do like this shop rather a lot I made a beeline in it's direction on the first morning of our trip this month. It was a lovely sunny day so we were able to make the most of the outside seating, watching the chicks cycle by is one of my favourite past times, ha ha ha.

I bought quite a wide selection of hash from here

1 gram of Maroc Gold 7 euros - this was light and fluffy, a good daytime smoke, I was not to wasted for the round of golf I played the next day, but it did help me really enjoy my sourondings that morning

1 gram of Nepal 7 euros - nothing exceptional to write home about, a good standard of black hash at a reasonable price. I can not complane with the effects, I was a happy boy sitting outside Het Ballonnetje that afternoon.

1 gram of Bio Weed 6 euros - I just wanted some weed to put in my hash joints to help fill them out a bit. This looked and smelt like pretty wack gear, I did not smoke any on it's own so can not comment on its potency, but it has got to be much better than tobaco right and at 6 euro I was not going to complane, it did the job i wanted it to nicely.

2 gram of NL Ice 9 euros - The bud tender felt she should warn me that this was a strong hash, I smiled at her and said 'I know' and we both had a laugh, by this time she thought I was going to have a good party that night! Yes this is strong hash indeed and very tastey to boot, it just crumbles into your rizla like a treat. When I rolled a joint of this later that evening my friend who is not a massive smoker could not believe what hit him. A great hash at a great price

Also the coffee and the service was as good as usual. A fantastic shop out of town that is well worth the walk, plus you can see a lot of the sights along the way. I have just remembered that this old boy was trying to reverse his car onto the road a little further up the street and backed it straight into a pizza delivery moped, the table of Dutch guys next to us along with me and my friend nearly wet our pants with laughter!

I will see you very soon guys :-)
I like bananas, monkey nuts and grapes. That's why they call me Sam of the apes
EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

^ Thanks for your report ^
I like this place, and it's a good one if you want to practice your Nederlands in a non-touristy, unrushed way.
Criterion Cafe across the street is a good place for a cheap bite and eat (student prices).
Smith2

Post by Smith2 »

Went here on Sunday morning specifically for the NL ice, but they were out of that and a couple of weed strains; the budtender apologised, said they'd sold a lot the previous day and there'd be a new delivery quite soon. Bought a gram of the Nepal and decided to hang about, as I didn't fancy going out there a second time, and the budtender gave me a free pre-rolled with the ice in so that I could taste it while I waited. Got two grams of the ice and came back the next day for some more. Top service, top gear. They've got newspapers as well, which is something I appreciate in a coffeeshop, or a pub, for that matter.
Spaldwickapeface

Post by Spaldwickapeface »

I am just remembering my last trip to Het Ballonnetje in early December; the snow started as we were cycling back up the banks of the Amstel having been to the Greenhouse Tolestraat, well we did not fancy getting cold and wet so we made a diversion in here for a cup off tea and a spliff. It was lovely and warm and the owner was putting up the Christmas decorations

The four of us were obviously not the only ones to have the bright idea and the down stairs was full, so I had to make my first trip up the stair case of death. It's actually not as bad as some people have written but when the glass door swings back onto you whilst you are carrying a drink you are in trouble.

As you get to the top of the stairs you turn left and there are four tables on an internal balcony above the bar area overlooking the rest of the shop. We took the largest of these tables which was perfect all of us. I had noticed when coming up the stairs a collection of games on the right hand side, so I picked up one of the sets of dominos. It was nine spot dominos rather than the conventional six, I taught the boys to play a game called windmill; much to the amusement of the guy on the next table, who studied our every move as we sat smoking and being merry.

I unfortunately had enough draw on me already so I did not pick up from the bud tender downstairs this was a shame as i have no difficulty spending my money here. The menu looked roughly the same just a couple of changes on the weed side. Their gear is still fair priced and I do love their NL Ice

See you in a couple of weeks guys
I like bananas, monkey nuts and grapes. That's why they call me Sam of the apes
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

This shop is under new ownership. The menu is much larger and completely different.

I asked the budtender if they are affiliated with any other shops and she replied "no".

FWIW....
"Laif" with a long "a".
bedge

Post by bedge »

Lafe wrote:This shop is under new ownership. The menu is much larger and completely different.

I asked the budtender if they are affiliated with any other shops and she replied "no".
high any idea when it changed hands??
i was there last october but it seemed the same guy!
was hoping to see him this thursday but looks like i might be out of luck
thanks
bedge
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

bedge wrote:
Lafe wrote:This shop is under new ownership. The menu is much larger and completely different.

high any idea when it changed hands??
i was there last october but it seemed the same guy!
was hoping to see him this thursday but looks like i might be out of luck
thanks
bedge
No idea when it changed hands. We were there on a Saturday afternoon and I was surprised the normal crew was absent. It may have something to do with the menu change, but that's just speculation.

We caught Django Unchained @ Kriterion just after leaving Ballonnetje. The #1 screen is spectacular, best video and audio I have experienced for some time. The seats are killer as well :-)
"Laif" with a long "a".
EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

FWIW....
http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/het%20Ba ... 3Steve.jpg

They've undergone a major interior renovation since I was last there, a long time ago. The Amnesia Haze Special 2.4gr/20eu has been one of this trip's best bargains- tasty and just a little racy; or perhaps pleasantly pushy. I believe Taylor called it "blisteringly clear".

Haven't had a chance to take a sober measure of the Bio or Black Diamond Ices, but I think they are certainly good deals. More on these later...

The Cheese was forgettable.

proost
EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

warning: I'm not a big hash consumer, so I don't have many references to base a solid opinion on.

Bio ice 10eu/gr- breakable, not gooey. dark brown-green color. Effect felt balanced between indica and sativa.

Black Diamond ice 18eu/gr- don't get this AND the Bio ice, since you won't want to have to go back to the Bio after having the Black Diamond. 8) slightly softer than the Bio, not gooey. lighter green color. When I first started smoking this, my first thought was, "ahhhh, a proper sativa high". Continued use though lead to a more Lost in Space effect.

I don't have enough experience with hash purchases to evaluate whether they were great deals.
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

visited here yesterday for the first time, been meaning to do so for a month now..... anyway the place looked nice in side, the staff were very friendly and the buds i looked at were all very nice.

EL CID KUSH - really nice and much like the stuff they sell in voyagers and funkey moneky, not as stiky as the bit i had from funky monkey though
SUPER LEMON HAZE - nicest i have had in a long time, very well cured :)
SUPER SILVER HAZE - again the nicest i have had in a while

prices were much like everywhere else
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
BlackDomina

Post by BlackDomina »

visited one week ago for the first time, a local coffeeshop with an old budtender very polite. the place was clean and well decorated. bought 20 eur of Amnesia (2,4 gr) and 20 eur of White Balloon (2,8 gr). both an outstanding smoke with well cured buds and top notch. one of the best coffeeshops in town for me.

a shot of the menu:

EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

BlackDomina wrote:visited one week ago for the first time, a local coffeeshop with an old budtender very polite. the place was clean and well decorated. bought 20 eur of Amnesia (2,4 gr) and 20 eur of White Balloon (2,8 gr).
BD-
The amnesia special (2,4g/20eu) was the best deal of my May/June trip. Bigger buds to be found than in 1 gram allotments, and at only 8.33 eu per gram...

Great place to visit if you're near the zoo/botanical gardens/'t IJ brewery.