Voyagers

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Voyagers

I like Voyagers
93%
I don't like Voyagers
7%

Total votes: 484

samnesia

Re: Voyagers

Post by samnesia »

sherbert sunset nice and strong but a bit pricey 15€/g

LN94

Post by LN94 »

samnesia wrote: Wed 11th Dec 2019 09:45 pm sherbert sunset nice and strong but a bit pricey 15€/g
Had this last week and agree that it was quite strong. Tasted absolutely nothing like Sunset Sherbet though, was a bit of a strange taste, not the best. But enjoyed the high.
Apus

Post by Apus »

Extremely overpriced. Also the quality has strongly decreased after the change of ownership. The handling is meanwhile very unfriendly. The fat dealer weighed 0.9 g and then pressed some "1g button" in the cash register...
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Apus wrote: Thu 26th Dec 2019 07:03 am The handling is meanwhile very unfriendly. The fat dealer weighed 0.9 g and then pressed some "1g button" in the cash register...

That does, sadly, not surprise... The "new owners" (if you can even call it that) seemingly have many things to answer for, shame on them!

Avoid if you value decency and honest people!
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
FODSmith

Post by FODSmith »

Without this forum, when I rediscovered Mokum some 8 years ago, I'd have probably swerved Voyagers (along with Central), thinking that their location meant that they could get away with being tourist traps. Looks like Voyagers finally took that step. Hey, at least Central is still a decent shop, even if you can't smoke inside any more.
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 09:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CopenhagenCouple

kingbee wrote: Fri 27th Dec 2019 10:19 am
FODSmith wrote: Thu 26th Dec 2019 04:47 pm Without this forum, when I rediscovered Mokum some 8 years ago, I'd have probably swerved Voyagers (along with Central), thinking that their location meant that they could get away with being tourist traps. Looks like Voyagers finally took that step. Hey, at least Central is still a decent shop, even if you can't smoke inside any more.
Yeah it looks like Voyagers has just decided to sell out and pander to the mass over-tourism situation that's going on...For Shame!!
It definitely wasn't the Voyagers gang (i.e. Andy and Co) that decided to sell out! They have moved on to other and better places (where we're sure they will do well) and what remains, as far as we know, has nothing to do with the old Voyagers (besides the name and location ofc). It's not for us to go into further details, other that to repeat what we said before, avoid!
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 09:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CopenhagenCouple

kingbee wrote: Fri 27th Dec 2019 10:27 pm Well the previous owners did sell out, quite literally!

They sold the business to profiteers, who don't care about quality - the new owners just want to capitalise on the prime location it occupies near Centraal station, by attracting hordes of tourists to it, and the previous owners are laughing all the way to the bank!
You seem mighty sure about that, you do know what they say about assumptions right?
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

kingbee wrote: Fri 27th Dec 2019 10:27 pm Well the previous owners did sell out, quite literally!

They sold the business to profiteers, who don't care about quality - the new owners just want to capitalise on the prime location it occupies near Centraal station, by attracting hordes of tourists to it, and the previous owners are laughing all the way to the bank!
Yeah except that's not even close to the actual story. They got fucked by a petty and greedy power play of the actual building owner.

So I kindly direct you to the words of my Danish compadre above, regarding the nature of assumptions...
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 09:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
macky

Post by macky »

kingbee wrote: Fri 27th Dec 2019 11:49 pm I have edited my reply above to better reflect the circumstances of the situation.
:D Very big of you 8) I think we can know agree to get along ?
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matty223

Post by matty223 »

kingbee wrote: Fri 27th Dec 2019 10:19 am
FODSmith wrote: Thu 26th Dec 2019 04:47 pm Without this forum, when I rediscovered Mokum some 8 years ago, I'd have probably swerved Voyagers (along with Central), thinking that their location meant that they could get away with being tourist traps. Looks like Voyagers finally took that step. Hey, at least Central is still a decent shop, even if you can't smoke inside any more.
Yeah it looks like Voyagers has just decided to sell out and pander to the mass over-tourism situation that's going on...For Shame!!
Not that they sold out, new people running the place,, hit up babba gear your used to you will find the folks that used to run Voyagers there.
matty223

Post by matty223 »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Fri 27th Dec 2019 11:34 pm

Yeah except that's not even close to the actual story. They got fucked by a petty and greedy power play of the actual building owner.

So I kindly direct you to the words of my Danish compadre above, regarding the nature of assumptions...
Shame the guys worked so hard to bring this shop back from nothing to one of the best shops withsome of the best gear in town..