Coffeeshop 137

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Do you like Coffeeshop 137?

Yes
96%
No
4%

Total votes: 26

Lemon Haze

Re: Coffeeshop 137 (aka Sturgis)

Post by Lemon Haze »

First time visiting this shop this week. Very cool little place. Nice seating inside and outside, friendly budtender and good choice of weed/hash.

First visit I tried a gram of iceloter. Not the best ice I've smoked, but a good buzz and smoked easily.

Second time I tried a gram of Shoreline. Very piney smell and a decent smoke. Not super strong, but a nice buzz and I think it was 12 or 13e per gram, so not too expensive.

Will be back more this week, but so far this is a great local shop that's worth stopping by.

"Drugs induce paranoia and psychosis in people who have never taken any." Terence McKenna
BlackDomina

Post by BlackDomina »

anyone tried the Chemdawg? Is really CD?
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

BlackDomina wrote:anyone tried the Chemdawg? Is really CD?
Had it back in April , lovely fuely smell to it , fairly strong effect but not very tasty at all , I haven't had enough or know enough about Chemdawg to say whether it was 100% CD or not though
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
Lemon Haze

Post by Lemon Haze »

Tried a gram of the shiva this week. OK buzz, but hard to burn. Not my favorite on this trip, but ok.
"Drugs induce paranoia and psychosis in people who have never taken any." Terence McKenna
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

Smoked some of their Super Polm last Saturday. Decent hash at EUR10, also picked up some of their Nepalese Black.

Young crowd who were very interested in me until they found I was a regular smoker. Later on they were showing off all the tablets, phones and other gizmos that people had "left" in there. Nice enough place, decent hash, but watch your pockets!
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

They had some almost completely purple Shoreline (€15/g) yesterday. Had that very particular and extremely pleasant aromatic smell too although it didn't quite burst out of the tub/bag the way I'd ideally want. Honestly the smoke report is rather vague due to final night overindulgence but I remember thinking it was a very good joint. Certainly the best example of Shoreline (or a cross) I personally came across over the weekend.
ShakeTheBud

Re: Coffeeshop 137

Post by ShakeTheBud »

Such a nice coffeeshop, great music and good quality weed. Had their dutch haze which is a fine strain for 10€, cheese at 12€ is good as well and smells really intense. Smoked a jay of their reekn og as well, 16€ if i remember right and a very pleasant kush high. Good cross!
amirsh1

Post by amirsh1 »

Just yesterday, I have stumbled upon very disturbing comment that have been posted, apparently by the owner - or someone on his behalf - to a legitimate complain from a customer:

I have to say I haven't been there yet, though I really wanted to. Now, I'm not so sure I do anymore )-:
JohnGreen

Post by JohnGreen »

Strange one that, I would tend to agree somewhat with the 137 reply, can't see any justicication for a 1 star review but they have done themselves a huge injustice with the insulting reply
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

While calling someone a fat pig doesn't reflect well on them at all, since when is it a random customer's right to dictate the atmosphere in a shop? What's next, they wouldn't change the music to suit his/her taste? Would they walk into a bar and do the same thing? If somewhere is too rowdy for you then you just move on; I'm not really surprised the regulars there didn't react too well to being shushed by a tourist, even if that response could have been much better worded!
amirsh1

Post by amirsh1 »

Not_the_monk wrote:While calling someone a fat pig doesn't reflect well on them at all, since when is it a random customer's right to dictate the atmosphere in a shop? What's next, they wouldn't change the music to suit her taste? Would she walk into a bar and do the same thing? If somewhere is too rowdy for you then you just move on; I'm not really surprised the regulars there didn't react too well to bring shushed by a tourist!
I'm agreeing with what you're saying about the customer 100%, but this is not the point.
Who in is right mind will comment publicly like that?
Unless they had enough with new customers, and would like from now on to do business only with their friends.

Anyway it's a shame.
BongHug82

Post by BongHug82 »

Has anyone tried the Skuff from here? Hoping it will be on the menu in a couple of weeks.
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

amirsh1 wrote:
I'm agreeing with what you're saying about the customer 100%, but this is not the point.
Who in is right mind will comment publicly like that?
Unless they had enough with new customers, and would like from now on to do business only with their friends.

Anyway it's a shame.
Certainly the insulting tone of the response isn't very clever, not necessarily in the person's first language but no, not the right phrasing at all. You see similar quite often though on things like Trip Advisor with restaurants responding to negative reviews etc, people get defensive at ott criticism and so respond in kind not realising that leaves a worse impression than the original review.

Fwiw I've always found the budtenders and vibe at 137 to be pretty decent, there's probably a low tolerance to fools and tourists who act like they own the place, but you get that in most coffeeshops. Doesn't excuse the post, but most coffeeshops aren't really the most professional of establishments in terms of customer service etc with probably just some random untrained staff member running their social media and whatnot so the risk of this sort of thing happening has got to be higher.
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

there ca be a strong male, local vibe here sometimes...
as a female I have always been treated really well here and have even been included in their banter when it has gottena bit boisterous, made to feel at home and comfortable.
i like the place
as far as the comments - well we are visitors to a place that others get to call home
not a very mature response from them, but understandable after watching some of the attitude that visitors display.
2rare2die

Post by 2rare2die »

One of my fav shops. Never had any bad customer service from there and their smokes are on point! Budtenders let you know what's good ATM, not just trying to sell most expensive stuff. I agree that their response to review wasn't very clever.. Good staff, good weed/hash, comfy and clean shop, just improve your social media skills and be nice to customers even they are assholes.. :D