Voyagers

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Voyagers

I like Voyagers
93%
I don't like Voyagers
7%

Total votes: 484

Hitthepanda

Re: Voyagers

Post by Hitthepanda »

yeah it's quite unfortunate when you ask the budtender how a strain is and he replies, ''not the best now, you have to get it when the batch is better/nugs are bigger'' like how am i supposed to know when that is? :D and it's not like they always lower the price when it's smaller nugs/shittier quality as the above poster says...

DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

Watermelon zkittlez
Star cake
Kosher kush

All 17 a gram

Clearly taking pricing advice from the likes of greenhouse and barneys

Won’t be stepping over that door again
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
macky

Post by macky »

DjShaggy wrote: Thu 2nd May 2019 10:42 am Watermelon zkittlez
Star cake
Kosher kush

All 17 a gram

Was talking to the owner,s at 420,told me what they are charged from guy or guy,s ? They double what there charged.
They also said most CS grow op is in other country ...Spain not sure didn,t ask :D
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

I’ve also been told the same from owners of a different coffeeshop. 100% markup on everything.
Hitthepanda

Post by Hitthepanda »

lol guess they saw the 15-16 increase changed nothing so might as well keep going right? wonder if their watermelon skittlez is better than the balloon's for 15/g , thinking not
MrKushPuffer

Post by MrKushPuffer »

macky wrote: Thu 2nd May 2019 10:57 am
DjShaggy wrote: Thu 2nd May 2019 10:42 am Watermelon zkittlez
Star cake
Kosher kush

All 17 a gram

Was talking to the owner,s at 420,told me what they are charged from guy or guy,s ? They double what there charged.
They also said most CS grow op is in other country ...Spain not sure didn,t ask :D

So the guys who grows the weed are charging more right?
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

Hitthepanda wrote: Thu 2nd May 2019 12:48 pm lol guess they saw the 15-16 increase changed nothing so might as well keep going right? wonder if their watermelon skittlez is better than the balloon's for 15/g , thinking not
I would be surprised if it’s not identical
Hitthepanda

Post by Hitthepanda »

So basically all the weeds that were changed from 15-16e have now been moved to the 17.50 euro level. Not sure if shaggy meant watermelon Skittles was 17 flat or 17.5 but checked out the shop today and it's 17.5 with others at 16.5/17. Seriously wtf they are 15 forever then in a span of couple months drastically increase prices at random intervals? Seems like they are just realizing that if they increase price like this that there is 0 drop in demand. I expect to see 18.5 way sooner than I imagined
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Ah yes, the ever shape-shifting landscape that is the Amsterdam coffeeshop scene. Voyagers is quickly sliding out of favor in my book, sad times.

Original Dampkring (insert obligatory :roll: anytime I type out the word "original" referring to them, :lol: #pettty) is on the up-and-up though in my book. Really diggin' the wares from my last run good hash and flower, 'tis not a cheap shop though. Hash is unique and rare, but assuredly priced higher than most other similar wares/places. Flower is also a bit steep, really wish the "Piff Haze" was a touch cheaper, but it looks like a true wispy old-school pure-ish Sativa type haze, so I reckon she runs a long flowering time.
Hackman420

Post by Hackman420 »

Do they still have Lemon Bubble on their menu? Was a stable on my last couple trips to the Dam... Cheers!
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Wed 8th May 2019 11:22 am
Original Dampkring (insert obligatory :roll: anytime I type out the word "original" referring to them, :lol: #pettty) is on the up-and-up though in my book.
I think now d2 is none existent we can drop the original and just call it dampkring
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Hackman420 wrote: Wed 15th May 2019 09:24 am Do they still have Lemon Bubble on their menu? Was a stable on my last couple trips to the Dam... Cheers!
They do as of last week, at €13/g.

To echo most of the posts above, was very unimpressed with their new menu which is now just reminiscent of every other tourist coffeeshop and their pricing structures. Grabbed a couple of g of the Fromage Blue (still at €12), came in a silly glass jar and the bud inside was just ok, very dry and not particularly stinky, smoked ok but definitely not as good as it has been previously. Didn't bother going back for the rest of our trip.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

It´s really sad to hear all that :? My mate was there on 420 and got their Notorios OG, Star Cake and Kosher Kush... the Kosher Kush was good but he was pretty pissed about the Star Cake and Notorious OG :evil: We had some really nice weed from Voyagers in the past and the coffeeshop was known for it´s quality, honesty and no "Cali Weed" prices... so why they sell now worse quality for higher prices??? :? For me Andy was one of the best coffeeshop owners in town...

I have my own theory... :lol: I heard somewhere that Andy and the owner of The Plug Ams have already met... furthermore I think they work together (Plug had some Phenofinders Strains on the menu). I could imagine that "the Plug" told Andy that it´s possible to grow his seeds in spain and import the final product to NL. So maybe Andy thought that the final product would be nearly as good as "Cali Weed" but for cheaper prices like 17,50€/g which is still to much! but better than 25-35€/g. Like others wrote it could be spanish grown weed... it could also been grown organic but it´s simply not good enough for such a high price!
macky wrote: Thu 2nd May 2019 10:57 am Was talking to the owner,s at 420,told me what they are charged from guy or guy,s ? They double what there charged.
They also said most CS grow op is in other country ...Spain not sure didn,t ask
So maybe Voyagers paid that "high prices" and have to make it more expensive so that they don´t loose money in the end. Well the only correct thing would be if they sell it for a fair price :? That it´s grown in spain now and that they thought that the final product would be much better would be an explanation for the price increases :?

Would be nice to hear something of Highlyblessed about that topic.
@Highlyblessed
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

I get Spanish amnesia posted to the Uk £150 for 28g

Obviously some strains will be higher priced but also better deals will be available if having 10...

It’s just higher profits
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

I think it’s basically a policy shift that €15 won’t be the ceiling anymore rather than anything to do with losing money due to having paid more for a specific batch or two. Sure, they’ve paid more for some now, but they’ve probably paid more for the odd batch in the past as well and just had to accept a slightly lower margin for those situations, while they had a price cap. Perceived wisdom suggests they pay a max of half the price they charge for weed, so they were doing very well for themselves even at €15...moneys, everyone wants more moneys in the end...not that it’s right, it’s just what it is.