Voyagers

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Voyagers

I like Voyagers
93%
I don't like Voyagers
7%

Total votes: 484

i'll_be_high

Re: Voyagers

Post by i'll_be_high »

Went to Voyagers on Friday and picked up 2 g of Purple Lemon Cookies and 3 g of their Lemon Bubble, both for EUR 12.

The Lemon was top notch as usual, nice crystal covered buds, well cured and dry when bought. The fruity citrus taste is always a pleasure. 9/10.

The Purple was nice too, the taste was fruity from the haze parts and earthy from the kush components of this strain at the same time. The buds were smaller, but just as well tended to. 9/10

Service was friendly, budtender showed me a couple of strains and offered advice. They also had Gorilla Glue and Sour Diesel on the menu, but the batches didnt particularly appeal to me.

I also went to Grey Area, Amnesia and Dampkring and would rate Grey Area and Voyagers the best of these four.

Hitthepanda

Post by Hitthepanda »

just wanted to update that voyagers has a ''herz og'' for 15/g that I don't think they had a couple days ago. got it today and it is a super tasty smoke with a nice OG earthy flavor and solidly potent. would recommend enough to post about it here :D
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

First thing I smoked when I got there was the scotts Og, terrible. Black ash and oily taste.
Sour diesel had no smell or flavour and very little power.

Then I said ok let’s try the expensive strains
Tangie - super tasty but no power at all
Gorilla glue, clean and strong very good
Do-si-dos also clean and quite tasty
Orange cookies really strong very clean and nice taste not overly orangey tho

So in summary the weed is ok if you stick to the top shelf. I still rate this as one of the best canal belt coffeeshops.
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Can also vouch for the Orange Cookies. Minimal, but certainly present, Orange-citrusy profile followed up with a prominent backdrop of gassy OG-esque notes. Notable hit and potency.

Lemon Bubble as usual is a solid enough haze for the price, both per about one week ago.
Hitthepanda

Post by Hitthepanda »

DjShaggy wrote: Sun 3rd Mar 2019 03:47 pm First thing I smoked when I got there was the scotts Og, terrible. Black ash and oily taste.

So in summary the weed is ok if you stick to the top shelf. I still rate this as one of the best canal belt coffeeshops.
had the scotts og there before and thought it was quite nice for 12/g, but agree that some strains batches are not as nice other times. can't remember the last time i smoked weed and thought to myself ''this tastes too oily!"
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

Hitthepanda wrote: Mon 4th Mar 2019 12:59 pm
DjShaggy wrote: Sun 3rd Mar 2019 03:47 pm First thing I smoked when I got there was the scotts Og, terrible. Black ash and oily taste.

had the scotts og there before and thought it was quite nice for 12/g, but agree that some strains batches are not as nice other times. can't remember the last time i smoked weed and thought to myself ''this tastes too oily!"
Do you smoke pure spliffs or do you mix with tobacco?
For me when the ash goes black and sticks together to form a hard lump of carbon on the end of your joint that stops it from burning its a bad sign.
The oily taste comes from plant fertilisers that haven’t been properly flushed out of the weed, again you can only really taste this when your smoking pure. It doesn’t taste like weed oil, more like motor oil.

It’s a OG. If it was clean they would charge 15euros a gram.
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Hitthepanda

Post by Hitthepanda »

hmm interesting. I assume it has happened and I probably just assumed it was bad weed or it tasted like shit :D I am usually smoking pure from a pipe nowadays so not really sure.

yeah I guess you are right on that, just wished we lived in a world where 3 euro less per gram just meant it wasn't quite as tasty/potent and not that the lesser weed was totally unflushed and shitty :D

think it would be quite nice to have a thread on here for reviews on best value weed in amsterdam... where people could list stuff they pick up for 10-13g that is consistently solid quality in terms of potency as well as flushing etc. seems like there is a LOT of hit or miss from shops if you go to that price level...
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Hitthepanda wrote: Tue 5th Mar 2019 11:10 am

yeah I guess you are right on that, just wished we lived in a world where 3 euro less per gram just meant it wasn't quite as tasty/potent and not that the lesser weed was totally unflushed and shitty :D

think it would be quite nice to have a thread on here for reviews on best value weed in amsterdam... where people could list stuff they pick up for 10-13g that is consistently solid quality in terms of potency as well as flushing etc. seems like there is a LOT of hit or miss from shops if you go to that price level...
How long have you been on here? There's been quite a few threads along the lines of what you describe, you're certainly not the first to have that bright idea.

That said, the ever-running problem discussed ad nauseam on here is that "consistency" of shops and their respective strains or batches of said strains thereof, tend to be anything but consistent. The best you can do is make a list of shops that tend to be or at least have been reliable for quality, value, etc.

10-13 EUR per g stuff in coffeeshops that's actually decent enough is very rare these days outside of haze-type strains. It's there, but not always but only with extensive hunting and a generous smattering of luck on your side.

However, perhaps it'll improve - in just the past week, there's been quite a lot of nice bits of EU/Dutch grown flower floating around the non-coffeeshop circuit, mostly ranging from 8-10 EUR per gram. But that's the first time even the non-CS (locally grown) stuff has been noteworthy in quite some time. So fingers crossed the shops will follow suit. Though add at least 2 EUR on either side of that price range if they do (10-13 EUR per gram, the price range you mentioned).
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Hitthepanda wrote: Tue 5th Mar 2019 11:10 am think it would be quite nice to have a thread on here for reviews on best value weed in amsterdam... where people could list stuff they pick up for 10-13g that is consistently solid quality in terms of potency as well as flushing etc. seems like there is a LOT of hit or miss from shops if you go to that price level...
There's a ton of hit and miss at every price level. Largely because commercial cannabis grows are hit and miss affairs as opposed to dialled in personal grows.

There's no single shop that I'm aware of that delivers 100% consistency. I've bought gems and absolute shite in just about shop I've every visited. Which is approx 80% of them now. Some shops fair better than others. Het Ballonetje and Voyagers would be at the top of my list. But consistency is a pipe dream imo.

Also - I wouldn't get too hung up on the idea of flushing being the only factor at play in whether a particular example of flower burns well. There are myriad other factors.
I've personally seen unflushed (i.e., fed right up until harvest) product from a hydro-system fed on bottled nutes yield beautifully smooth and flavourful product many times (most often when a well intentioned 10 week flower period gets chopped at week 8 )... A good long cure can hide a multitude of 'sins'.

I've also seen product from entirely organic gardens that didn't burn at all well - or white.
There are other properties of the glandular resin heads that I beleive can be responsible for dark ash or slow burning product. Particularly oily plants like the White are notorious for this. I beleive they retain moisture longer and therefore take a bit longer to dry/cure. My guess is that most commercial gardens will be chucking out a variety of strains - mainly all cropped and dried together to maximise time and space, so sometimes a product that takes a bit longer to be ready will slip through the net and make it to market.

'Flushing' only really refers to product grown in hyrdroponic systems anyway; you can't 'flush' soil. And truly organic (or no-till) gardening requires only water feeding anyway for the most part so the idea of flushing 'nutes' out of a lot of todays popular grow mediums is a nonsense. Some big operations will use Hyrdo for sure - but again I'd guess that most of them are keeping it simple with soil based medium for cost reasons - so the value of 'flushing' yeah - highly debatable.
Last edited by OneHighMofo on Tue 5th Mar 2019 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Tue 5th Mar 2019 12:14 pm 10-13 EUR per g stuff in coffeeshops that's actually decent enough is very rare these days outside of haze-type strains. It's there, but not always but only with extensive hunting and a generous smattering of luck on your side.
Largely agreed. Although I do find that most of my best purchases are at that price point. Perhaps because it's easier to be dissapointed at €14-18? I still think there's great product to be found at those lower price points, but yeah - as nugs says you need a fair bit of luck or be prepared to do a lot of shopping to find them.
Hitthepanda

Post by Hitthepanda »

cool thanks for the info guys i appreciate it, have only moved here recently although have been visiting over the years. I guess when you have constant people paying 15-30e a g everywhere in the city it doesn't make sense to list anything dank for cheaper since it sells out quickly anyway

really wanted to start growing when i moved here to test some of this out myself but my building says its a 10k euro fine if they catch you growing any cannabis plants haha
GanjaGod

Post by GanjaGod »

Hitthepanda wrote: Tue 5th Mar 2019 03:40 pm cool thanks for the info guys i appreciate it, have only moved here recently although have been visiting over the years. I guess when you have constant people paying 15-30e a g everywhere in the city it doesn't make sense to list anything dank for cheaper since it sells out quickly anyway

really wanted to start growing when i moved here to test some of this out myself but my building says its a 10k euro fine if they catch you growing any cannabis plants haha
Just make sure they dont catch u
Comus

Post by Comus »

so testing tuesday ... what is it? what happens and when? (other than being on a tuesday clearly :mrgreen: )
I'm in shocks and stares
bearbong

Post by bearbong »

I did get a g of their girl scout cookies (15e) and have to say it was the best tasting/looking bud (nice purple colors in there) I got in Amsterdam on this trip. Effect wise it was pretty solid.
Devore

Post by Devore »

Bought the best green of my trip here Lemon Bubble and Strawberry Punch. Both good taste and strong effects. Also tried their Lemon Bubble space cake. Very tasty and a good high