Voyagers

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Voyagers

I like Voyagers
93%
I don't like Voyagers
7%

Total votes: 484

macky

Re: Voyagers

Post by macky »

Nice read ..first report beside Marco in awhile :D
The guy with dreads is a member here named Highly blessed ,he runs Basjoe I think now ..if I,m wrong someone will here will correct me :D He still sells buds From pheno finder brands ,lemon bubble etc. His partner sells same brands at-there other shop witch name escapes me too . Some member will come along :lol: Fuck I need to get back there ....

Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Really nice review ScottishC thanks for that :thumbup: :mrgreen:
macky wrote: Fri 2nd Jul 2021 01:21 am The guy with dreads is a member here named Highly blessed ,he runs Basjoe I think now ..if I,m wrong someone will here will correct me He still sells buds From pheno finder brands ,lemon bubble etc. His partner sells same brands at-there other shop witch name escapes me too . Some member will come along Fuck I need to get back there ....
ScottishC wrote: Thu 1st Jul 2021 11:35 am The service was decent. Not overly friendly but not rude either. I find budtenders generally so rude that anything better than "sneering prick" is a pleasant surprise. Still, it's a far cry from the excellent service from the fella with the dreadlocks who used to work in Voyagers, who I always regarded as the nicest budtender in Amsterdam.
As far as I know he runs Coffeeshop Baghera (coffeeshop next door to Basjoe) and Coffeeshop Baba with his mate and is a main head of Phenofinders seeds. Really relaxed guy... down to earth and a coffeeshop owner who really has love for the plant which is not so common today :clap:
macky wrote: Fri 2nd Jul 2021 01:21 am It made me laugh a bit to see the Lemon Bubble labeled on the menu as "Voyager's Famous Lemon Bubble". How inauthentic and touristy can you get?
:lol: :lol: yeah they only want to fool people into thinking that it's still the old Voyagers :lol: furthermore they still use the cool space invader logo :?
just a rip off... while I talked to Andy (budtender with dreads) once about it and well he wasn´t happy about that but Coffeeshop Baghera has much more space than the old Voyagers Coffeeshop and Coffeeshop Baba is a really nice looking coffeeshop only the location of the old coffeeshop was better right next to the train station...
macky

Post by macky »

I knew someone would correct the record :D nice ..just can not believe I forgot the name Baba , Danny is good budtender too .
Smoked a few recommendations from him never disappoints :mrgreen:
ScottishC

Post by ScottishC »

Thanks for the info guys. I'm staying not too far away so I'll definitely drop into Baba when I need to reload.
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

had to wait for somebody near voyagers ....

Didnt see much customers lol i declare this coffeeshop officially DEAD !
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
matty223

Post by matty223 »

Marok21 wrote: Sun 4th Jul 2021 09:02 pm Really nice review ScottishC thanks for that :thumbup: :mrgreen:
macky wrote: Fri 2nd Jul 2021 01:21 am The guy with dreads is a member here named Highly blessed ,he runs Basjoe I think now ..if I,m wrong someone will here will correct me He still sells buds From pheno finder brands ,lemon bubble etc. His partner sells same brands at-there other shop witch name escapes me too . Some member will come along Fuck I need to get back there ....
ScottishC wrote: Thu 1st Jul 2021 11:35 am The service was decent. Not overly friendly but not rude either. I find budtenders generally so rude that anything better than "sneering prick" is a pleasant surprise. Still, it's a far cry from the excellent service from the fella with the dreadlocks who used to work in Voyagers, who I always regarded as the nicest budtender in Amsterdam.
As far as I know he runs Coffeeshop Baghera (coffeeshop next door to Basjoe) and Coffeeshop Baba with his mate and is a main head of Phenofinders seeds. Really relaxed guy... down to earth and a coffeeshop owner who really has love for the plant which is not so common today :clap:
macky wrote: Fri 2nd Jul 2021 01:21 am It made me laugh a bit to see the Lemon Bubble labeled on the menu as "Voyager's Famous Lemon Bubble". How inauthentic and touristy can you get?
:lol: :lol: yeah they only want to fool people into thinking that it's still the old Voyagers :lol: furthermore they still use the cool space invader logo :?
just a rip off... while I talked to Andy (budtender with dreads) once about it and well he wasn´t happy about that but Coffeeshop Baghera has much more space than the old Voyagers Coffeeshop and Coffeeshop Baba is a really nice looking coffeeshop only the location of the old coffeeshop was better right next to the train station...
Coffeeshop Bagheera is were highly blessed is at
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

RvanSteensel wrote: Sat 5th Nov 2022 11:56 pm had to wait for somebody near voyagers ....

Didnt see much customers lol i declare this coffeeshop officially DEAD !
Very sad but true just a soulless place more :? Most of the times I passed the coffeeshop nobody was inside, too.

When I look back at the time when I first visited coffeeshops and compare that to now many things has really gotten worse from year to year :? Places like de Graal, Utopia, Homegrown Fantasy, Voyagers dissapeared or were taken over. Corona made it even worse... many places like for example Coffeeshop Tweede Kamer (which was one of my favorite coffeeshops because it was so "gezellig" in this small little place) are since corona only for takeaway now :? the vibe is completely different :?

Well there are still some nice places like Coffeeshop Solo, Mr. K with a really chilled atmosphere but it gets more and more the exception. Like said before most places are soulless now but have a lot of fake Cali weed on the menu which they can sell to tourists :lol:
matty223

Post by matty223 »

Hotel still on going Renovations it's been about a year I think this has been renovating the hotel
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Marok21 wrote: Mon 7th Nov 2022 04:15 pm
Very sad but true just a soulless place more :? Most of the times I passed the coffeeshop nobody was inside, too.

When I look back at the time when I first visited coffeeshops and compare that to now many things has really gotten worse from year to year :? Places like de Graal, Utopia, Homegrown Fantasy, Voyagers dissapeared or were taken over. Corona made it even worse... many places like for example Coffeeshop Tweede Kamer (which was one of my favorite coffeeshops because it was so "gezellig" in this small little place) are since corona only for takeaway now :? the vibe is completely different :?

Well there are still some nice places like Coffeeshop Solo, Mr. K with a really chilled atmosphere but it gets more and more the exception. Like said before most places are soulless now but have a lot of fake Cali weed on the menu which they can sell to tourists :lol:
Totally agree about Voyagers, I also walked past last week and it was empty, everything's marble in there now and doesn't look inviting in the slightest.

Tbh this could be a thread of its own, but also couldn't agree more about how covid seems to have massively accelerated what had already been happening to the coffeeshop scene. There's a distinct lack of really homely, friendly and unique places now that you'd actually want to spend real time in compared with even a decade ago, let alone longer than that. I still get a similar vibe from the city itself - more sanitised perhaps and less crazy, but still a very nice place, but the coffeeshop vibe has definitely changed even more than that.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Not_the_monk wrote: Mon 7th Nov 2022 09:52 pm Tbh this could be a thread of its own, but also couldn't agree more about how covid seems to have massively accelerated what had already been happening to the coffeeshop scene. There's a distinct lack of really homely, friendly and unique places now that you'd actually want to spend real time in compared with even a decade ago, let alone longer than that. I still get a similar vibe from the city itself - more sanitised perhaps and less crazy, but still a very nice place, but the coffeeshop vibe has definitely changed even more than that.
I couldn't have said it better :D
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

yeah this is what globalism does to us , everything becomes bland
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

RvanSteensel wrote: Fri 18th Nov 2022 07:35 pm yeah this is what globalism does to us , everything becomes bland
I knew it, it them dang illuminati lizards with the masonry fetish again, isn't it? :evil: 🤬🤣
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
macky

Post by macky »

Some will remember when talking on cell phone would get you thrown out :mrgreen:
Have coffee with some cookies and some conversation ,rolling the blunt was half the fun or watching a pro roll one :D Oh the good old days when wearing a baseball hat got ya the boot :) Spent hours de Kraemer watching tourist get abused by BT ...PS Iknow the hat thing was to do with stick ups but some of those BT where a bit over the top
kalima

Post by kalima »

RvanSteensel wrote: Fri 18th Nov 2022 07:35 pm yeah this is what globalism does to us , everything becomes bland
too true as well as destroying independent shops world over... Ⓐ
IrishSmoker1916

Post by IrishSmoker1916 »

kalima wrote: Sat 19th Nov 2022 02:33 pm
too true as well as destroying independent shops world over... Ⓐ
Those independent shops wouldn't have got destroyed if they had good stuff, terps army and the plug took over shops and the quality was better instantly